IGNORED

Next manager odds

And Its Smith

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Hahahahaha. Good pick up. I think I had too many coldies yesterday arvo. Can’t help me self. Robbie though could still be floating in the back ground and probably only asking 50% of what SG is looking at. 

You are painting a very idyllic picture of life down under ??? 

1 hour ago, One Team said:

I see Joao Pedro Sousa has come from nowhere to 10th favourite on Sky Bet.

Any good @Olé?! 

Some random guy on Twitter this morning was asking for odds for a range of random names. Sousa, Ivo Vieira and someone else, if I recall correctly.

These were priced up by the traders and added to the markets. Same guy asked for the same names for the Brum job.

Nothing to it. Interestingly, he's now deleted all these tweets, but as you can see from SkyBet's response below, he was asking for lots of names!

image.png.a07f090b9779d13d9e41799577d1447a.png

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Some random guy on Twitter this morning was asking for odds for a range of random names. Sousa, Ivo Vieira and someone else, if I recall correctly.

These were priced up by the traders and added to the markets. Same guy asked for the same names for the Brum job.

Nothing to it. Interestingly, he's now deleted all these tweets, but as you can see from SkyBet's response below, he was asking for lots of names!

image.png.a07f090b9779d13d9e41799577d1447a.png

Just seen the other name he said - Gerhard Struber.

3 hours ago, One Team said:

Any good @Olé?! 

To be honest I'm surprise we haven't been linked with more foreign managers. Would make sense with us having a director of football and seems likes a lot of promising up and coming coaches are more than happy to come to a championship club.

4 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

To be honest I'm surprise we haven't been linked with more foreign managers. Would make sense with us having a director of football and seems likes a lot of promising up and coming coaches are more than happy to come to a championship club.

I thought there was a Foreign coach on the shortlist, and like you I wouldnt be in the slightest bit surprised to find that someone who had flown in via Lulsgate was the succesful applicant. 

23 hours ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

If I was a betting man this is where my money would be.

If I was a betting man then with this appointment my money would be staying in my pocket.

2 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I guess that's why Ashton claimed we had received applications from all around the world.

Robbie Fowler was a great striker, but I hope his coaching is better than his punditry. He can hardly speak meaningful sentences.

On 21/07/2020 at 14:07, One Team said:

Any good @Olé?! 

Funnily enough I nearly mentioned him myself a week or two ago. In his first full management job he is on track to take Famaliçao, in the first season back in the Portuguese top flight in 30 years, straight into Europe, having even led the league earlier in the season with frankly remarkable results against the biggest clubs.

What makes him an intriguing candidate is he's spent the prior 4-5 years in England as Marco Silva's assistant at Hull, Watford and Everton (in fact throughout Silva's career). In fact Silva only went pear shaped at Everton after Sousa left last summer so it's given him a lot of indirect credibility as the real mastermind. 

Finally, Sousa is another who like Nuno at Wolves, is associate and beneficiary of super-agent Jorge Mendes' stable of players and contacts - so much so, it allowed him to quickly and creatively overhaul the Famaliçao squad. Given talk that Pereira was part of City engaging Mendes last summer, it has some logic.

I'm also curious who would know about Sousa let alone bet on him or ask Sky Bet for a market price, without knowledge of some substance to his candidacy. I'm not assuming many City fans follow Famaliçao's progress. As the Portuguese league isn't complete that could be a factor in the timing of our process too.

(This could also all be an interesting sideline with no bearing on our process whatsoever!)

4 hours ago, Olé said:

Funnily enough I nearly mentioned him myself a week or two ago. In his first full management job he is on track to take Famaliçao, in the first season back in the Portuguese top flight in 30 years, straight into Europe, having even led the league earlier in the season with frankly remarkable results against the biggest clubs.

What makes him an intriguing candidate is he's spent the prior 4-5 years in England as Marco Silva's assistant at Hull, Watford and Everton (in fact throughout Silva's career). In fact Silva only went pear shaped at Everton after Sousa left last summer so it's given him a lot of indirect credibility as the real mastermind. 

Finally, Sousa is another who like Nuno at Wolves, is associate and beneficiary of super-agent Jorge Mendes' stable of players and contacts - so much so, it allowed him to quickly and creatively overhaul the Famaliçao squad. Given talk that Pereira was part of City engaging Mendes last summer, it has some logic.

I'm also curious who would know about Sousa let alone bet on him or ask Sky Bet for a market price, without knowledge of some substance to his candidacy. I'm not assuming many City fans follow Famaliçao's progress. As the Portuguese league isn't complete that could be a factor in the timing of our process too.

(This could also all be an interesting sideline with no bearing on our process whatsoever!)

Thanks @Olé good insight there.

He sounds a superb choice from what you have said, which probably means we will miss out on him and appoint someone else! ?

Archived