IGNORED

Who are you most excited to see

Berkshire Red

Given a new manager is on their way shortly, and with this brings a clean slate with regards to tactics/team set up.

Which players are you most excited to see play under a new manager?

I feel we have a few real talents in this team, that may have not been given a fair chance or been played out of position.

I'm excited to see what a fresh pair of eyes can do with a front four of afobe, diedhiou, wells and weimann.

Also hope a new manager can get an exciting team playing off the flair of Kasey Palmer. 

Maybe the fresh slate could cause a few of the regulars I.e. o dowda to up their game a bit? 

Or can we bring someone in to sort out our defence. 

A lot of talent has been wasted in this team over the season. Exciting times ahead.

Anyone in midfield who will pass it forwards - more than backwards. And who can score more than 4 goals a season. It's amazing how low scoring our midfield is.

I suspect this means Smith won't see a contract renewal and I feel the same about him as LJ - great for City in their day but not part of our future.

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Oh to kick off next season with that, I`d be in dreamland.

Need an enforcer though, a Ben Pearson type in there with them - particularly if KP does play in behind the front two

Yeh, I’d like to see a intricate 4-3-1-2 .

Play neat and narrow. 

I honestly think that, between Nagy, Smith (if he stays), Massengo, Walsh, Morrell and Palmer, we have a the makings of a strong central midfield. I'd love to see a manager who can make all of that work, give Moore and Vyner a proper assessment to see what they can do and get Kalas, Dasilva, Wells and (if he stays) Afobe up to speed. 

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I honestly think that, between Nagy, Smith (if he stays), Massengo, Walsh, Morrell and Palmer, we have a the makings of a strong central midfield. I'd love to see a manager who can make all of that work, give Moore and Vyner a proper assessment to see what they can do and get Kalas, Dasilva, Wells and (if he stays) Afobe up to speed. 

I agree with this. That's the most frustrating (and now LJ's gone most exciting) thing, the talent throughout the squad (minus potentially right back if we don't sign Pereira) is there to go on and do something special imo. We just need a manager who can get the best out of them, sticking to a system that suits them (3-5-2 imo) without the constant chopping and changing of personnel and formations. Exciting times ahead hopefully!

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

Yeh, I’d like to see a intricate 4-3-1-2 .

Play neat and narrow. 

With the players we had available at the start of the re-start, I suggested that formation.

But with a new manager in charge, and so many teams comfortable with 4231, recruitment of those positions should be easier too.

We have the players to play it now.

People need to adjust their views that “1 up top is more defensive that two up top”....jeez, our (ex) head coach has proved that three up top can produce negative football.

It’s about fitting players to a system or designing a system around the players.

Don’t get me wrong there is an unbalanced squad there but it has some quality too.  A couple of key recruits is all it really needs....plus trading to freshen it up.

Moore, Morrell and Walsh- these 3 in particular getting a proper and fair crack. I hope they will be better players for their loan spells away and I'm optimistic about them.

I also look forward to the prospect of, I hope, seeing a way to get the best out of the likes of Massengo, Nagy, Palmer and our good striking options.

I look forward to a shape that will not get outnumbered pretty well every or at least weeks. I look forward to this platform giving us a strong opportunity to take the game to the opposition more than we have! Not saying we'll dominate all comers, not even at home, but I think we can play a much more pleasing on the eye and positive approach- I really do. The likes of Moore at the back, Walsh and Morrell in midfield will be good for the press IMO- Moore-Kalas axis at the back seems the best for this in terms of our likely options next year.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

With the players we had available at the start of the re-start, I suggested that formation.

But with a new manager in charge, and so many teams comfortable with 4231, recruitment of those positions should be easier too.

We have the players to play it now.

People need to adjust their views that “1 up top is more defensive that two up top”....jeez, our (ex) head coach has proved that three up top can produce negative football.

It’s about fitting players to a system or designing a system around the players.

Don’t get me wrong there is an unbalanced squad there but it has some quality too.  A couple of key recruits is all it really needs....plus trading to freshen it up.

Really agree with a lot of this post Dave- I see lack of balance in one or two areas, ie is Pring ready to back up DaSilva at this level, if not do we need another LB?

Hunt, Vyner- or AN Other? All have key points.

Bolded bit though- I just applaud!! I really applaud- it's a commonly ingrained view (IMO) in English football or at certain levels in fairness, less so in Europe/South America perhaps. I digress, one up front really can be far from defensive. Two up top can lead to losing midfield, being pushed back and having to, er- defend/play negatively! Way game has evolved...here at high levels too but it perhaps took a bit longer, that's what I'm trying to say.

Let's have a go then:

Bentley/Maenpaa

Hunt Moore Kalas DaSilva

Walsh Nagy Morrell

Palmer

Weimann Wells

Not bad I reckon!

That's just one thrown together. Not considered any trading- Massengo and Smith as first reserves are strong competition, Rowe and his experience in that his final year maybe able to break up game, game management etc. I think we have good options.

Defenders are of an age and profile to push higher, to squeeze the play. I know Bentley was the big money signing and is younger...but I kinda prefer Maenpaa- an unheralded free transfer with limited games for Brighton, has he done much wrong in his time here?

Archived