IGNORED

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll

Dynamite Red

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll  

1413 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Obviously I’d like Chris houghton with us . He’s got two promotions from the championship , is very respected in the game and seems a top bloke. However, people who want exciting football would be disappointed . He got sacked from Brighton because of cautious/ negative football. 

But did his sides play negative football getting promoted from the Championship?

Not easy to play attacking fluid football in the top league with a limited squad at that level, and expect to stay up.

2 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Nigel Clough has stated that he will be applying, said so on TalkSport this morning.

Bless.

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

Houghton’ for me but am I right in thinking no Ryan Lowe in the list even though The Post says he’s now evens favourite ? 

Who is this Ryan Lowe fella? Never heard of him. I must do some homework.

Arhhhh yes.. well it's a no from me. Let him continue his good work at Argyle.

Just now, krxs97 said:

I don't think Maccabi Tel-Aviv were paying the same sort of money as clubs in Qatar.

He is young enough to get another job in the middle east or China later in his career. I would imagine he would be very keen to build a better reputation for himself and have another crack at a respected league knowing he can always return in the future. 

2 hours ago, krxs97 said:

I think we'll do well tempting Jokanovic away from his healthy paycheck in Qatar...

We would also need to compensate his club in Qatar for the remainder of his current contract. I’m unsure of his current salary but the compensation could be into the millions. This is before we even account for the salary he would need to come here. 

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

We would also need to compensate his club in Qatar for the remainder of his current contract. I’m unsure of his current salary but the compensation could be into the millions. This is before we even account for the salary he would need to come here. 

I would imagine that ambitious managers who go to these middle eastern clubs would often have clauses written into their contract which would allow them to move if a European club comes calling. 

23 hours ago, eardun said:

It’s going to be Robins just for the marketing opportunity. We’ll be behind closed doors again next season but we can watch on Robins TV. 

Robins, Robins. 

has to be

nor since Arsene at Arsenal has there been a more obvious appointment. Nomative Determanism etc

So nearly half of respondants who didnt like LJ's style of football want Chris Hughton. That makes no sense whatsoever unless you want promotion at any cost including sacraficing attacking football for a few more years.

Lets have a few more years of us being set up not to lose. Can't wait.

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

So nearly half of respondants who didnt like LJ's style of football want Chris Hughton. That makes no sense whatsoever unless you want promotion at any cost including sacraficing attacking football for a few more years.

Lets have a few more years of us being set up not to lose. Can't wait.

What exactly was LJ's style, if he had really set up not to lose, at least we would have had a style/system that we could get behind. My problem with Johnson was, that after 4 years 100 or so players almost a dozen transfer windows , he didn't have a formation or system or style of play, he definitely have a "best XI".

We could do with someone , probably experienced, that has an idea how he wants to play, but has a bit of flexibility to fit our players to his system, whoever that may be. Hughton happens to have previous for getting out of the Championship, there are a lot of things on his CV that suggest he could be a good fit.

My pal from Norrrwicch says Hughton played the most boringly defensive football he has ever seen at Carrow Road.

Others say his team at Brighton banged the goals in for fun...

So that would be Prem v Champs circumstances I assume. 

Summary = hire, promote, fire 

And there you have it.

Pin this for future reference.

Archived