IGNORED

Neutrals point of view

This depends who we get in really doesn't it. If we get in a manager with no experience at this level then maybe stupid.

If we bring in mick McCarthy or an foreign manager like Bielsa then no.

I must question, how much do neutrals know of him. He got a bit of positive media coverage when we got to league cup semis, but generally our slumps in form dont make the newspapers or national radio so doubt they know too much about him.

They also haven't sat through one of the most dull seasons I've ever experienced as a fan

They don’t see what we see.

A different team and formation every week

A very talented squad achieveing nothing

The most unentertaining football I’ve ever watched 

That being said I thank LJ for his work, there were some massive highs early on and he has consolidated us as a championship team.

The neutrals have not watched our standard football over last few years.  The times I left the gate feeling I had watched a decent game or performance from us are minimal. The lack of action, no shots on goal, crab football, I can go on. 
He talked the talk, but did not ‘walk the walk’. Thanks for the cup run, perhaps find a job abroad.  We need winners.

3 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Often the way though isn't it? When West Brom sacked Darren Moore I couldn't believe it, I think they were in the top 6 at the time.

Yet my Albion supporting pal said he was relieved and 'you don't have to watch this shite every week'! 

Just as he’s unveiled by SL as our next coach ... 

Most of my friends were similar until I explained he'd been manager for 4 and a half years, spent over £30 million, and only managed to transition us from a relegation scrap to comfortable mid table.

They all agreed that with those resources and that much time, we can expect better.

4 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Pretty spot on in their assessment tbh. 
sky sports tweeted he’d been sacked. A Leeds fan couldn’t believe it saying it was a mistake until I put him right on a few things . Just shows you don’t know that much about other clubs really 

Just now, Davefevs said:

Outsiders and even the poorly informed media still say things like “bright young coach” and “his teams press high and play nice football through the thirds”.

The club contributed to this - they pressed this narrative. But even they, in the end, realised it was nonsense.  I've said on other threads, Johnson (and Ashton) are masters at self promotion, talking the talk, legends in their own lunchtimes, despite having achieved nothing.

Just now, cityloyal473 said:

The club contributed to this - they pressed this narrative. But even they, in the end, realised it was nonsense.  I've said on other threads, Johnson (and Ashton) are masters at self promotion, talking the talk, legends in their own lunchtimes, despite having achieved nothing.  And I got the sense, through the two games on Sky and through OSIB podcasts, that the pundits and players were catching onto LJs shortfalls and bluffing. 

17 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Most non City fans are thick as shit. We are a big club in this division now and underachieving. 

We’re actually 1 of about 5 or 6 clubs that have never played Premier League. So not sure I agree to be honest.

21 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

with respect...they obviously don't watch us very often!

Question to ask is whether they'd take LJ as their manager? I doubt they would.

My mate said he'd take Johnson at Boro, how he took us from being relegation threatened to top half, very appealing to fans of clubs like Boro atm

Archived