IGNORED

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll

Dynamite Red

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll  

1413 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, Floatn Over said:

Always liked KJ, seems a really genuine bloke, gives an honest concise interview, would fit our developing young players philosophy, been around a bit.

Many will say an uninspiring choice though but a good shout IMO.

Passed his sell by date now. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah or Brentford. Or Fulham promotion season. Or Leeds style under Bielsa.

Or even LJs old philosophy. Don't know what happened to that!

If we are going with youth then we are not going to beat teams in a kind of playing percentages kind of way like LJ seems to have been doing more the longer he has been here.

We can't play the likes of Moore, Dasilva, Morrell, Walsh, Massengo, Szmodics and beat teams by playing this way.

We need that extra body in midfield and we need to out play teams on the deck.

We got players that look class on the ball. It's vital we get in a manager who will play the right way.

I think some have a better balance than others but I agree with overarching point- I think Leeds structurally not bad, don't concede a huge number of chances etc. Jokanovic bit open but great to watch- all excellent though.

I totally agree with the rest of your post. Not fully sold on Szmodics yet but 100%. Have to play the right way, have to look to outplay sides in general.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah or Brentford. Or Fulham promotion season. Or Leeds style under Bielsa.

Or even LJs old philosophy. Don't know what happened to that!

If we are going with youth then we are not going to beat teams in a kind of playing percentages kind of way like LJ seems to have been doing more the longer he has been here.

We can't play the likes of Moore, Dasilva, Morrell, Walsh, Massengo, Szmodics and beat teams by playing this way.

We need that extra body in midfield and we need to out play teams on the deck.

We got players that look class on the ball. It's vital we get in a manager who will play the right way.

I think some have a better balance than others but I agree with overarching point- I think Leeds structurally not bad, don't concede a huge number of chances etc. Jokanovic bit open but great to watch- all excellent though.

I totally agree with the rest of your post. Not fully sold on Szmodics yet but 100%. Have to play the right way, have to look to outplay sides in general.

2 hours ago, Floatn Over said:

Always liked KJ, seems a really genuine bloke, gives an honest concise interview, would fit our developing young players philosophy, been around a bit.

Many will say an uninspiring choice though but a good shout IMO.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Lez said:

Passed his sell by date now. 

So I guess you’re saying

image.png.154e58414252b43f431fc1802efb719b.png

39 minutes ago, ForeverRed said:

Is Mauricio Pochettino available?

We should aim high!

Yes but we couldn’t afford him. And that would be more of a coup than Bielsa to Leeds.

Jokanović for me. He has achieved promotion to the Premier League both directly and through the playoffs, plus his teams have been good to watch, unlike Hughton whose teams win effectively rather than excite. That said a team that knew how to defend and score themselves would be a major step forward right now!

8 hours ago, marcofisher said:

He would probably see himself as the long-term successor to Klopp, like Lampard at Chelsea. If he stays at Rangers he is less at risk of looking average in the Championship. 

Can't see him going to any big club soon if he keeps coming second in a two-horse race

29 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Whoever gets this job is going to get the same poisoned chalice that Derek McInnes got. 

Bloated squad that needs trimming with no money to spend. SL really did back the wrong horse. 

We really are in a mess I fear.

While having a bloated squad, trying to fit any pieces together to make a team is near impossible.

Ultimately this was LJs downfall. No matter how many times he threw the pieces up in the air, they never fell into place to make a team. 

Whatever formation 442, 352 etc, it just doesn’t work and exposes major weaknesses.

We’ve got to do some major trading over the Summer and build a team, not just collect players as if we’re in a toy shop and randomly grab what we fancy off the shelves. 

Frankly, the only player I wouldn’t be willing to trade would be Maenpaa - and he’s likely the first to be gone.

That’s a pretty damming indictment of where we are at present! 

17 minutes ago, RedRock said:

We really are in a mess I fear.

While having a bloated squad, trying to fit any pieces together to make a team is near impossible.

Ultimately this was LJs downfall. No matter how many times he threw the pieces up in the air, they never fell into place to make a team. 

Whatever formation 442, 352 etc, it just doesn’t work and exposes major weaknesses.

We’ve got to do some major trading over the Summer and build a team, not just collect players as if we’re in a toy shop and randomly grab what we fancy off the shelves. 

Frankly, the only player I wouldn’t be willing to trade would be Maenpaa - and he’s likely the first to be gone.

That’s a pretty damming indictment of where we are at present! 

