Who do you want as next City manager - Poll

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll  

1,413 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mick McCarthy with a team of Terry Connor as assistant manager bringing back Cole Skuse as first team coach, keeping Jamie Mac and Mike Stowell coming back as goalkeeping coach, could work

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

There was a 22 day gap between Cotterill being sacked and LJ being appointed.

Actually a longer period than I thought was the case & if repeated would mean this season was over before we make this appointment.

I’m really surprised at that and thought it was way quicker than that.  

I seem to remember someone at the club (SL?) saying nobody else was interviewed for the post, so that could have put the idea in my head that it was faster than it actually was.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Rule no1....don’t believe everything that Mark Ashton says.  The fact that SL says he wants someone in before the end of the season means they are acting now.  It wouldn’t surprise me to see an appointment early next week.

True, I don’t know whether Gregor was quoting someone for the club, or maybe just speculating.  I take your point if it was MA though. 🙂

It certainly sounded from SL’s piece today that they’re hoping to move quite quickly.  I would look on that as a positive, as we’d have more chance of getting in before rivals and hopefully, there’s less likelihood of an internal appointment.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

You didnt watch the game then or did you think that was an improvement .?

A slight improvement on the last game, against quite possibly the worst team  in the Championship.  We won by one goal,  its hardly a reason to be advocating Holdens appointment as full time manager?  Personally i will reserve my judgement until after the next 4 games, it would have to be in my opinion, a spectacular turn around in organisation and tactics, for him to even be considered as a potential manager.  For me, Holden is part of the problem, and not part of the solution.  He is a caretaker manager for 4 games, and I would imagine after that he will be thanked and given his P45.

On 09/07/2020 at 11:01, Phileas Fogg said:

That's quite rude, I think you should take that back. @Ska Junkie is a poster I've noticed for always being polite and respectful of others on here and doesn't deserve that.

On 09/07/2020 at 11:19, BigTone said:

Uncalled for I think

So - I call out what I consider as some fake MA news. I ask for confirmation and I don't get it. What I do get is stuff about importance of family etc.

WTF is that to do with just asking an anonymous poster ( we pretty much all are) being asked to back up wild claims?

If someone posts something as fact that they can't then back up then why is anything else they say fact?

And that's what I've taught my 15 children.

10 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So - I call out what I consider as some fake MA news. I ask for confirmation and I don't get it. What I do get is stuff about importance of family etc.

WTF is that to do with just asking an anonymous poster ( we pretty much all are) being asked to back up wild claims?

If someone posts something as fact that they can't then back up then why is anything else they say fact?

Read your post. Your personal jibe at the end was quite frankly obnoxious and pathetic.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You have every right to question something you don’t agree with - it’s a forum after all. 

But to question if he provides for his family? Is that really necessary by getting your point across?

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

Just read a story about John Terry leaving AV and eyeing up the City job

Story, you say? Or more uninformed speculative guesswork?

One of these 'stories' may end up coming true I suppose. Let's hope we all live happily ever after. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Story, you say? Or more uninformed speculative guesswork?

One of these 'stories' may end up coming true I suppose. Let's hope we all live happily ever after. 

Infinite monkeys and typewriters 🙄

• Like 2
On 09/07/2020 at 15:56, alexukhc said:

Mick McCarthy with a team of Terry Connor as assistant manager bringing back Cole Skuse as first team coach, keeping Jamie Mac and Mike Stowell coming back as goalkeeping coach, could work

Please don’t take this the wrong way, it’s a genuine question. 
What makes you think Cole Skuse would be a good 1st team coach? Has he taken his badges, if so to what level? Has he been coaching the kids at Ipswich to get experience? 
As said, genuine question, I honestly don’t know what his credentials are aside from being an ex-player. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Please don’t take this the wrong way, it’s a genuine question. 
What makes you think Cole Skuse would be a good 1st team coach? Has he taken his badges, if so to what level? Has he been coaching the kids at Ipswich to get experience? 
As said, genuine question, I honestly don’t know what his credentials are aside from being an ex-player. 

It’s because Skuse is a Yate boy I imagine and that is enough for some fan’s to warrant giving him a job.

Nothing against Skuse personally but to want him as 1st team coach with no experience at all is ludicrous.

• Like 4