IGNORED

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll

Dynamite Red

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll  

1413 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Michael Caine. Although his team put up a good performance in Escape to Victory, at the end of the match the entire team ran away, never to be seen again. You can’t run a football team like that. The player turnover during a full season would be horrendous 

But he would have done a great job Educating Lita

FFS- it's about the betting odds and nothing more- he could win every game remaining and still has no chance.

None whatsoever because despite opinions to the contrary- SL and his employee, Mark Ashton have somewhat different plans which involve a slightly better solution.

You wouldn't set up an amazing ski jump and get Eddie the Eagle as your main man just cos he didn't fall over.

Does anyone else have a feeling we're going to pass up the opportunity of getting a manager with proven experience of getting to the Prem and appoint another relative novice? :(

I wouldn't mind if we had an experienced DoF to guide them but I can't see that happening. 

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Does anyone else have a feeling we're going to pass up the opportunity of getting a manager with proven experience of getting to the Prem and appoint another relative novice? :(

I wouldn't mind if we had an experienced DoF to guide them but I can't see that happening. 

no

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Yes. I’m worried that a proven manager with a promotion to the prem on his cv won’t be happy with the power Ashton has at the gate. I’m worried that they’ll go for a less proven manager who is just grateful  for the opportunity and is therefore more of a yes man.

Just now, milo1111 said:

Yes. I’m worried that a proven manager with a promotion to the prem on his cv won’t be happy with the power Ashton has at the gate. I’m worried that they’ll go for a less proven manager who is just grateful  for the opportunity and is therefore more of a yes man.

That's my concern too milo. 

I may be paraphrasing but the statement said, "Dean Holden will take temporary charge while the club begin the process of searching for a new manager". 

This should indicate that he is not in the running, but if he goes on a winning run you have to think that anything is possible.

The board will know that the supporters will not be happy with Holden, but let's face it, it didn't stop them appointing Johnson.

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Two negative gits and counting

Just a concern MRR. I don't think we've ever been in such a position as we are at the mo and I just hope we don't blow it because of the 'model'. Will MA's ego allow someone undoubtedly successful into the building?

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

FFS- it's about the betting odds and nothing more- he could win every game remaining and still has no chance.

None whatsoever because despite opinions to the contrary- SL and his employee, Mark Ashton have somewhat different plans which involve a slightly better solution.

You wouldn't set up an amazing ski jump and get Eddie the Eagle as your main man just cos he didn't fall over.

I absolutely loved that moment he jumped and the commentator thought he had gone into the lead  only to be short by about 30 meters. 

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Two negative gits and counting

Seen it too many times. That’s the trouble. 

You can say in the past we weren’t an attractive proposition but that’s not the case now which is why I will be utterly deflated if we don’t appoint a been there, done it and got the tshirt manager. 

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Just a concern MRR. I don't think we've ever been in such a position as we are at the mo and I just hope we don't blow it because of the 'model'. Will MA's ego allow someone undoubtedly successful into the building?

I think you'll find that MA's ego is  irrelevant in appointing a new Manager- why do so many people feel that self made Billionaire SL is such a puppet of Lee Johnson ( oops- hang on) and now Mark Ashton's bitch?

Get real- SL is not going to carry passengers, and is not a fickin football tourist and will appoint whoever he thinks will give us a real chance of the Prem. He's not spent a few million on Bristol Sport he's spent over a £100 million and is not in the mood to save a few hundred thousand appointing a relative novice this time around unless there's a very good reason. The 'cheap option' is a negative fantasy of the non fan.

3 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

If Holden is odds on well. Dose anyone take any notice? 

Pullis was favourite Ryan Lowe was favourite,followed by the Newport chap.

I'm slapping 20 sheets on Prince Charles just to get him on the board.

If he takes it on he'll need to pass the Duchy on to someone else to look after.

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think you'll find that MA's ego is  irrelevant in appointing a new Manager- why do so many people feel that self made Billionaire SL is such a puppet of Lee Johnson ( oops- hang on) and now Mark Ashton's bitch?

Get real- SL is not going to carry passengers, and is not a fickin football tourist and will appoint whoever he thinks will give us a real chance of the Prem. He's not spent a few million on Bristol Sport he's spent over a £100 million and is not in the mood to save a few hundred thousand appointing a relative novice this time around unless there's a very good reason. The 'cheap option' is a negative fantasy of the non fan.

A little patronising MRR but I'll ignore that.

My understanding is that SL has the final yay / nay but MA makes a recommendation after the interview process. If that's correct, who's to say his recommendation won't be more of the same? It would appear MA has surrounded himself with his cohorts from Oxford thus far and I fear another LJ appointment / recommendation from MA. I'm not saying that would happen, just a concern.

I hope you're correct though. 

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

A little patronising MRR but I'll ignore that.

My understanding is that SL has the final yay / nay but MA makes a recommendation after the interview process. If that's correct, who's to say his recommendation won't be more of the same? It would appear MA has surrounded himself with his cohorts from Oxford thus far and I fear another LJ appointment / recommendation from MA. I'm not saying that would happen, just a concern.

I hope you're correct though. 

No need to hope!

Out of interest- could you specifically let me know which Oxford cohorts are surrounding Mark Ashton and what position of influence do they have?

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

No need to hope!

Out of interest- could you specifically let me know which Oxford cohorts are surrounding Mark Ashton and what position of influence do they have?

Have a look on the Mark Ashton thread MRR, that's where I read it. Things like this don't fill me ith confidence either...Bristol Live understands that's City's preference is for a coach, more than a old-style manager, who can work directly in player development, and not demand total control over other aspects of the club.

