IGNORED

Next manager odds

And Its Smith

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Could you imagine that p***k returning, in sure SL would never rehire him.

the abuse he'd get from us fans isnt worth thinking about.....it'd send OTIB into meltdown and when we are finally allowed back inside the Cathedral of Bristol Football ..........it'd sound brilliant on Sky. 

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Arne Slot has appeared at 20/1. He’s a manager I’ve been advocating for to friends. His Alkmaar team play incredible football.  So much movement in a 4-2-3-1 but with full backs that double as midfielders at times. Interesting. 

An appointment like that would demonstrate, a) we're not sure just looking at the end of nose for a replacement and b) serious intent.

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

Why ?

i thought he did well at Wednesday and they played nice football 

Swansea was a disaster of epic proportions, had **** all clue how to use Tammy either, I know a guy who worked for Swansea's academy who had so little faith in their ability to stay up that through their partner's betting account bet (single bet rather than weekly for each game) on them to lose their last 5 games of the season to get relegated and won £400 odd. 

Having said that @Shtanley and @petehinton would love him so they could move onto 'Carvalhalisms'

12 hours ago, hodge said:

Or there’s so little money in the market a few bets here and there are still able to influence it

Please no 

I'm surprised that we haven't seen Rylan's name yet  - he's on everything else.

15 hours ago, ReggyRed said:

Sorry if we replace LJ with someone who finished 14th in league two, I’m done. That’s a cancel your season ticket kind of appointment.

Ala Hockaday at Leeds to some extent.

25 minutes ago, hodge said:

Swansea was a disaster of epic proportions, had **** all clue how to use Tammy either, I know a guy who worked for Swansea's academy who had so little faith in their ability to stay up that through their partner's betting account bet (single bet rather than weekly for each game) on them to lose their last 5 games of the season to get relegated and won £400 odd. 

Having said that @Shtanley and @petehinton would love him so they could move onto 'Carvalhalisms'

Great post . I stand corrected . 

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Arne Slot has appeared at 20/1. He’s a manager I’ve been advocating for to friends. His Alkmaar team play incredible football.  So much movement in a 4-2-3-1 but with full backs that double as midfielders at times. Interesting. 

He has some seriously impressive stats as a manager, wow! Never heard of him but a 59%+ win rate in a decent league is impressive. 

1 minute ago, Bainsey said:

Ryan Lowe who was a relative outlier on the SkyBet odds has now moved to second in the running behind Hughton. He's now 6/1. Wonder if there's anything significant behind that or not.

Something strange with this one as this is the second time he has moved significantly in the betting market

Just now, CiderHider said:

My pick so far for a long term manager.

Arguably Liverpool's best skipper and England star, we would be foolish to not give him consideration, he's young like Lee, driven too. his name alone could attract players far beyond our normal reach, if SL goes for long term stability i'd think there is no one better.

On 06/07/2020 at 15:48, TempleRed said:

Money is being lumped on Steven Gerrard odds have come in to 6/1 today from 25/1 on sky bet

I'd take Gerrard in a heartbeat. 

https://thecelticbhoys.com/2020/07/07/rangers-steven-gerrard-exit/

Respected Scottish football financier David Low tweeted today to indicate that the Gerrard possibility is plausible and not entirely daft:

“Bristol City is owned by one of the richest guys in the UK. It hasn’t been in the top tier since 1992. It will be one of the favourites for promotion and Gerrard would take the job, if offered.”

1992? I wish!

9 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Arguably Liverpool's best skipper and England star, we would be foolish to not give him consideration, he's young like Lee, driven too. his name alone could attract players far beyond our normal reach, if SL goes for long term stability i'd think there is no one better.

I'd take Gerrard in a heartbeat. 

Bit of a gamble though

As exciting as Gerrard might be & the loans he might attract, it still does not guarantee promotion - just have to look at Frank Lampard's Derby County. Incredible loans of Wilson & Mount an inspirational coach and a decent squad already there. Make the Plays offs but don't go up manger moves up to PL, loans gone and start all over again. 

Considerably more exciting than our seasons under LJ no doubt - but always likely to be a stepping stone with such a high profile ex-player.

I'm up for it but a longer term approach might be more likely.

12 hours ago, Red Alert said:

Bit of a gamble though

As exciting as Gerrard might be & the loans he might attract, it still does not guarantee promotion - just have to look at Frank Lampard's Derby County. Incredible loans of Wilson & Mount an inspirational coach and a decent squad already there. Make the Plays offs but don't go up manger moves up to PL, loans gone and start all over again. 

Considerably more exciting than our seasons under LJ no doubt - but always likely to be a stepping stone with such a high profile ex-player.

I'm up for it but a longer term approach might be more likely.

Lampard left because Chelsea came calling , if lampard stayed at derby for another year they would’ve kept the likes of mount and they would’ve  more than likely gone up this year .

when Liverpool come calling for SG he will leave .... but can’t see that happening for atleast another 5 years as Klopp is one of the best managers in the world ,

I say get SG in 

Archived