IGNORED

Where next for LJ?

westred1

16 hours ago, Leveller said:

Reading around various Championship forums, there is a considerable amount of surprise that we have sacked him. Many see us as expecting too much for a club of this size. Fans of several clubs would see him as an acceptable replacement for what they have now - including PNE fans who would take a straight swap!

Which thread?

On the "Who could replace Neil if he leaves?" thread, the comments are:

- Lee Johnson is available 

- no thanks

- Lee Johnson. .... then we might realise how lucky we currently are

- (Lee Johnson is available) and for a very good reason

-if this is the best on offer, I think I will stick with what we've got thanks. What a shit show of managerial names

Expect he'll take a bit of time out, then I can see him going somewhere in Europe for some reason. Just feels like the sort of thing he'd do.

But if he wants another championship job he won't be short of offers. Has got just as much on his CV as Monk/Rowett/Warburton who've had no problems getting repeated work, and plenty have wanted here at various times.

2 hours ago, shelts said:

I’m with you . Shame how it’s turned out but if he can’t learn from this he shouldn’t be a manager . Been told he will get the Fulham job if they don’t go up this season 

Wow. Really? I’d have a cheeky tenner that appointment would last 6 months tops. 

21 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Lots of disrespectful comments here.

You may not care, but the guy has been in charge here for 4.5 years and the majority of us are genuinely interested in where he goes next.

Personally, I reckon his reputation is pretty much intact. His next job will be at this level. And him having time up here shouldn’t change that.

If you don’t care - don’t comment. But also don’t kick a good man when he’s down.

Totally agree. Sadly some people comment on forums as if they are something entitled. Learning to give a bit of respect would serve these people well.

He's done a good job - but his time had run out.

If you pause and think....

He's moved us forward.
He's developed some young players who we have sold at good profit
He's given us some amazing nights and a very special cup run

The time was right, he needed to go but he will do well elsewhere.

He does however need to change his philosophy and mindset. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Though he would OFTEN change the side, (too often) the tactics were very one dimensional.

On 05/07/2020 at 00:30, shelts said:

It hasn’t worked out here , many other managers have failed somewhere and gone onto do good things in the game and I think LJ will do the same . He’s got things wrong this season and results and performances tell the story     but he will learn from that . He’s full of ideas and thinks outside of the box . 

We will have to wait and see, personally my view is that past history shows he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and has repeated them in other past seasons but you may as I said be right must say I admire your faith in him time will tell which one of us is right.

14 hours ago, pillred said:

We will have to wait and see, personally my view is that past history shows he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and has repeated them in other past seasons but you may as I said be right must say I admire your faith in him time will tell which one of us is right.

Gamble !! 

2 hours ago, Hare Island said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him take an assistant role at a top club. The Arteta route to the top. 

Not a bad shout although Arteta could play a bit so probably had the respect of the players under his charge, and could handle big egos.

Not so sure Johnson is in that mould at all.

3 hours ago, Hare Island said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him take an assistant role at a top club. The Arteta route to the top. 

This, just thinking the same. It would suit him too. Decent coach to be fair just not a manager, yet. 

I wish him well.

Archived