IGNORED

Next manager odds

And Its Smith

5 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Exactly. I remember reading he wowed the Argyle chairman with his presentation when he landed that job.

If people want exciting, attacking football with a specific style that’s exactly what you will be getting.

He also has the advantage of being young, hungry and successful (two promotions in his two full seasons as a manager). A really likeable bloke who is passionate, honest and fiery yet tactically aware in line with modern football.

Also, pure speculation here, but I’m quite certain would buy into the club ethos and work alongside Mark Ashton.

Only one issue for our fans, he’s the ‘cheap’ option so is automatically crap and will do shit ? 

Please god no

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Would be very surprised if it's Lowe as Head Coach. Just doesn't feel quite right. He's exactly the sort of manager we'd go for if we got relegated into L1. 

Putting 2+2 together, I wonder if he could be no.2 if it's Gerrard. Apparently they're friendly. Would mean having to pay two lots of compensation so probably unlikely, but it's the only feasible way I could see him being involved right now. Would explain the odds moving too - simply from people being aware we're speaking to him, just for a different role. 

I can’t see a manager who has got two promotions in his first two years of managing, giving it up and becoming a number two at Bristol City, perhaps it’s just me. 

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I can’t see a manager who has got two promotions in his first two years of managing, giving it up and becoming a number two at Bristol City, perhaps it’s just me. 

Was just putting the idea out there PB as a potential theory as to why his odds have shortened, never said I thought it was likely ?

I don't pretend to be ITK whatsoever but I've been told this evening by a mate that Lowe is apparently due to be interviewed this week along with two others.  FWIW he's a trustworthy guy generally speaking who wouldn't be on the wind up so I don't believe it to be BS.  It could of course be wrong but that's different to intentional BS.

Take it or leave it.  I offer no guarantees and can't be bothered to defend myself or get into an argument when it's inevitably challenged or dismissed.  I have no agenda other than the passing on of a rumour from a mate that I happen to believe could well be true. 

Something I worked up earlier, this is data for the last 4 seasons in the championship looking at challenge intensity (how many defensive actions - defensive duels, loose ball duels, interceptions, tackles - a team is doing per minute of opponent ball possession) and passes per defensive action when out of possession. 

Neil's includes the time at Norwich and PNE they're a lot more intense with regards to out of possession play then we have been and usually allow less opposition passes per defensive action as well. For reference Bielsa's Leeds are the 2 very top left.

image.png.9bf12557878ef391a3aa0342a4fc3024.png

14 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Something I worked up earlier, this is data for the last 4 seasons in the championship looking at challenge intensity (how many defensive actions - defensive duels, loose ball duels, interceptions, tackles - a team is doing per minute of opponent ball possession) and passes per defensive action when out of possession. 

Neil's includes the time at Norwich and PNE they're a lot more intense with regards to out of possession play then we have been and usually allow less opposition passes per defensive action as well. For reference Bielsa's Leeds are the 2 very top left.

Could you label the appropriate years too?  Ta.

20 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Part of the reason Preston have been hard for us to crack in recent years? Always had a suspicion our PPDA figures would be low under Johnson. Never saw them though. This is great stuff.

21 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Part of the reason Preston have been hard for us to crack in recent years? Always had a suspicion our PPDA figures would be low under Johnson. Never saw them though. This is great stuff.

Thing is 3/4 aren’t low they’re very high in comparison, just Alex Neil’s sides are that bit more intense, however this seasons city are the lowest for ours 

5 hours ago, Slack Bladder said:

It seems my excitement regarding the new appointment is waning by the hour.

It seems an absolute age ago now, when I genuinely thought we had a plan and a new man ready to get started.

My expectations are getting so low, I am beginning to think what was the point of sacking LJ

Your expectations should never get that low.

8 hours ago, Magicdaps said:

I don't pretend to be ITK whatsoever but I've been told this evening by a mate that Lowe is apparently due to be interviewed this week along with two others.  FWIW he's a trustworthy guy generally speaking who wouldn't be on the wind up so I don't believe it to be BS.  It could of course be wrong but that's different to intentional BS.

Take it or leave it.  I offer no guarantees and can't be bothered to defend myself or get into an argument when it's inevitably challenged or dismissed.  I have no agenda other than the passing on of a rumour from a mate that I happen to believe could well be true. 

Does your mate know who the other two are ?

Thanks for sharing, interesting. 

7 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Thing is 3/4 aren’t low they’re very high in comparison, just Alex Neil’s sides are that bit more intense, however this seasons city are the lowest for ours 

What was your username before @Lrrr?

This should be a template for not having a clue, but my mate.......?

28 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

And there it is....the first dismissal of something passed on in good faith. 

I wouldn't worry about it, people get a bit funny about posters sharing bits and pieces they hear for some weird reason. They should know by now to take it or leave it, if they want to be sceptical then that's fine but no reason to be so scornful towards a poster who has no history of posting BS. 

10 hours ago, Magicdaps said:

Translation:

I know all the secrets and if you hail me as your god I might share some with you. Now go peel me some grapes!

Hahahahaha. Good pick up. I think I had too many coldies yesterday arvo. Can’t help me self. Robbie though could still be floating in the back ground and probably only asking 50% of what SG is looking at. 

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The odds are all over the place

Skybet

image.thumb.png.69d99d207cb5621bb14e9cf67e3c996c.png

Betfair 

image.png.7e4f8bfbb8df8eeeb8f29672e99813b9.png

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

The odds for Gerrard are pretty long considering how much press speculation there has been.

I think the thing with Gerrard is he or Rangers have not come out and said the story is bollocks. It’s been going for a week and a bit, with the reports of what SL is prepared to pay its questionable why either party hadn’t laughed it off 

5 minutes ago, daored said:

I think the thing with Gerrard is he or Rangers have not come out and said the story is bollocks. It’s been going for a week and a bit, with the reports of what SL is prepared to pay its questionable why either party hadn’t laughed it off 

Yeah they'd have scotched it [pun intended] if it was an inaccurate link.

Archived