IGNORED

Where next for LJ?

westred1

30 minutes ago, westred1 said:

As per the title, where next for LJ?

The Birmingham job is vacant but will he jump into another Championship job? Will he take time out? Will he have to drop to League 1? Or maybe he’ll explore abroad?

'Estate Agent' fits his profile or bang average 'Football Manager' player on his PS4.

Would not be surprised if he ended up involved at a Premiership academy, he might not have been the most successful first team manager but he certainly has a reputation for developing younger players that I suspect would not have gone unnoticed on clubs looking to develop from within.

2 minutes ago, grifty said:

Which is it then?

I’ll clarify for you.  

I’ve got absolutely no interest in what club he gets, as long as we don’t still have to suffer his monotonous brand of football.  

Regardless of who he does get, I’ll still be looking to see if he can reproduce his same dire shit there too.

Hope that’s cleared up any confusion. ?

7 minutes ago, lenred said:

Fair enough. Suggests some pretty dodgy goings on though - maybe it’s just me! 

Yep. Dodgy could indeed be a word one could use. 

6 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Without askin LG you to disclose “too much”, what are your thoughts in the differences between LJ and the clubs view, any other players you could name?

Nothing to necessarily disclose that I haven’t posted on here loads before. Our recruitment is NOT LJ’s responsibility and the person who IS in charge is well-reknowned in the game for only using ‘certain’ agents. 

In terms of player names, I’d be confident in saying the likes of Engvall, Hegeler, Perreira, Djuric. Gieffer, Marinovic, Nagy, Palmer, Magnússon, Diony, Massengo, O’Neill, off the top of my head, likely more, were certainly not players LJ suggested or wanted. 

20 minutes ago, Harry said:

Nothing to necessarily disclose that I haven’t posted on here loads before. Our recruitment is NOT LJ’s responsibility and the person who IS in charge is well-reknowned in the game for only using ‘certain’ agents. 

In terms of player names, I’d be confident in saying the likes of Engvall, Hegeler, Perreira, Djuric. Gieffer, Marinovic, Nagy, Palmer, Magnússon, Diony, Massengo, O’Neill, off the top of my head, likely more, were certainly not players LJ suggested or wanted. 

Cheers, it’s really interesting. I guess any new guy will have to work within Ashtons criteria, unless they are big enough to change the set up and trump him?

I wish him well, although I think he’ll have to work his way back up or maybe he’ll get a job in the support staff for the likes of Man City,  Chelsea or Tottenham ? I would imagine punditry work might be his cup of tea in the short term. 

I wish him well, although I think he’ll have to work his way back up or maybe he’ll get a job in the support staff for the likes of Man City,  Chelsea or Tottenham ? I would imagine punditry work might be his cup of tea in the short term. 

The yanks are into his type of management i.e. data driven, so maybe the States (he's probably a bit ahead of his time in the UK on that front)?

Good luck Lee.

49 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Lots of disrespectful comments here.

You may not care, but the guy has been in charge here for 4.5 years and the majority of us are genuinely interested in where he goes next.

Personally, I reckon his reputation is pretty much intact. His next job will be at this level. And him having time up here shouldn’t change that.

If you don’t care - don’t comment. But also don’t kick a good man when he’s down.

You earn respect.

Ok, he cared, but that isn't enough. Nowhere near enough. 

Being given a job he never earned, just because he knew our owner, stank. And still stinks.

He then talked shite for 4.5 years, lacked any sort of honesty about the team's failures, instead made excuse after excuse , throwing all and sundry under the bus.

He can take credit for us escaping relegation - but how much? It wasn't him scoring that free kick at Fulham - one of the best free kicks a City player has ever scored. No, that was Lee Tomlin - remember him?? LEE TOMLIN - the bloke Lee Johnson was unable to manage. When managing was his job.

I'll remember him fondly for getting the best out of Bobby Reid for a few months. That's all.

Now good riddance.

Tonight I'm ecstatically happy we're rid of him

Why do some folk think he'll get a job at Championship level..or even more laughable at Premiership level....7 seasons in management and won nothing, just 2 top half finishes,  How many clubs want to spend £60+M and churn 70 players over 9 windows to stand still?  He may well be a nice chap but he's been given more time more money and more players than any manager has a right to expect and delivered very little. 

Massive fail from Lansdown again and his success rate of 1 in 7 (Dawe picked Cotts) is a real concern as he attempts once again to pick a winner.

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Why do some folk think he'll get a job at Championship level..or even more laughable at Premiership level....7 seasons in management and won nothing, just 2 top half finishes,  How many clubs want to spend £60+M and churn 70 players over 9 windows to stand still?  He may well be a nice chap but he's been given more time more money and more players than any manager has a right to expect and delivered very little. 

Massive fail from Lansdown again and his success rate of 1 in 7 (Dawe picked Cotts) is a real concern as he attempts once again to pick a winner.

How is it standing still? Just because we're in the same division its not standing still. We were facing relegation when he came in and gets sacked while in the top half of the table because its no longer good enough, its not standing still he raised the club to another level where this is now considered failure.

Just now, Wade Wilson said:

On my Football Manager saves as City he usually always ended up at Reading. 

Mind you in my last save he did well enough at Reading to end up at Villa. . . I think their virtual fans imploded. 

I would honestly love that just to watch their fan base implode, get relegated and end up appointing LJ

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t think he’ll walk into another championship club anytime soon, I could be wrong though. He’s managed three clubs in around 400 games now and he’s won nothing, zero promotions ... they won’t be queuing up ...

Nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

No relegations. Taken us from the bottom of the league to comfortable mid table. Cup semi final. Strong results against Prem teams. Strong coaching and improving when you look at Tammy, Brownhill, Reid, Bryan, Webster with good profits. We are in a lot better shape than when LJ joined. 

That's a solid championship CV for a man who's only 39.

If you're a lower championship team then you would be interested in LJ. 

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

I’ll clarify for you.  

I’ve got absolutely no interest in what club he gets, as long as we don’t still have to suffer his monotonous brand of football.  

Regardless of who he does get, I’ll still be looking to see if he can reproduce his same dire shit there too.

Hope that’s cleared up any confusion. ?

With you 100%

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

How is it standing still? Just because we're in the same division its not standing still. We were facing relegation when he came in and gets sacked while in the top half of the table because its no longer good enough, its not standing still he raised the club to another level where this is now considered failure.

He hasn't raised the club to another level - we're at the same level...... 60 mill 60 players and 4 years to move from 22nd to 12th. Even Lansdown's had enough. All the club's progress has been off the field , stadium infrastructure training ground but LJ hasn't kept pace on the field so that's why SL finally acted as he was holding us back. No amount of LJ's bullshit could mask that.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

If true and I have no reason to doubt you, I find this astonishing and in no small way incredibly hypocritical, by the powers that be, when you consider the "back story" to Cott's dismissal.

Archived