IGNORED

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll

Dynamite Red

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll  

1413 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• The title was changed to Who do you want as next City manager - Poll

I’ve put in another thread. Really don’t get the mark robins love in. Yes he’s done well at cov , but has done very little anywhere else. We need to look at someone with a good history of multiple promotions imo . Infrastructure wise , we’ve grown massively as a club . We’re not a big club but bigger than we’ve ever been historically in infrastructure , fanbase profile etc 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’ve put in another thread. Really don’t get the mark robins love in. Yes he’s done well at cov , but has done very little anywhere else. We need to look at someone with a good history of multiple promotions imo . Infrastructure wise , we’ve grown massively as a club . We’re not a big club but bigger than we’ve ever been historically in infrastructure , fanbase profile etc 

Done a good job at cov but like you say not a lot elsewhere.....we are pushing for promotion, we need someone with a proven track record.

Gotta be Jokanovic for me of those.

Has proven he can a club to the prem, suits the clubs current setup in terms of head coach and play's decent football. Good records at both Fulham and Watford, as well as Partizan and Levski, around 47% of wins over a spell of 7 seasons-ish is pretty impressive.

The bigger question is the finances - what's his compensation package likely to be - as only (in theory) a year remaining on his contract there.

If we want to sure up the defence, then Hughton could be a shout; but out problems seem to stem more from the offensive parts of our play, and I cannot recall Chris utilising much of a pressing system at Brighton and he had a good team mostly due to them blowing FFP didn't they?

Outside/Dark-Horse would be Van Bommel - anything could happen in that appointment' Koeman for So'ton or De Boer for Palace in equal measure.

18 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Needs to be someone that plays positive football and gives youth a chance.

Would be very surprised if it is a manager who plays negative football and likes older players.

I've gone for Robbins. But not too fussed as long as they fit what I want and what I assume the club wants with pathway and style of football.

Does this club know what style of football it wants?

We seem to swap mid-match.

I think they will and should let the new coach decide not insist on a coach to play a set way - that would turn most managers off straight away (and rightly so).

It is a tough one. Hughton and Jokanovic the best two options for instant success. Do not seem like the hirings the club would make though. But my vote is Jokanovic. Promotions and good football. 

I like Mick McCarthy. Think we could go either way under him though. Doesn’t seem like a great fit. 

Ainsworth is more the kind the club would pursue. Done a very good job at Wycombe. He’d be my choice if we aren’t attracting top names. 

A lot on the list in job and good jobs some of them. Wagner is one and may relish the opportunity to do well in England again. Think maybe he could regret his last season at Huddersfield because it wasn’t pretty. Not doing great at Schalke. Think they finished on a LJ style 11 winless in the Bundesliga. He could be gone at some point and would be a good appointment I think. 

Please mr lansdown don’t go for a young up and coming prospect to get us out of the mire to get a team promoted you need at least 3 players that have played in the league you are aiming to hit and it’s the same as the manager you have to go for a been there and done it FULL STOP !!! Your choice of a rugby coach has been spot on don’t short change us football fans that are loyal to the cause 

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Jokanovic IF we could tempt him followed by Van Bommel, Hughton and Warburton. I wouldn't be against Adkins either TBH, did very well at Hull.

Forgot about Nigel - that's a solid shout, especially when you compare Hull in terms of where they are now without him.

Bit left field but Ricardo Lunari, Dieter Hecking or Dirk Schuster, see any of them fancy proving something.

I don't really know much about them but Ricardo has trained under Bielsa and I like that football. The other 2 have been manager of the season in Germany. 

I’d wait to see whether any of the relegated Premier League Managers become available. Dean Smith or Eddie Howe for example. I could see either of them fitting in with the overall structure/ethos of the club as well. 

Honestly think Hughton would be by far the best option but I’m doubtful we can get him, because I think he’s probably have better options if he waited until the summer. Jokanovic a great, great option but was poor with Fulham when they were in the Prem and I think we have the capabilities to be a regular Prem side, but I don’t think he’d be good past that. I would LOVE David Wagner but again think he’s unrealistic. So yeah I’d go all out on Hughton probably but it’ll be interesting to see who it is if it’s not him

4 minutes ago, eardun said:

I’d wait to see whether any of the relegated Premier League Managers become available. Dean Smith or Eddie Howe for example. I could see either of them fitting in with the overall structure/ethos of the club as well. 

Would be shocked if Howe was sacked, I think he’ll probably stay with Bournemouth and take them back up if they go down like Dyche at Burnley. But if not I’d be all for it

8 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Bit left field but Ricardo Lunari, Dieter Hecking or Dirk Schuster, see any of them fancy proving something.

I don't really know much about them but Ricardo has trained under Bielsa and I like that football. The other 2 have been manager of the season in Germany. 

They are made up names

Archived