IGNORED

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll

Dynamite Red

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll  

1413 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reading the early odds and speculation..

The following are definitely interested:

• Clough
  • McCarthy

The following have short odds with bookies which indicate it's possible they are being considered:

• Houghton
  • Lowe

Suggestions like Benitez and Dyche are pretty ridiculous really. The four above are obviously far more realistic.

In my opinion..

• The majority of fans would be underwhelmed by Clough and can't see us going for him.
  • The majority of fans would be underwhelmed by Lowe too but I can see someone like him being attractive to the board.
  • McCarthy would divide opinion but there'd be lots of people excited by his track record and experience. Not sure he's the board's ideal type of manager though.
  • I think most would be satisfied with Houghton and he's a sensible choice. I wouldn't describe him as 'exciting' though particularly.

4 hours ago, eardun said:

Think you may have missed some news. 

Probably but been on the main site ....nothing there. Are you referring to the statement that the appointment was as a care taker role? If that is the case a few 'caretakers' have come good....but like everyone else want an established manager than can justify's the owners ambitions and investment.  

17 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

He  may have got the sack from Brighton but still left with a win % of 40.9% and fans shouldn't forget how he trurend Brighton around when they looke certainties to be relagated to league one before he took over. A safe bet and could be perfect you guys 

Yeah I agree and would love him to come to us. Just pointing out for fans that want a exciting free flowing type of football ,you won’t get that style under hughton . 

36 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Coincidence ?

’ In May 2016, Hughton signed a new four-year contract which will run until June 2020. ...‘ 

Following his sacking from Brighton his contract is now finished . 

Given the candidates that have been mentioned CH would be my first choice. From what I know about him he seems to have the persona and experience that would fit with BCFC. 

53 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Doesn’t make him a good manager though. He’s done nothing in club football 

Because he isn't pep or klop? What he did with Wales was an achievement. 

Got to be realistic here. McCarthy put his hat in the ring. If I recall, Ipswich fans were board of his football. 

46 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

Probably but been on the main site ....nothing there. Are you referring to the statement that the appointment was as a care taker role? If that is the case a few 'caretakers' have come good....but like everyone else want an established manager than can justify's the owners ambitions and investment.  

Apologies - I thought you were referring to LJ winning the next 5 and getting a new contract! 

2 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Happy to create a poll in the middle of the week if people want me to that reduces this list down to the most popular 3 - 5 choices, hopefully to establish the official OTIB preferred manager.

Wouldn't be surprised if by the middle of the week the appointment has been made. No info but just a feeling

8 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Wouldn't be surprised if by the middle of the week the appointment has been made. No info but just a feeling

Houghton’ for me but am I right in thinking no Ryan Lowe in the list even though The Post says he’s now evens favourite ? 

5 hours ago, SuperRed said:

I think you need to take your rose tinted glasses off when it comes to saleable assets in the squad, especially in the current climate. No way will we be getting anywhere near the £20 million + in player sales that has bankrolled our spending over the past couple of seasons. Johnson / Ashton cocked up. We had to invest that money well and we didn’t and now a new manager will have to try and form an unbalanced squad in to a promotion side. They will get a bit of money from the sales of Eliasson and Diedhiou but we won’t be in a very strong position to get great fees for them. The other players you mention will be really hard to shift unless we sale for peanuts. 

It wasn’t rose tinted at all. I mentioned clearly it isn’t the best season to be sellers. That said it is still a level playing field and the fees will reflect that across the world. Nowhere did I say we will make a large amount in the window. Just that we have players we will get decent fees for even if they aren’t what we are used to. The players in the final year I mentioned are just examples of maybe shifting wages. Not all of them obviously but even one leaving frees up a large chunk of wages to be put towards a free transfer or loan. I don’t think we are a team that needs 4-5 to have a chance for playoffs. We need a piece or two. 

Point is, this isn’t a complete rebuild with ageing journeyman from top to bottom. Anyone coming in will have enough to add 1-2 plus a loan or two if they need it. Its a relatively young squad with our oldest players being very experienced champ players in their late 20s. It is a good a situation that maybe people think is worse because the most recent decision maker wasn’t up to the job. 

5 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

After remembering this happened earlier on in the season, I am fully behind the appointment of Ryan Lowe. 

Would certainly get the crowd up for it and would be a pleasant change to see someone taking no shit in the dug outs.  Maybe he’d even toughen the team up! 

Archived