IGNORED

Where next for LJ?

westred1

You just know like Tomlin yesterday our paths will cross again in the future and we’ll pay the price. It’s been mentioned many times that he seems to be more respected at other championship clubs and I’d imagine he’d end up at one of them. So be careful those who are still attacking him after he’s gone as he could come back and bite us.

Middlesbrough seems a good bet as Warnock is there to keep them up playing his style of anti football, Steve Gibson is like SL in many ways and wants to be run sustainably. 

8 hours ago, redapple said:

I wish him well, although I think he’ll have to work his way back up or maybe he’ll get a job in the support staff for the likes of Man City,  Chelsea or Tottenham ? I would imagine punditry work might be his cup of tea in the short term. 

I wish him well, although I think he’ll have to work his way back up or maybe he’ll get a job in the support staff for the likes of Man City,  Chelsea or Tottenham ? I would imagine punditry work might be his cup of tea in the short term. 

So good you said it twice? ?

9 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Why do some folk think he'll get a job at Championship level..or even more laughable at Premiership level....7 seasons in management and won nothing, just 2 top half finishes,  How many clubs want to spend £60+M and churn 70 players over 9 windows to stand still?  He may well be a nice chap but he's been given more time more money and more players than any manager has a right to expect and delivered very little. 

Massive fail from Lansdown again and his success rate of 1 in 7 (Dawe picked Cotts) is a real concern as he attempts once again to pick a winner.

Wasn’t GJ a success? Got us promoted and did a lot better than Cotts when in the Championship.

10 hours ago, lenred said:

Fair enough. Suggests some pretty dodgy goings on though - maybe it’s just me! 

Given SL's standing in the business community I would expect he would stamp out dodgy or underhand dealings very quick.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Given SL's standing in the business community I would expect he would stamp out dodgy or underhand dealings very quick.

Well he appears to have sanctioned Mr Ashtons partiality to specific agents which cannot be in the best interests of the club as it limits the recruitment pool. 

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Lots of disrespectful comments here.

You may not care, but the guy has been in charge here for 4.5 years and the majority of us are genuinely interested in where he goes next.

Personally, I reckon his reputation is pretty much intact. His next job will be at this level. And him having time up here shouldn’t change that.

If you don’t care - don’t comment. But also don’t kick a good man when he’s down.

Well said 

It's ironic that City win at Cardiff to end colin's reign and now Cardiff win at City to end LJ's reign!

I think some people forget that there's a lot of decision making on player recruitment done by others and I know he has a say in it. I think he will attract offers from other clubs as I do think he, is no doubt, a very good coach.

The higher up the pyramid the more demanding and baggage the players have and I think it's that inability to man manage certain players has ultimately cost him his job.

I really liked him but his lack of experience at man managing higher calibre players has cost him.

I can't recall a City coach that has devided opinion as much as he has.

Everyone wants what is best for this club and I would've been more than happy that an ex player and fan of this club could have achieved it.

Unfortunately he lost his way and he may point to the transfers incoming and outgoing as a disruption but he bought into that and would have had a say in it. I think the club have to accept a little responsibility for that as the signings of Engvall, Marinovic & Diony were painfully poor and undercooked for all to see.

I think Barnsley fans warned us about him and I do think that those long winless runs go to highlight the flaws in his management skills which he seems unable to learn from.

Whether you like him or not we have certainly lost our identity on the pitch and that has been coming for some time.

47 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Wasn’t GJ a success? Got us promoted and did a lot better than Cotts when in the Championship.

. I assumed wrongly people would know what I meant by 1 in 7 fails.

1 in 7 ie GJ.  6 fails SOD, McInnes, Coppell, Tinnion, Millen, LJ*

Cotts was known by, chosen, and selected by Keith Dawe - SL obviously agreed to it but Dawe was the main driver,  

*according to your POV.  Obviously some think he did well and progressed us. I don't.

3 hours ago, Red Exile said:

I've woken this morning relieved that he's gone. At last!

Let's get a respected proven manager in, not another Lansdown 'project'.

What Lee Johnson does next doesn't interest me in the least. I'm amazed that so many others care...he latterly came across to me as charmless and entitled. Floundering, out of his depth. Glad to see the back of him.

Exactly my thoughts,  any regard for his limited abilities evaporated a long long time ago. Right decision. Move on.

He seems like a nice bloke and no one can doubt his passion for the club. However throughout his managerial career at Barnsley and Bristol city he has not actually acheived anything in terms of winning promotions or trophies.  Whilst on a personal level I hope he gets another job soon his CV is not that impressive. I don’t doubt that  he is a good technical coach but I don’t know if he has the motivational skills to get the best out of his players or make them run through a brick wall for him. Most top coaches have this attribute. 

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

Well he appears to have sanctioned Mr Ashtons partiality to specific agents which cannot be in the best interests of the club as it limits the recruitment pool. 

Maybe because he feels many agents partake in dodgy dealings.

11 hours ago, shelts said:

I do think he will be a success somewhere else and do a job in the Premiership . 

I could see you being right. Plenty of time as he’s still very young. I hope he takes a break first, learns lessons from his time here, and has success in the future. I’ll watch his career with interest, just like I’m sure he’ll watch City’s future with interest. 

1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

I think the players ability and suitability rather than the identity of his agent should be the determining factor. 

Agreed but these days the agents have an unhealthy amount of say in where their client goes and for how much

3 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Even after 4 years here, has he genuinely established himself as a Championship level manager? I'm not honestly sure he has.

That’s unfair. Almost 4 and a half years, year on year progression and not a huge threat of relegation. I’d say that’s pretty established.

3 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Even after 4 years here, has he genuinely established himself as a Championship level manager? I'm not honestly sure he has.

Surely he's an established championship manager as you've never been in danger of relegation but he's a mid table manager who can't take you to the next level 

4 hours ago, eardun said:

I could see you being right. Plenty of time as he’s still very young. I hope he takes a break first, learns lessons from his time here, and has success in the future. I’ll watch his career with interest, just like I’m sure he’ll watch City’s future with interest. 

I’m with you . Shame how it’s turned out but if he can’t learn from this he shouldn’t be a manager . Been told he will get the Fulham job if they don’t go up this season 

Archived