IGNORED

Time For Warnock

cityfan

Whether people like him or not, whether Steve Lansdown does or not, Warnock is the nearest thing to a guarantee of promotion.

He admires Lansdown from what he says, so give him the job. One thing is for sure. City will be robust, tough to break down and will fight for each other under his management. Ex players always have good things to say about Warnock.

City need him and he'd love the job.

23 minutes ago, cityfan said:

Whether people like him or not, whether Steve Lansdown does or not, Warnock is the nearest thing to a guarantee of promotion.

He admires Lansdown from what he says, so give him the job. One thing is for sure. City will be robust, tough to break down and will fight for each other under his management. Ex players always have good things to say about Warnock.

You had the choice of the Red or the Blue Tablet.........It would appear you made the wrong choice?

20 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

He's just taken over at Middlesbrough.

Not going to happen.

Only until the end of the season though. I think if he was offered the City job he’d be interested given what he’s said about us in the past and where he lives. I think Lansdown will be looking for a longer term appointment though i.e. someone who will take us up, keep us there, or at least if not take us up again (like the Burnley model).

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I like Warnock, if this happened 3 games ago I’d have him here for sure but as this season is a dead duck I don’t think he is the appropriate choice for building something and wouldn’t align with What the club wants long term.

Think what the club wants is promotion, and Warnock has a proven track record. Our long term plan ain't working - time for the maverick.

35 minutes ago, cityfan said:

Imagine lansdown hiring a manager who won’t be a yes man,nah I can’t either 

38 minutes ago, cityfan said:

We can look forward to watching worse football than we have already been subject too, sounds great 

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

And our plan of a pathway destroyed. No thanks.

I know people might say our current plan has not worked. But that's down to LJ imo much more than the plan being the wrong one.

We have numerous very good young players and Warnock would unlikely want to use them imo.

He’s brought academy through at other clubs.

At Sheffield Utd he halved his transfer budget to invest the other half in the academy.

26 minutes ago, BCFC-Tom said:

We can look forward to watching worse football than we have already been subject too, sounds great 

Probably behind closed doors again for next season so can always just turn off Robins TV after we go 1 nil up ?

All depends what the latest strategy is. Having sacked LJ, surely the strategy needs a review. Ultimately the change has been made because we aren’t getting closer to promotion, so does that mean promotion is the only real target? In which the next manager has to be someone who has achieved it... that rules a lot of people out... but not Hughton... and not Warnock. The thing with Warnock is that EVERYONE hates him.... other than the vary majority of players he’s managed and fans of those clubs. 
Here’s a further thought, if we want long term... bring in his old assistant, Keith Curle with him, to take over in a year or two. 

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s brought academy through at other clubs.

At Sheffield Utd he halved his transfer budget to invest the other half in the academy.

In the 90s! He hasn't brought a youth player through in nearly 20 years!

4 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

All depends what the latest strategy is. Having sacked LJ, surely the strategy needs a review. Ultimately the change has been made because we aren’t getting closer to promotion, so does that mean promotion is the only real target? In which the next manager has to be someone who has achieved it... that rules a lot of people out... but not Hughton... and not Warnock. The thing with Warnock is that EVERYONE hates him.... other than the vary majority of players he’s managed and fans of those clubs. 
Here’s a further thought, if we want long term... bring in his old assistant, Keith Curle with him, to take over in a year or two. 

I don’t hate him ...

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

I'll have a four pack of whatever you're on  Would love him for a season but not aligned with the set up surely 

I wouldn't want him, for many reasons, but I think you're dead right about him being the opposite of what our set up aspires to. 

Archived