IGNORED

Neutrals point of view

13 minutes ago, City18 said:

Notts County and Preston have both had over 30 and over 40 seasons in top flight of english football and 2 league titles for the latter. 

Yet teams like Reading and bournemouth have played in the premier league. Would you agree NC and PNE are small clubs because they haven't played in the prem? 

Well this is awkward. I said Premier League not Old Division 1. Shall I pass you your coat or you alright to get it yourself? 

23 minutes ago, City18 said:

Football existed before the premier league. The english top tier got a rebrand and now all othe history is irrelevant?

Missed my earlier response did you @RedEyez

Perhaps you struggled to cope with your notifications going as high as 2? 

Wanna grab your lunch box and give mummy a kiss on your way back to primary school? 

3 minutes ago, City18 said:

Missed my earlier response did you @RedEyez

Perhaps you struggled to cope with your notifications going as high as 2? 

Wanna grab your lunch box and give mummy a kiss on your way back to primary school? 

???????

But I said Premier League, not top tier. Duhhhhhh

11 hours ago, pillred said:

But we are sitting below that fine line and have done so every season back in the championship, yes until this season there had been progress of sorts but we always seem to fall away right when it matters, to me that is the fine line that he is not good enough to get us over.

Jobi McAnuff on Sky yesterday “the best managers get the best out of their players at this time of the season”

He has become a very good studio pundit, very easy to listen to .

16 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Often the way though isn't it? When West Brom sacked Darren Moore I couldn't believe it, I think they were in the top 6 at the time.

Yet my Albion supporting pal said he was relieved and 'you don't have to watch this shite every week'! 

He must have had some 'near suicidal' days watching a Pulis team... 

16 hours ago, Lucan said:

I didn’t. I got the gist and made my point.

Any more stupid remarks or are you tapped out?

I don't care about this thread either. I did care a bit and then stopped caring. I'm dropping this one post just to update you and my followers that I'm now leaving the thread as I have lost interest in it. 

This happens quite often, in fact I rarely read every post in a thread unless it's a really good thread with a bit of pzazz to it, you know a bit of spice to really get your teeth into. 

My favourite thread of all time? Sorry but I'm not going to give you the satisfaction mate. I'll just leave you to guess, and let's just say you'll be guessing for quite some time. 

If by some sudden miracle I have my interest reignited I will come back here to post another comment. Don't hold your breath though. So just to be clear to all my followers.. I'm outta here. See you on some other threads on OTIB. Be sure to hit a positive reaction below. 

As for you Lucan, seems we both have little interest in this thread. My advice though... don't give up the day job eh. Or do give up the day job but expect lots of booos and zero cash. 

I'm done here. 

12 hours ago, hollydog said:

That’s a pretty damning comment on the intelligence of 99.9% of the population!

Should have said most non City fans are thick as shit about Bristol City. If they trot out the usual, small club, third tier history, the fans should be happy with midtable Chanpionship then they obviously havent kept up with the last 5 years.

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Should have said most non City fans are thick as shit about Bristol City. If they trot out the usual, small club, third tier history, the fans should be happy with midtable Chanpionship then they obviously havent kept up with the last 5 years.

Yeah, fair point.

8 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Here we go again ; every manager has to sell his best players that is part of life in the game .

LJ was given all the funds to reinvest in the squad, many coaches , look at Hull for example, lose players just to keep their club going .

No more of this tired excuse please folks .

If you read my post in full, and the one it responded to, instead of picking just one bit, you'd find that it was a question, not an 'excuse' and that I'm saying exactly what you are; that our model relies on selling to invest. Whether it's "all the funds" as you state, I don't know. But it's not been the case that SL has simply waved the cheque book whoever we've wanted to bring players in either. We've had to sell to invest. No, we are not Hull, but we are not Villa either. 

21 hours ago, AberRed said:

Most of my friends were similar until I explained he'd been manager for 4 and a half years, spent over £30 million, and only managed to transition us from a relegation scrap to comfortable mid table.

They all agreed that with those resources and that much time, we can expect better.

I tetesting info you fed them. 

Did you leave out that each year he'd been forced to lose the best players from that season, to help balance the books and that everything he's doesn't has been more than covered by what he's had to sell, year on year...? 

Just interested to know if you gave them the full picture, or only what you wanted them to know, to make them agree with what you wanted then to think...?! 

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I tetesting info you fed them. 

Did you leave out that each year he'd been forced to lose the best players from that season, to help balance the books and that everything he's doesn't has been more than covered by what he's had to sell, year on year...? 

Just interested to know if you gave them the full picture, or only what you wanted them to know, to make them agree with what you wanted then to think...?! 

Is Johnson any different from any manager in the Championship who needs to sell when a player gets interest from a top club? Also did he not get the money to bring in replacements

4 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Is Johnson any different from any manager in the Championship who needs to sell when a player gets interest from a top club? Also did he not get the money to bring in replacements

Yes and yes. 

I was just wondering if he'd given his friend's all the details, or just the bits that would ensure that they changed their opinion and agreed with him. 

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes and yes. 

I was just wondering if he'd given his friend's all the details, or just the bits that would ensure that they changed their opinion and agreed with him. 

What does it matter? Johnson has gone.

The board finally realised he wasn't up to the job. And not before time. 

Archived