IGNORED

Next manager odds

And Its Smith

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Most fans will get behind anyone.

I do wonder what the reaction would be to John Terry. Personally I would be very unhappy and find it hard to get behind him. If he got off to a flying start I'd no doubt get over it but would soon turn if results worsened. Similar to the way a lot seemed to be with LJ. 

1 hour ago, Full nelson said:

Out of all the managers in the front running, which ones would not get support from the fans from day 1? 

Terry, because he disgusts me.

Happy to support anyone else whatever my reservations, because as has so often been the case what looks a good choice doesn’t work out & an odd one sometimes works.

I never liked Pulis but even gave him (a Welsh gashead, who is a godparent to Holloway’s kids & played shit football) a chance before then deciding he was a ***.

2 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Yup! But there’ll be a few managers where some fans are dead set against them being appointed. I don’t really know too much about most of them so I can’t comment. I was just wondering ??

You`ll never get 100% backing from the entire fanbase unless you`re appointing Guardiola or Klopp.

As far as appointments where a significant proportion of the fans would be unhappy go you`re talking Pu*is, Hollowhead, Warnock and one or two others (is Billy Davies still in football?) otherwise most would give them the benefit of the doubt even if it was someone who was not their preferred option.

A few bad results though and it would turn no matter who it was - and that is no different to any other club.

33 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

You know this how exactly?

Ahh yes you don’t know shit, just like the rest of us.

We were in a position where we were the only managerless club and we could have got someone decent in before the end of the season. Now that decent option may well go to one of the other clubs who have just become managerless. Poor foresight by our management. 

19 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

We were in a position where we were the only managerless club and we could have got someone decent in before the end of the season. Now that decent option may well go to one of the other clubs who have just become managerless. Poor foresight by our management. 

Perhaps certain managers are not committing and holding out to see what happens? Only a few people will know the true situation... and I bet that's no one posting on here!

5 minutes ago, Laner said:

Perhaps certain managers are not committing and holding out to see what happens? Only a few people will know the true situation... and I bet that's no one posting on here!

Sounds great.

What's Coppell doing nowadays?

I’m always quite surprised by how few City fans know stuff about clubs outside our Ashton Gate bubble. I suspect many won’t even know who Cowley, Cook, Lowe is, possibly even Hughton’s achievements. Gerrard is probably the only candidate that would gain 100% recognition. 

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

Who was ‘the decent one’?

1 hour ago, eric04 said:

I’m always quite surprised by how few City fans know stuff about clubs outside our Ashton Gate bubble. I suspect many won’t even know who Cowley, Cook, Lowe is, possibly even Hughton’s achievements. Gerrard is probably the only candidate that would gain 100% recognition. 

I’m always amazed at people who go to AG that I didn’t know even liked football, then when I ask them stuff, they say things like:

”I just go because my mates do, it’s a social thing”.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m always amazed at people who go to AG that I didn’t know even liked football, then when I ask them stuff, they say things like:

”I just go because my mates do, it’s a social thing”.

Yeah i know at least a dozen blokes who now go and watch City

If i ask them to come up 10-15 years ago there would be no chance they would come

They will stop going when football is no longer the "IN" thing or if city drop to league one

3 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Dithering and indecision by this club has once again shafted us. Pathetic

So just to be clear, you’re throwing your toys out of the pram based on precisely zero actual information and entirely your own presumptions about what you think you know, but actually don’t, yes?

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Will they bollox - I cant imagine several names mentioned getting a warm welcome.

We want a sign of ambition

Yeah, “anyone” is OTT.  There are some names being banded about that will definitely not be liked by some.  But you’ve only got to look at the reaction Warnock gets on here.  Some would love him here, others wouldn’t.

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Will they bollox - I cant imagine several names mentioned getting a warm welcome.

We want a sign of ambition

No, you want your interpretation of a sign of ambition. Some people would see a young hungry manager as a better sign of ambition than a 60 year old journey man looking for a last payday.

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

No, you want your interpretation of a sign of ambition. Some people would see a young hungry manager as a better sign of ambition than a 60 year old journey man looking for a last payday.

Wouldn't Darrell Clarke fit into that category he's 42 managed and has a pretty decent win % 

2 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Wouldn't Darrell Clarke fit into that category he's 42 managed and has a pretty decent win % 

I know you are picking a name to illicit a response, but I don’t think he would fit the club judging by some of his actions off the pitch. They would prefer someone who doesn’t stand on pub tables leading the fans in “banter songs”.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I know you are picking a name to illicit a response, but I don’t think he would fit the club judging by some of his actions off the pitch. They would prefer someone who doesn’t stand on pub tables leading the fans in “banter songs”.

No I didn't mean it to illicit a response and not aware of his actions other than he managed the other club in Bristol I'm just saying him as he's a similar age to Cowley but more experienced even though I wouldn't want either if I was a wealthy chairman of a championship club 

Archived