IGNORED

LJ on radio Bristol today

DT The Optimist

20 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

I have been trying to see if he actually interviewed after today’s game ? Was he? I have been unable to find a link on the net. I am sure I have read he came up explanations on a thread somewhere. Did he have time for one last Media IV before he was relieved ?

He was interviewed on Radio Bristol, seemed quite upbeat

14 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

I have been trying to see if he actually interviewed after today’s game ? Was he? I have been unable to find a link on the net. I am sure I have read he came up explanations on a thread somewhere. Did he have time for one last Media IV before he was relieved ?

Yes, he was.  I listened to BBCRB.  There is no record of Twentyman Talks back archived yet on BBC Sounds app.

I made notes....no, this isn’t gonna be a bunch of Johnsonisms, although some may sound familiar

• Fine margins, mentioned a few times
  • we were a bit leggy
  • we were a better header / better final pass away from scoring
  • 2nd half created better opportunities 
  • poor goal to concede 
  • lacking quality and confidence
  • season fizzling out
  • cant chastise the players
  • but we’ve lost a lot of goals our of the squad (assume he means over a couple of seasons)
  • he made changes to increase our size, a bigger set-up with Benkovic on
  • we have a good squad with good players 
  • but currently not been good enough, (then laughing nervously) but we haven’t gelled
  • currently not good enough to challenge playoffs
  • never writing the season off, but not in our hands
  • keep fighting, pride “of the city”
  • he’s reflected, he’s honest, but doesn’t think he’d have done anything different since covid return 
  • disappointed

i didn’t get a feeling that he knew he was about to be sacked.

'There's no excuses' - Johnson's final BBC interview

Speaking to BBC Radio Bristol following the defeat by local rivals Cardiff - but before his sacking was announced - Johnson said he had "no excuses" for the recent run of losses.

"We've got a good squad here, some good players, but for whatever reason after the Covid-19 break we just haven't blended or gelled as we actually thought we would," he said.

"Obviously we have not been good enough over the course of the season, it's not just today and all we can do is set the tone moving forward.

"It's disappointing but no one is more disappointed than me."

Like any manager in this game I’m sure he has a exit strategy in place for when the inevitable happens 

I read some where he has a few properties he has invested in so he is hardly going to be going to the food bank on Monday 
if I were him I’d be putting my feet up for the summer and enjoying some family time 

I wish him luck and good health 

8 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Like any manager in this game I’m sure he has a exit strategy in place for when the inevitable happens 

I read some where he has a few properties he has invested in so he is hardly going to be going to the food bank on Monday 
if I were him I’d be putting my feet up for the summer and enjoying some family time 

I wish him luck and good health 

I tend to agree. I lost patience, but not sure how long his contract was to run for but I guess he will still be on the payroll for a rather long time. So the club will be paying him and eventually a new head coach, unless some severance package ?

Thanks for doing the right thing and let’s hope that’s the end of it to the current management team, get someone who is suitably qualified and has the right experience and has actually won something. But really someone who can keep the game F*UCKING SIMPLE!!!

20 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

In his defence, the pubs were open today mate!

He wouldn’t have got pissed very easily in Bedminster Dave, most were either closed or queues to get in or could only go in if booked a table!

We listened to his pre-match interview on the radio & he was all over the place -sounding defeated & couldn’t remember what changes he’d to the starting line up and why. The interviewer helped him out - he sounded like his mind was definitely elsewhere.

I’d suggest he came into this game knowing it could be his last of we lost.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, he was.  I listened to BBCRB.  There is no record of Twentyman Talks back archived yet on BBC Sounds app.

I made notes....no, this isn’t gonna be a bunch of Johnsonisms, although some may sound familiar

• Fine margins, mentioned a few times
  • we were a bit leggy
  • we were a better header / better final pass away from scoring
  • 2nd half created better opportunities 
  • poor goal to concede 
  • lacking quality and confidence
  • season fizzling out
  • cant chastise the players
  • but we’ve lost a lot of goals our of the squad (assume he means over a couple of seasons)
  • he made changes to increase our size, a bigger set-up with Benkovic on
  • we have a good squad with good players 
  • but currently not been good enough, (then laughing nervously) but we haven’t gelled
  • currently not good enough to challenge playoffs
  • never writing the season off, but not in our hands
  • keep fighting, pride “of the city”
  • he’s reflected, he’s honest, but doesn’t think he’d have done anything different since covid return 
  • disappointed

i didn’t get a feeling that he knew he was about to be sacked.

I'm just thankful that his reign fizzled out without any supporters being present.

