IGNORED

Thank you SL

Major Isewater

Just a ‘ thank you ‘ to SL for putting everyone out of their misery .

You are an honourable man and gave LJ everything he needed to do the job which finally was too big for him .

LJ gave his all and it is always sad to say ‘ goodbye ‘ and accept a failure .

We now need your positivity, bring into the club a head coach who can move us up , the best man available.

We will be right there with you supporting the club . 

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

I hate to say it. But this Has given me a lift. I couldn’t careless about anything LJ did recently. 

right up to the death he trotted out the sound bites people said he would verbatim. 

I think it’s the right call for all parties. I think SL has woken up to the fact that LJ has taken us as far as he can.

Be interesting to see where he turns up next, or if he turns up anywhere.

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I think it’s the right call for all parties. I think SL has woken up to the fact that LJ has taken us as far as he can.

Be interesting to see where he turns up next, or if he turns up anywhere.

He is still young for a manager, I'm sure he will have a decent career somewhere. 

Could be good for an ambitious L1 club. 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sacking the manager is an omission of failure on the part of the club.

Why do we have to be thankful for that? 

Did Lansdown not give Johnson everything he asked for? The club's in great shape off the pitch, no?

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Quite so. SL error and he prolonged it hoping  to be proven right. 

SL go rugby route and acknowledge that the cosyness has to go. Coaching team is worth more than a couple of 20k players ffs

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

Did Lansdown not give Johnson everything he asked for? The club's in great shape off the pitch, no?

Lansdown appointed him. Lansdown fired him. That is an omission of failure every day of the week. 

I will thank SL if he appoints an experienced manager that wins us promotion to the Premier League. If he appoints Michael Appleton the OP looks absurd (unless he won us promotion I suppose!).  

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Accepting failure in the first place is a difficult thing for some people

People rightfully refer to SLs success as a businessman but give him a clean slate on the football front He bangs on about sustainability but ignores how profit and progression happens Everyone knows that Hargreaves Lansdown would not recruit or tolerate such absolute litter so it's quite normal for people to question why substantiard recruitment happens in an area where SL clearly seeks publicity 

SL in massive credit but.... 

29 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Just a ‘ thank you ‘ to SL for putting everyone out of their misery .

You are an honourable man and gave LJ everything he needed to do the job which finally was too big for him .

LJ gave his all and it is always sad to say ‘ goodbye ‘ and accept a failure .

We now need your positivity, bring into the club a head coach who can move us up , the best man available.

We will be right there with you supporting the club . 

I think you have to give SL credit not only for pulling the trigger at the right time - but also for NOT pulling the trigger on previous occasions.

His decision to stick with Johnson in 16/17 was vindicated with a strong finish that year and continued progression ever since.

His faith in Johnson has been rewarded and he leaves us with the club well established in the Championship, with a good squad, which provides firm foundations for a successor.

28 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

He is still young for a manager, I'm sure he will have a decent career somewhere. 

Could be good for an ambitious L1 club. 

If I was the owner of an ambitious L1 club I’d beg Cotts to be my team manager - that’s his level and he’s superb in that division ... not sure LJ’s list of achievements guarantees him another job anytime soon, he hasn’t won a promotion yet despite managing three clubs in around 400 games ...

44 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Rubbish given the full backing of the club and the patience of the owner.

Extra technical staff, endless money on players, first class training facilities.

Johnson came up short because he wasn't quite good enough.

The club could not have been more supportive

Maybe SL didn't like to hear the news LJ wasn't happy about selling talent... this was clearly alluded to in the Sky interview.. yes you can blame injuries, you can blame the team you can blame the ref, you can blame the conditions.....

BUT YOU CANNOT BLAME THE HIERARCHY!!!!

Its about the only ballsy thing LJ has done in his time here and this IMO got him the chop..he could easily have gone 1 or 2 times in his spell,but did not push the blame in that direction those times.

Lets await the next yes man that the Landowns love.

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

Maybe SL didn't like to hear the news LJ wasn't happy about selling talent... this was clearly alluded to in the Sky interview.. yes you can blame injuries, you can blame the team you can blame the ref, you can blame the conditions.....

BUT YOU CANNOT BLAME THE HIERARCHY!!!!

Its about the only ballsy thing LJ has done in his time here and this IMO got him the chop..he could easily have gone 1 or 2 times in his spell,but did not push the blame in that direction those times.

Lets await the next yes man that the Landowns love.

I suspect LJ knew what was coming, he wouldn't have mentioned that otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I suspect LJ knew what was coming, he wouldn't have mentioned that otherwise.

Quite possibly, a dig without making himself unemployable

He should have gone ages ago, it has been abundantly clear in the whole time he has been here,the best results were when his hands were forced by injury, when he had a fully fit or nearly fully fit squad, all his choices in team selection and results were found sadly wanting.

He kept his job because he towed the party line.  We will not be hiring an opinionated manager with his own ideas, so I suspect the pool we will be fishing in for a new manager will more likely be a puddle

I think Cloughy said it best when talking about club owners and their footballing knowledge

11 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Extra technical staff, endless money on players, first class training facilities.

You are just proving my point. LJ wasn't good enough. 

53 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Lansdown appointed him. Lansdown fired him. That is an omission of failure every day of the week. 

I will thank SL if he appoints an experienced manager that wins us promotion to the Premier League. If he appoints Michael Appleton the OP looks absurd (unless he won us promotion I suppose!).  

I think this is correct and is the key. 
Good appointment at the time, improved us each year to become an established championship club, but correct to now move on. 
The key is, who comes in now? I won’t be thanking SL if he makes a shocking appointment (ie an Appleton). If that’s the case I’d much rather have stuck with LJ. 
No thanks from me yet until I see the next man. 

Barry - some of the extra technical staff you refer to, I know for a fact, some of them  are a laughing stock in football - that is direct knowledge from people working in the game. 

8 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think this is correct and is the key. 
Good appointment at the time, improved us each year to become an established championship club, but correct to now move on. 
The key is, who comes in now? I won’t be thanking SL if he makes a shocking appointment (ie an Appleton). If that’s the case I’d much rather have stuck with LJ. 
No thanks from me yet until I see the next man. 

Barry - some of the extra technical staff you refer to, I know for a fact, some of them  are a laughing stock in football - that is direct knowledge from people working in the game. 

Barry might also want to go and look at our "first class training facilities" - currently half-built!! 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Then every club and owner is therefore a failure. As most managers/head coach who leave the club are relieved of their duties. 

Unfortunately that is how football works

16 minutes ago, Harry said:

That may be the case but I would point out that they were Lee's choices and he was backed by the club

Archived