IGNORED

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll

Dynamite Red

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll  

1413 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

Yes. I’m worried that a proven manager with a promotion to the prem on his cv won’t be happy with the power Ashton has at the gate. I’m worried that they’ll go for a less proven manager who is just grateful  for the opportunity and is therefore more of a yes man.

If you dont mind me asking, what is the level of Ashtons power at AG? Are you in the know? 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, I rarely bet but I’ve just bet on someone I hope doesn’t get it....in the hope it jinxed them.

When you hear MA use the term (something like) “we are trying to decide which sort of person we are looking” tells me they are narrowing down based on a type....and my gut (and a few whispers) tells me Ashton is focussing on a type of manager of an ilk similar to LJ in 2016.

If the person I’ve bet on gets it, MA will need to put some severe spin on it to give me belief he was the best choice.

I really thought we’d get a good man, we are at our most sellable, but I am really worried....and I’m pretty open minded (within reason).  People will vote with their season cards if MA picks certain managers.

I’m really hoping the whispers are just a case of not ruling anyone out but MA didn’t give me a warm feeling that we are going after the right man.

Remember SL is not a football expert.

Purely out of interest, what’s stopping you from just naming the manager? 

6 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Purely out of interest, what’s stopping you from just naming the manager? 

I might be wrong, but I have a feeling it's Robins.

Personally, I would be happy with him. He seems to play attractive football, he has just enjoyed success (yes, in League One), but possibly most importantly he is rumoured to be somebody that Lansdown likes and would possibly fit in with the club's policy. I don't think that the latter should be ignored, and he may very well be the best option that would.

Obviously I am in a minority, going by the opinions on here 

22 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

If you dont mind me asking, what is the level of Ashtons power at AG? Are you in the know? 

Im absolutely not ITK. There are a few that are that have given plenty of hints towards this being the case though. He clearly has a massive input on incomings and outgoings.

6 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I might be wrong, but I have a feeling it's Robins.

Personally, I would be happy with him. He seems to play attractive football, he has just enjoyed success (yes, in League One), but possibly most importantly he is rumoured to be somebody that Lansdown likes and would possibly fit in with the club's policy. I don't think that the latter should be ignored, and he may very well be the best option that would.

Obviously I am in a minority, going by the opinions on here 

If it is robins then this will be why. To me this would be so depressing. Another yes man who will give SL a daily update on everything that goes on rather than just being left and trusted to get on With it and judged on what we see on the pitch.

28 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

If it is robins then this will be why. To me this would be so depressing. Another yes man who will give SL a daily update on everything that goes on rather than just being left and trusted to get on With it and judged on what we see on the pitch.

To be fair from what (granted little) that I have seen of him, I don't think that he would be the archetypal 'yes man'. But he may very well agree to operate within the set up.

I'm not sure that other people's 'favourites' would.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, I rarely bet but I’ve just bet on someone I hope doesn’t get it....in the hope it jinxed them.

When you hear MA use the term (something like) “we are trying to decide which sort of person we are looking” tells me they are narrowing down based on a type....and my gut (and a few whispers) tells me Ashton is focussing on a type of manager of an ilk similar to LJ in 2016.

If the person I’ve bet on gets it, MA will need to put some severe spin on it to give me belief he was the best choice.

I really thought we’d get a good man, we are at our most sellable, but I am really worried....and I’m pretty open minded (within reason).  People will vote with their season cards if MA picks certain managers.

I’m really hoping the whispers are just a case of not ruling anyone out but MA didn’t give me a warm feeling that we are going after the right man.

Who have you put your money on @Davefevs?

8 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Clotet has left Birmingham 'with immediate effect' I see - wonder if this will mean competition for managerial appointments

Birmingham are a car crash of a club compared to City . 
We are a very attractive proposition and need to bring in a man capable of moving us up to the next level.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Unlike the great and good who contribute on OTIB, our knowledge and expertise is limitless.

In such times our collective wisdom needs to be harnessed no appointment should be made  until a thread lasting at least 90 pages have discussed the pros and cons of the new man and consensus reached.

Then and only then should we see white smoke billowing from Ashton Gate  to herald a new dawn of our quest to conquer all before us and dominate world football.

9 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Clotet has left Birmingham 'with immediate effect' I see - wonder if this will mean competition for managerial appointments

Birmingham fans aren't setting their sights high a lot of them think Robbie Fowler will be appointed or Lee Carsley will get the job. 

Birmingham may once have been an attractive job but its not well run imo. Constantly fighting relegation, money issues, a stadium that is half filled on the best of days, problems with the owners. 

Compare that to us. An owner who is willing to give managers a chance, a stadium that is majority full on a bad day, fighting for the play offs. I'd say we are the more attractive offer between us an Birmingham (no offence to any Birmingham fans reading this). 

Just now, Street red said:

Chris Hughton is still the stand out one from that list.. It's a no brainer and should be in the door by now ,But Mark Ashton and lansdown don't know what they want. 

It does seem totally obvious and yet I can envisage an appointment that ends up with everyone head scratching.................or Michael Appleton.

Archived