Whilst acknowledging the achievements of LJ for stabilising us as a Championship club. It would have been a shame to have witnessed the crowd turning on him; in the way every manager goes through those death throes.

3 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I'm just thankful that his reign fizzled out without any supporters being present.

Whilst acknowledging the achievements of LJ for stabilising us as a Championship club. It would have been a shame to have witnessed the crowd turning on him; in the way every manager goes through those death throes.

It’s a fair point.

If today had no restrictions it would have been more than toxic.

3 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

He did come on Radio Bristol usual crap.

3 hours ago, Red Alert said:

We listened to his pre-match interview on the radio & he was all over the place -sounding defeated & couldn’t remember what changes he’d to the starting line up and why. The interviewer helped him out - he sounded like his mind was definitely elsewhere.

SL made Cotts do the pre match presser then texted him later to sack him.

I’m guessing that’s why LJ didn’t do it yesterday, not because he knew yesterday, but perhaps it was win or bust???

8 hours ago, Red Alert said:

Listened to the 'radio drizzle interview live & he was very,very flat - sounded punchdrunk to me... 

I thought at that moment "he's toast & he knows it already"...........

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

SL made Cotts do the pre match presser then texted him later to sack him.

I’m guessing that’s why LJ didn’t do it yesterday, not because he knew yesterday, but perhaps it was win or bust???

He really txtd Cotts to fire him...????....**** me sideways.

No excuses & that so worries me.

I know what kind of cowardly,, low 'shit does that.....

8 hours ago, NickJ said:

He wouldn’t have got pissed very easily in Bedminster Dave, most were either closed or queues to get in or could only go in if booked a table!

That’s why I stayed in, that and the fact I’ve got used to paying “home” prices!

8 hours ago, Red Alert said:

Agree and surprised at the other comments suggesting he didn't know what was coming. I was very critical of his Sky interview in another thread because of the self promotion of his 'preparation' and lack of answers, but on reflection obvious now he knew, the fact he seemed so at ease (spoke clearly, smiling) and that was his CV talking not him when he shared his diligence as a coach, plus the fact his answers were vague he clearly felt he was no longer under any pressure to provide any actual explanation. It looked like a weight had been lifted.

With no pre-match press conference in the week something had obviously been happening - and it did strike me even on the touchline that he knew what was coming, he had a calmness and resignation about him, but maybe that's just because of the number of misplaced passes he was watching.

44 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

He really txtd Cotts to fire him...????....**** me sideways.

No excuses & that so worries me.

I know what kind of cowardly,, low 'shit does that.....

Firing managers by text happens far more often than you’d think. If  SC was sacked by text he certainly wouldn’t have been the first and nor the last either.

9 hours ago, Red Alert said:

Didn’t sound ‘all over the place’ to me. Just that it was a must win game, which we all knew. 

32 minutes ago, Olé said:

Agree and surprised at the other comments suggesting he didn't know what was coming. I was very critical of his Sky interview in another thread because of the self promotion of his 'preparation' and lack of answers, but on reflection obvious now he knew, the fact he seemed so at ease (spoke clearly, smiling) and that was his CV talking not him when he shared his diligence as a coach, plus the fact his answers were vague he clearly felt he was no longer under any pressure to provide any actual explanation. It looked like a weight had been lifted.

With no pre-match press conference in the week something had obviously been happening - and it did strike me even on the touchline that he knew what was coming, he had a calmness and resignation about him, but maybe that's just because of the number of misplaced passes he was watching.

I felt it was coming yesterday, the performance & the outcome. 

So much so we made other plans - I couldn’t justify dedicating a Saturday afternoon to watching city. We just seemed so hopeless this year, especially after the restart - which was so disappointing given how sharp the squad looked in the training videos on Twitter.  @Shtanley nailed in the podcast when he said before restart we’ll probably lose the first 3 games then we’ll stop giving a toss. 

I usually start each game with a blank slate but couldn’t this time.

Missed the pre-match sky build up but make sense if he knows his going to talk himself up.

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Firing managers by text happens far more often than you’d think. If  SC was sacked by text he certainly wouldn’t have been the first and nor the last either.

Gus poyet was sacked by Mark Chapman during match of the day's coverage of the Confederations Cup. ??

2 hours ago, The Batman said:

Gus poyet was sacked by Mark Chapman during match of the day's coverage of the Confederations Cup. ??

Poyet is a good coach.  Laid foundations at Brighton having played a much more important role at Leeds as assistant to Denis Wise.  When Poyet left, Leeds fell apart.

Hot head though is an understatement ?

Archived