IGNORED

Next manager odds

And Its Smith

3 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Ryan Lowe now 5/1, very random guy for their money to be flooding in on?

a bit of money can make a lot of difference. Alex Neil is at 7's and he barely figured an hour ago. I suspect the Lansdowns will be heading higher than Ryan Lowe though.... and in the time I wrote that Ryan Lowe moved to 3/1

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

a bit of money can make a lot of difference. Alex Neil is at 7's and he barely figured an hour ago. I suspect the Lansdowns will be heading higher than Ryan Lowe though.... and in the time I wrote that Ryan Lowe moved to 3/1

Understand thats how betting markets move but to move his price by that much would still take a fair wedge and on someone that wouldn't even be in the thoughts of the general fanbase i.e. somebody may know something. WOuld be very underwhelming though and on the face of it is it any different to what we had?

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Understand thats how betting markets move but to move his price by that much would still take a fair wedge and on someone that wouldn't even be in the thoughts of the general fanbase i.e. somebody may know something. WOuld be very underwhelming though and on the face of it is it any different to what we had?

someone is slinging it on Lowe alright, but.....surely not. There'd be another bloody riot in Bristol if he walked into BS3

20 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

bit of a left field option....but bearing in mind our interest in French players in recent years, does a French Manager interest the Lansdowns? Pat Lam appeared from absolutely nowhere....and look what that did for the Rugby part of Bristol Sport

Exploit the Monaco link and get in Henry.

3 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

someone is slinging it on Lowe alright, but.....surely not. There'd be another bloody riot in Bristol if he walked into BS3

Why? What is it about how his teams play, his tactics and success where he's been that you object to?

I know nothing about him at all, clearly you must do so please enlighten me.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Why? What is it about how his teams play, his tactics and success where he's been that you object to?

His Bio reads well..... but he has never managed at Championship Level as far as I can see.  It was an observation rather than a criticism

33 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

bit of a left field option....but bearing in mind our interest in French players in recent years, does a French Manager interest the Lansdowns? Pat Lam appeared from absolutely nowhere....and look what that did for the Rugby part of Bristol Sport

Pat Lam wasn’t from nowhere, got plaudits for what he did at Connacht, winning the Pro 12.

But get your point, there may be a left field option out there.

i wish we could do the same with the football as we’ve done with the rugby though! Rugby seems to have many of these coaches that not only bring tactical knowledge but a culture & standards that breed success. Football it’s less so. But maybe that’s because they often don’t get long enough.

18 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Think it would be generally seen as SL taking another cheap option rather than the proven manager that the majority of our supporters would hope to see.

23 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Remember to ignore it when the odds shorten. It's well known that bookies simply react to the amount of money being placed.

The question is why is someone placing money on a left-field choice like Ryan Lowe without knowing something, within the first half an hour the two favourites were Hughton and Robins which have been spoken about on this forum over the last couple of weeks and therefore made logical sense as people would have been betting on this basis.

1 hour ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Hughton or Van Bommel.

If MVB then City old boy Shteeve McLaren has volunteered to act as translator ....

47 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Who’s Ryan whatever his name sounds like DJV

45 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Exploit the Monaco link and get in Henry.

Yes please

10 minutes ago, Taz said:

Just waiting for the Appleton suggestions to resurface because of his previous with Ashton ?

That's where the smart money should be. MA likes him, has previous with MA at both West Brom and Oxford, coached in the Premiership with Leicester, and just spent past 6 months coaching Joe Morrell. Done nothing to justify the hype, but Mark Ashton strikes me as someone who could spin his own grandmother as the best choice if that's what he's most comfortable with.

Very Few names on the lists that inspire me, one or two maybe but if any of the rest were to get the job think i will just give up now... need to go for proven track record, who is gonna manage the names on the dressing room too...

Would not be overly enthused with Ryan Lowe, but lets not forget he has achieved a hell of a lot more than LJ has ever achieved in his managment career. As long as the next manager gets the exact same amount of backing as LJ had then anything is possible.

4 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Would not be overly enthused with Ryan Lowe, but lets not forget he has achieved a hell of a lot more than LJ has ever achieved in his managment career. As long as the next manager gets the exact same amount of backing as LJ had then anything is possible.

His records reads similar to Wilders at Northampton. Never write off a lower league appointment. Even the Cowleys have improved Huddersfield since taking over - Hudd's were just that shit when they joined.

Just now, Fuber said:

His records reads similar to Wilders at Northampton. Never write off a lower league appointment. Even the Cowleys have improved Huddersfield since taking over - Hudd's were just that shit when they joined.

They havent improved them, they have had minimal impact and a lot of huddersfield fans are expecting him to get the chop.

16 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Now evens with Hughton 6/4. Suggests it’s just money moving the market atm but still pretty amazed.  

Archived