If you're after a row, I'm out as that isn't my style at all but you knock yourself out. I repeat, it's a 'concern', not fact, just a 'concern' and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

34 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Yes, I rarely bet but I’ve just bet on someone I hope doesn’t get it....in the hope it jinxed them.

11 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

When you hear MA use the term (something like) “we are trying to decide which sort of person we are looking” tells me they are narrowing down based on a type....and my gut (and a few whispers) tells me Ashton is focussing on a type of manager of an ilk similar to LJ in 2016.

If the person I’ve bet on gets it, MA will need to put some severe spin on it to give me belief he was the best choice.

I really thought we’d get a good man, we are at our most sellable, but I am really worried....and I’m pretty open minded (within reason).  People will vote with their season cards if MA picks certain managers.

I’m really hoping the whispers are just a case of not ruling anyone out but MA didn’t give me a warm feeling that we are going after the right man.

Remember SL is not a football expert.

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Have a look on the Mark Ashton thread MRR, that's where I read it. Things like this don't fill me ith confidence either...Bristol Live understands that's City's preference is for a coach, more than a old-style manager, who can work directly in player development, and not demand total control over other aspects of the club.

If you're after a row, I'm out as that isn't my style at all but you knock yourself out. I repeat, it's a 'concern', not fact, just a 'concern' and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

Not into a row. Just facts which seem to be replaced by wild speculation or agenda.

You made a claim and I'm genuinely interested in knowing who the cohorts that  MA has appointed and in what position-I follow every aspect of this club and don't know the answer. I also follow OTIB and am used to utter lies, speculation posted as fact, conspiracy theories and pure fantasy.   If you can't answer my simple question  then it's just a case of OTIB late night bullshit and doesn't read too well for you. Sorry if this appears patronising but I just love facts .

18 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Isn’t that the way all football is going anyway? Most top clubs work in this way now.

I don’t see the problem with it personally, our model hasn’t done us too badly the last 5 years. 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, I rarely bet but I’ve just bet on someone I hope doesn’t get it....in the hope it jinxed them.

When you hear MA use the term (something like) “we are trying to decide which sort of person we are looking” tells me they are narrowing down based on a type....and my gut (and a few whispers) tells me Ashton is focussing on a type of manager of an ilk similar to LJ in 2016.

If the person I’ve bet on gets it, MA will need to put some severe spin on it to give me belief he was the best choice.

I really thought we’d get a good man, we are at our most sellable, but I am really worried....and I’m pretty open minded (within reason).  People will vote with their season cards if MA picks certain managers.

I’m really hoping the whispers are just a case of not ruling anyone out but MA didn’t give me a warm feeling that we are going after the right man.

Remember SL is not a football expert.

I'm not sure how many Owners are. What I would say is that he's now been crucial to City for 25 years and perhaps is not exactly new to the game.

Since 2013, I'm not unhappy with our progress as a club and find it somewhat odd that so many believe that MA is this Machiavellian character that pulls the strings to promote his own career path and security whilst Steve and Maggie naively sit back and don't notice.

Steve is a details man and a control freak. No one ever becomes a billionaire by accident.... apart from Jon.

15 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Not into a row. Just facts which seem to be replaced by wild speculation or agenda.

You made a claim and I'm genuinely interested in knowing who the cohorts that  MA has appointed and in what position-I follow every aspect of this club and don't know the answer. I also follow OTIB and am used to utter lies, speculation posted as fact, conspiracy theories and pure fantasy.   If you can't answer my simple question  then it's just a case of OTIB late night bullshit and doesn't read too well for you. Sorry if this appears patronising but I just love facts .

I was just chatting, as most of us do, so let's leave things there. As for the 'wild speculation', 'agenda', 'bullshit' and 'doesn't read well for you' stuff, I thought you were better than that TBH.

I'm clearly not the only one with this CONCERN but if you want to carry on being plain obnoxious, you carry on. I just read a few things, on here admittedly, and it's why I mentioned it as a concern, not a 'claim'.

I clearly don't take this forum as seriously as you seem to so I will leave this thread to you. Serious stuff for me is looking after and providing for my family and keeping my medical robots working at this horrific time, not the new Manager / head coach at the club I support, that's an interest, not overly serious in the bigger picture. 

I will now desist and leave you to your 'tirade'. :)

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The British ability to shoot oneself in the foot never ceases to amaze me, so much though logic suggests that making Holden’s role permanent is not what we need, nothing would surprise me, short of finding out we had appointed either Klopp or Guardiola!

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I was just chatting, as most of us do, so let's leave things there. As for the 'wild speculation', 'agenda', 'bullshit' and 'doesn't read well for you' stuff, I thought you were better than that TBH.

I'm clearly not the only one with this CONCERN but if you want to carry on being plain obnoxious, you carry on. I just read a few things, on here admittedly, and it's why I mentioned it as a concern, not a 'claim'.

I clearly don't take this forum as seriously as you seem to so I will leave this thread to you. Serious stuff for me is looking after and providing for my family and keeping my medical robots working at this horrific time, not the new Manager / head coach at the club I support, that's an interest, not overly serious in the bigger picture. 

Tbh Ska Junkie I think your concern is not to be scoffed at. I think there are quite a few fans feel the same way, after all, looking at previous history it has happened before so could happen again. Obviously we all want City to push on and be more successful and the opportunity to do so is closer now than ever,  so getting an experienced manager/ coaching team is paramount imo

25 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

So the MA cohorts you quoted and was just utter bull crap.

Yep- best leave me to it- love the bit about providing for your family though- if indeed you do!

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So the MA cohorts you quoted and was just utter bull crap.

Yep- best leave me to it- love the bit about providing for your family though- if indeed you do!

Gotta say that's unnecessary.

Archived