IGNORED

England squad at Euro 2021 - The time of the youngsters?

Lrrr

Just watching match of the day England has a plethora of young exciting talent going into Euro 2021, perhaps the postponement could work for us. Just to list a few off Sancho, Foden, Alexander-Arnold, Greenwood, Tammy, Gomez, Hudson-Odoi etc, we have a genuine crop of exciting young players all making an impact in top divisions

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Just watching match of the day England has a plethora of young exciting talent going into Euro 2021, perhaps the postponement could work for us. Just to list a few off Sancho, Foden, Alexander-Arnold, Greenwood, Tammy, Gomez, Hudson-Odoi etc, we have a genuine crop of exciting young players all making an impact in top divisions

The attacking options are so exciting, it will be a headache for Southgate over the next few years. Could do with a world class centre half and holding midfielder emerging and we will be real contenders to win a major tournament. 

4 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

The attacking options are so exciting, it will be a headache for Southgate over the next few years. Could do with a world class centre half and holding midfielder emerging and we will be real contenders to win a major tournament. 

If Rice can kick on and reach the next level he's 21

We have got some great attackers and good cover on the wings. Genuinely exciting players like Greenwood, Foden (he looks unbelievable), Sancho, Saka coming through plus all the seasoned lot like Kane, Rashford, TAA, Ox, Maddison. 

If we had a good CB and a Kante type player then I would back us to rule the world. But Maguire has been poor since WC'18 and Gomez got shown up the other night. Be interesting to see if Tomori is good enough. Henderson is OK but is he the top player we need in that position? So basically we are going to have to outscore the best to win things.

9 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

Literally just beat me to this!

Goalkeeper I think is England's weakness.

Trent is permanent RB. Wan-B as back up.

LB is a close one: Chilwell or Shaw.

CBs Maguire and Gomez. Not much depth (Keane/Stones?)

CMs Hendo, Rice

RF Sancho. Greenwood as back up.

LF Sterling. Saka as back up.

AM Foden with Alli, Mount and Maddison as options.

CF Kane. Rashford and Abraham as back up. 

It's a decent young team. GK, CB and CDM needs a bit better. 

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

If Rice can kick on and reach the next level he's 21

I’ve not really understood the hype with him yet and thought he has not looked ready when he has played for England but hopefully he comes through. A midfield 3 of Rice, Loftus-Cheek and Foden could be the future. 

18 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

I’ve not really understood the hype with him yet and thought he has not looked ready when he has played for England but hopefully he comes through. A midfield 3 of Rice, Loftus-Cheek and Foden could be the future. 

He's a decent standard prem player, but that's what I mean by kicking on to the next level, at present I don't think he'll be an England regular, will probably make squads consistently.

26 minutes ago, Super said:

Foden was sensational the other night. Really hope he gets a full season.

For everyone saying he'll replace David Silva, I think he'll replace Sane out wide and get 30+ league appearances next season. He's ready for it.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

CMs Hendo, Rice

Add Brandon Williams to the LBs, will be better than Chilwell and Shaw.

7 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

I’m wondering if Eric Dier will excel at Centre Back under a year of Mourinho. Always thought he looked far better suited there and quite limited for a midfielder. 

Not by the looks of Sheffield Utd game, Mousset goal especially

20 hours ago, mozo said:

CMs Hendo, Rice

I expect Ben White to progress next season and make the squad. Also really hope Kalvin Phillips does as well.  Wouldn’t surprise me if Ollie Watkins scores 15 top flight goals next season and if he does he will be in the frame.  Finally, outside one but Curtis Jones might make it if he gets enough game time. 

30 minutes ago, grifty said:

I could see Winks being that lynchpin between defence and midfield.

Imho one of those players who plays better for England than for his club.  Couldn’t see the fuss in a Spurs shirt...but in an England shirt very different.

1 hour ago, James54De said:

Rice has came on leaps and bounds this season in terms of his work on the ball. Against Chelsea during the week he looked so impressive, at captained West Ham so impressively for 21 years old. Hopefully he can fit into the England midfield well.

Read a rumour Lampsrd wanted to buy him for centre back? No idea if true but interesting...

Archived