Cheer up Red......I have a feeling that unlike Lee, a new proper manager will get the best out of those players and you will see huge improvement with many of them......it may feel like a new squad! 

It has to be Hughton for me. He’s the manager that can do what LJ did best in making us an established championship team, so there would be no worry of us doing an Ipswich but more importantly can do what LJ couldn’t, and have us fighting for promotion and in my opinion, top 2. 
Jokanovic is a very close 2nd. I really hope we don’t go for an up and coming manager or someone who has done well in the lower leagues. It very rarely ever works for championship teams, we finally need to go big in the managerial department. Get someone in who has done it in this league before. 

There are quite a few managers without jobs at the moment. 

Arsene Wenger - all but retired but is a manager of world class quality.

Marco Silva - Once Everton ?

Sam Allardyce - like him or hate him he would definitely do the job.

Chris Houghton - I think is most talked about and everyone’s favourite 

Leonardo Jardim - ex Monaco.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Whoever gets this job is going to get the same poisoned chalice that Derek McInnes got. 

Bloated squad that needs trimming with no money to spend. SL really did back the wrong horse. 

True but this time we have valuable players that could be traded . 

All the new man has to decide is which style of play he wants to utilise and then sell off the clubs in the bag that he no longer needs. 

2 minutes ago, City oz said:

I forgot Joe Royle as well. He is well experienced and still has a couple of years left in him 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

There is more quality in the squad now than back then. The challenge facing the new regime will be to trim the squad numbers and find a shape that suits them. I expect we will need to cash in on some players to fix some of the remaining holes (RB, GK, CM) but it isn’t an impossible task. 

29 minutes ago, City oz said:

Why not add Rafa Benitez into the list

No chance we will appoint a manager of this profile

7 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Ryan Lowe the new favourite 

There are those who say they just want to be entertained, so this sounds promising.

”He is attack-minded, and Bury in 2018-19 were one of the Football League's highest-scoring teams; their style, described as "gung-ho",[3] soon brought success as the club finished second in League Two and earned promotion back to League One.[34] Lowe explained in an interview with The Guardian that he wanted to instil a "winning philosophy" and that, by outscoring their opponents, Bury would have a greater chance of achieving that goal. The on-field strategy is effectively a 3-1-4-2 formation”

Whether it will work at Championship level who knows. 

3 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Why not add Rafa Benitez into the list

No chance we will appoint a manager of this profile

Why not. I dont think SL will settle with an unproven manager next time around.

If we go for a manager with no track record at this level I fear another Lansdown 'project' - in which the owner's desperation to be shown to have picked a winner that everyone else overlooked prevents a cold, hard, assessment of their progress. It's seen the club waste time as Lee Johnson was given chance after chance to prove SL's judgement correct...when he should have been shown the door.

...SL's judgement was flawed. As it has been many times in the past.

I'd have far more confidence in a manager who had actually manage a promotion campaign to the Prem.

Why does everyone say we need a ‘proven manager ‘ - we need the right man for the job, regardless of whether that’s is Lowe, Hughton or anyone else. 
Look at Wilder at Sheffield Utd , he’d managed Halifax Town & Northampton, Dyche was sacked by Watford. Hardly on the face of it inspiring choices 

13 minutes ago, City oz said:

Agreed but its time a top flight manager with experience in the prem was sourced.

Generally those interested in coming here with top flight experience are those that failed in the top flight.

I’d be more up for an up and coming manager, some of the suggestions like Rafa are utterly deluded   

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Why does everyone say we need a ‘proven manager ‘ - we need the right man for the job, regardless of whether that’s is Lowe, Hughton or anyone else. 
Look at Wilder at Sheffield Utd , he’d managed Halifax Town & Northampton, Dyche was sacked by Watford. Hardly on the face of it inspiring choices 

Exactly this, Bournemouth took a chance on Howe - look at them now. 

5 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Generally those interested in coming here with top flight experience are those that failed in the top flight.

I’d be more up for an up and coming manager, some of the suggestions like Rafa are utterly deluded   

Talk of Rafa or Pochettino are ridiculous - was going to mention Howe but he had a link to the club and ended up with a good budget 

4 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

I said elsewhere that I’d like to see if relegated PL managers like Howe become available at the end of the season. If Howe or Dean Smith were available, they’d be at the top of my list. I think we need someone who has achieved promotion from the championship. 

17 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

You could argue we did that when we appointed LJ though... Ex player, young, highly rated, unproven... 

SL might want to try a different approach this time! 

Archived