IGNORED

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll

Dynamite Red

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll  

1413 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's got to be Chris Hughton for me, get us promotion and then upgrade again after a couple of seasons. We should of done this with Warnock when LJ was appointed. LJ should of gone two years ago and We've wasted opportunities and money under LJ.

7 minutes ago, Selred said:

One would require paying Coventry. So I would expect they'd end up similar amounts.

The cheap options are Holden / Macca, not someone already employed. 

Yes bad example, just pointing out that different coaches would expect very different wages so there will certainly be much cheaper options than CH. 

32 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Why do people go on about cheap option ??‍♂️

There is literally no such thing 

Totally agree.  The wrong man in charge can set the club back years.   The manager may not have the same influence on transfers (thankfully given the shithousery performed by Pulis) but they can have immense negative impact  on development of a player and his ultimate saleability. 

And generally for a poorly performing team all players' values will to some degree be below what they could fetch.   

Disaffected players will leave and generally it will be the better ones that have other offers, leaving the club with the dross.

There really are no cheap options, just wrong ones.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well there definitely is. Do you think Robins and Hughton will command the same wage?

See Red Skins Reply below! ??

2 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Totally agree.  The wrong man in charge can set the club back years.   The manager may not have the same influence on transfers (thankfully given the shithousery performed by Pulis) but they can have immense negative impact  on development of a player and his ultimate saleability. 

And generally for a poorly performing team all players' values will to some degree be below what they could fetch.   

Disaffected players will leave and generally it will be the better ones that have other offers, leaving the club with the dross.

There really are no cheap options, just wrong ones.

Simply put @BRISTOL86, the manager position is the most important, if it’s a bad one, it will cost much more than a good one, regardless of the wages paid 

2 hours ago, nellie said:

what utter rubbish im afraid there is always a cheap option ! im much cheaper that Klopp 

If you become our Manager... you may cost a lot less than Klopp, but the relegations that follows would cost a lot more than Klopp wage ?

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

But you’ll get this (exciting football) with Hughton based on his previous set up / approach in the Championship.

We may do. I don't know. His football seems to divide opinion and I haven't seen enough of it to hazard a guess.

I was just disagreeing with your general point.

He is not my number one choice, but to be honest I struggle to see anyone not improving on Lee Johnson in terms of entertainment.

15 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Brighton 3-0 Forest, Brighton 3-0 Rotherham, Brighton 5-0 Norwich, Brighton 3-0 QPR, Brighton 4-0 Burton, Brighton 4-0 Reading, Brighton 3-0 Derby.

All results from their promotion season, with there also being plenty more games where they scored 3+. If that’s defensive horrible football then by all means I’ll take it...

Regardless I’ve personally always been willing to sacrifice good football for results, it’s rare that a club like us gets out of this division playing expansive, open attacking football.

So a Manager who encourages his teams to SHOOT looking at that. Nothing like Johnson. How many times over the last year have we played games and had less than four shots on target in 90 minutes? You only have to look at our stats since we’ve come out of lockdown. In fact didn’t we go a couple of games earlier this season without a single shot on target?

14 hours ago, Riaz said:

Why do people go on about cheap option ??‍♂️

There is literally no such thing 

There is in terms of wages, but the fact is that a world class rugby player depending upon position would cost less than Kalas per annum and the same for coaches. The clubs will be pegging back the salary cap too so a bit of dosh to improve the coaching staff at the rugby club.

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I voted for Cannavaro, apparently he’s done well in China. :icecream:

It clearly isn’t the sensible choice. He would cost a fortune and has never worked in England but just imagine the Fabio Cannavaro at City! I’m not sure I would even care if he was rubbish! 

6 minutes ago, Keep the Faith said:

It clearly isn’t the sensible choice. He would cost a fortune and has never worked in England but just imagine the Fabio Cannavaro at City! I’m not sure I would even care if he was rubbish! 

I wouldn't care either…I think we need a poster boy :wub:

Wow! Get him in, Steve. :hug:

11 hours ago, Superjack said:

Whoever it is, please let them decide on a system to play, pick or sign the players to implement that system, and let the opposition worry about us. 

This is all.

Simple game init?

I’m warming more now to Mick McCarthy as SLs compromise target. Need a steady, experienced hand who has proven that he will work under (severe) constraints without throwing his toys out the pram. 

Think Houghton will demand more than SL will be prepared to offer -transfer fund, his ‘own way -’ and Robins, while SL probably see’s him as easiest to work with, ain’t got the Championship promotion experience. 

Archived