Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll  

1,413 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I suspect SL will have learned from both the experience of LJ and the rugby.   He went for experienced proven coach for the rugby and I suspect he will do the same for the next appointment.   

17 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

More fun than you saying Chris Hughton is a labour member....like as if we give a ****. Didn't even need to be brought up.

Stop giving it airtime then.

Edited by Lez
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Happy to create a poll in the middle of the week if people want me to that reduces this list down to the most popular 3 - 5 choices, hopefully to establish the official OTIB preferred manager.

Wouldn't be surprised if by the middle of the week the appointment has been made. No info but just a feeling

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Wouldn't be surprised if by the middle of the week the appointment has been made. No info but just a feeling

Houghton’ for me but am I right in thinking no Ryan Lowe in the list even though The Post says he’s now evens favourite ? 

57 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Houghton’ for me but am I right in thinking no Ryan Lowe in the list even though The Post says he’s now evens favourite ? 

Forget the Post it's garbage, they first linked us with much hated Pulis. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SuperRed said:

I think you need to take your rose tinted glasses off when it comes to saleable assets in the squad, especially in the current climate. No way will we be getting anywhere near the £20 million + in player sales that has bankrolled our spending over the past couple of seasons. Johnson / Ashton cocked up. We had to invest that money well and we didn’t and now a new manager will have to try and form an unbalanced squad in to a promotion side. They will get a bit of money from the sales of Eliasson and Diedhiou but we won’t be in a very strong position to get great fees for them. The other players you mention will be really hard to shift unless we sale for peanuts. 

It wasn’t rose tinted at all. I mentioned clearly it isn’t the best season to be sellers. That said it is still a level playing field and the fees will reflect that across the world. Nowhere did I say we will make a large amount in the window. Just that we have players we will get decent fees for even if they aren’t what we are used to. The players in the final year I mentioned are just examples of maybe shifting wages. Not all of them obviously but even one leaving frees up a large chunk of wages to be put towards a free transfer or loan. I don’t think we are a team that needs 4-5 to have a chance for playoffs. We need a piece or two. 

Point is, this isn’t a complete rebuild with ageing journeyman from top to bottom. Anyone coming in will have enough to add 1-2 plus a loan or two if they need it. Its a relatively young squad with our oldest players being very experienced champ players in their late 20s. It is a good a situation that maybe people think is worse because the most recent decision maker wasn’t up to the job. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

After remembering this happened earlier on in the season, I am fully behind the appointment of Ryan Lowe. 

Would certainly get the crowd up for it and would be a pleasant change to see someone taking no shit in the dug outs.  Maybe he’d even toughen the team up! 

Edited by lenred
3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Obviously I’d like Chris houghton with us . He’s got two promotions from the championship , is very respected in the game and seems a top bloke. However, people who want exciting football would be disappointed . He got sacked from Brighton because of cautious/ negative football. 

But did his sides play negative football getting promoted from the Championship?

Not easy to play attacking fluid football in the top league with a limited squad at that level, and expect to stay up.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Nigel Clough has stated that he will be applying, said so on TalkSport this morning.

Bless.

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

Who is this Ryan Lowe fella? Never heard of him. I must do some homework.

Arhhhh yes.. well it's a no from me. Let him continue his good work at Argyle.

Edited by havanatopia
7 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

But did his sides play negative football getting promoted from the Championship?

Not easy to play attacking fluid football in the top league with a limited squad at that level, and expect to stay up.

You make a good point to be fair. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, fatchers said:

On recent performances I would think only Famara would bring any decent offers in.

Stats speak for themselves, Eliasson has the second highest amount of assists of in the league. 

• Like 1
Just now, krxs97 said:

I don't think Maccabi Tel-Aviv were paying the same sort of money as clubs in Qatar.

He is young enough to get another job in the middle east or China later in his career. I would imagine he would be very keen to build a better reputation for himself and have another crack at a respected league knowing he can always return in the future. 

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

After remembering this happened earlier on in the season, I am fully behind the appointment of Ryan Lowe. 

Marvellous.

"I'll f*****g have you in that shit grandstand".

Sign him up SL.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, krxs97 said:

I think we'll do well tempting Jokanovic away from his healthy paycheck in Qatar...

We would also need to compensate his club in Qatar for the remainder of his current contract. I’m unsure of his current salary but the compensation could be into the millions. This is before we even account for the salary he would need to come here. 

Edited by Coppello
1 hour ago, Coppello said:

We would also need to compensate his club in Qatar for the remainder of his current contract. I’m unsure of his current salary but the compensation could be into the millions. This is before we even account for the salary he would need to come here. 

I would imagine that ambitious managers who go to these middle eastern clubs would often have clauses written into their contract which would allow them to move if a European club comes calling. 

4 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Left field and I may get slaughtered but I wouldn't mind Sven-Goran Eriksson... Probably can't afford him though.

He is 72, why stop there maybe go for Giovanni Trapattoni at 81.