IGNORED

Next manager odds

And Its Smith

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Done a top job at Bury and Plymouth. Also just lost his top player at Argyle, as Sarcevic wanted to move back North. Not sure what else people can want from him - if he's sold the board with his presentation, I'd take him. For him, he'd probably just want some stability after two years with those teams.

Exactly. I remember reading he wowed the Argyle chairman with his presentation when he landed that job.

If people want exciting, attacking football with a specific style that’s exactly what you will be getting.

He also has the advantage of being young, hungry and successful (two promotions in his two full seasons as a manager). A really likeable bloke who is passionate, honest and fiery yet tactically aware in line with modern football.

Also, pure speculation here, but I’m quite certain would buy into the club ethos and work alongside Mark Ashton.

Only one issue for our fans, he’s the ‘cheap’ option so is automatically crap and will do shit ? 

Would be very surprised if it's Lowe as Head Coach. Just doesn't feel quite right. He's exactly the sort of manager we'd go for if we got relegated into L1. 

Putting 2+2 together, I wonder if he could be no.2 if it's Gerrard. Apparently they're friendly. Would mean having to pay two lots of compensation so probably unlikely, but it's the only feasible way I could see him being involved right now. Would explain the odds moving too - simply from people being aware we're speaking to him, just for a different role. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Would be very surprised if it's Lowe as Head Coach. Just doesn't feel quite right. He's exactly the sort of manager we'd go for if we got relegated into L1. 

Putting 2+2 together, I wonder if he could be no.2 if it's Gerrard. Apparently they're friendly. Would mean having to pay two lots of compensation so probably unlikely, but it's the only feasible way I could see him being involved right now. Would explain the odds moving too - simply from people being aware we're speaking to him, just for a different role. 

That’s not actually a completely outrageous shout I suppose. They’re certainly good mates.

I did wonder if something had been leaked from the club that we have been pursuing a young scouse manager, presumed to be Gerrard when in fact it was Lowe ? 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Can't see it. He's done his apprenticeship and been very successful, why would he go to a number two role? He's also been wanted by Bolton, and would likely be linked with any top L1/bottom Champ clubs, think Sunderland...

Would be a strange move to step back into an assistant role in these circumstances.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it was @Kid in the Riot who suggested that we may well speak to Lowe, not so much with a view to being appointed now, but to give him some experience and establish a link with him, maybe give him loan players to work with and suss him out as a potential future appointee.

3 hours ago, ChubStixx said:

Ryan Lowe now the odds on favourite with at least one bookmaker.

Something in that I'd imagine. Been/being interviewed perhaps?

He's moved to odds favourite a couple of times already, potentially bookie strategy to encourage more bets on managers who are now at longer odds, Hughton out to 10/1, Cook out to 16/1 etc, Cowley was long favourite yesterday and is out to 10/1 today   

45 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Can't see it. He's done his apprenticeship and been very successful, why would he go to a number two role? He's also been wanted by Bolton, and would likely be linked with any top L1/bottom Champ clubs, think Sunderland...

Would be a strange move to step back into an assistant role in these circumstances.

Just playing with the idea as a theory as to why his odds have shortened - I don't necessarily think it's likely 

46 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I think it was @Kid in the Riot who suggested that we may well speak to Lowe, not so much with a view to being appointed now, but to give him some experience and establish a link with him, maybe give him loan players to work with and suss him out as a potential future appointee.

Yep I think that's probably it - makes complete sense

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Just playing with the idea as a theory as to why his odds have shortened - I don't necessarily think it's likely 

Yep I think that's probably it - makes complete sense

It makes sense to talk to good upcoming managers - they might impresses you enough to swing your opinion, the may share progressive ideas fr the club that you then use and if they're upcoming as You and @Kid in the Riot say it can only stand us in good stead in the future if/when they have progressed to the level we wwant.

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

It makes sense to talk to good upcoming managers - they might impresses you enough to swing your opinion, the may share progressive ideas fr the club that you then use and if they're upcoming as You and @Kid in the Riot say it can only stand us in good stead in the future if/when they have progressed to the level we wwant.

Exactly - very prudent and in the meantime keeps the relationship sweet if we want to loan players out next season.

3 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

If I was a betting man this is where my money would be.

Interesting shout, I think fans would be a bit underwhelmed with him. Not that he's done anything wrong necessarily, but I feel that the expectation is someone with a higher reputation than him.

5 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

If I was a betting man this is where my money would be.

Numerous good bets on him at 25/1 so I hope your right

Money aside I would be happy with this, as I would Hughton or Ryan Lowe who plays some great football is an imaginative young coach but yes a risk..

25 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly - very prudent and in the meantime keeps the relationship sweet if we want to loan players out next season.

Interesting shout, I think fans would be a bit underwhelmed with him. Not that he's done anything wrong necessarily, but I feel that the expectation is someone with a higher reputation than him.

Do you think Alex Neil would be an upgrade on LJ? 

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Do you think Alex Neil would be an upgrade on LJ? 

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

Yes.

Agreed. Has actually won promotion to the Premiership with Norwich. 

Also, as @Davefevs says, smaller budget than us, and Preston are usually in a similar position to us at the end of the season as well.

6 minutes ago, Lez said:

Yes.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I do.  Done a v.good job on a much smaller budget than us.

I agree. He hasn’t quite got there with Preston but they’re a team that are good to watch with a great attitude looking from outside in, less resources etc. He also has a promotion on his CV with Norwich.

I’d welcome him.

Archived