IGNORED

Steve McClaren

ReliantRobin

I think all the signs are pointing towards Steve, I think the Dundee Utd link this week was very interesting timing juxtaposed with LJ being under pressure. Steve we know had a playing career at The Robins and an affinity with the club. Bill Beswick, sports psychologist who has had a long standing working relationship with Steve and has been around the club in recent times and of course there’s marquee signing, Nakhi Wells who Steve loaned with QPR and Nakhi spoke very fondly of him when they parted last year. Steve is still an excellent coach and better for his experiences and dreams of going back to the Premier League and Bristol City could be the vehicle!

19 minutes ago, eardun said:

No thanks. Hughton, McCarthy or wait to see if Dean Smith becomes available. 

I’ve really gone off Dean Smith.  He has become bitter, never accepts his team might have played worse than the opposition, and that’s without it being Villa.

At Brentford his team’s couldn’t defend.  Frank came in, got Pinnock and Jansson in the summer.  Massive difference.

Im not saying no, but I see better candidates out there.

17 hours ago, ReliantRobin said:

I think all the signs are pointing towards Steve, I think the Dundee Utd link this week was very interesting timing juxtaposed with LJ being under pressure. Steve we know had a playing career at The Robins and an affinity with the club. Bill Beswick, sports psychologist who has had a long standing working relationship with Steve and has been around the club in recent times and of course there’s marquee signing, Nakhi Wells who Steve loaned with QPR and Nakhi spoke very fondly of him when they parted last year. Steve is still an excellent coach and better for his experiences and dreams of going back to the Premier League and Bristol City could be the vehicle!

There’s a reason why nobody drives Robin Reliant’s anymore  - they were unreliable and prone to signal errors. 

17 hours ago, ReliantRobin said:

What is this “affinity” of which you speak? Steve McClaren played the same number of games for us as Kalifa Cisse (ie: not many; but bizarrely he scored exactly the same number of goals for us as Cissé too) - but I doubt Kalifa anxiously looks out for our scores after each game ... 

34 minutes ago, Langford Red said:

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Everywhere he has gone 

He has been awful

Except when he won the Dutch top division as manager of FC Twente, the first time they’d done that in their history, losing only two games all season, thereby taking them into the champions league? Ajax won their last 14 league games in a row that season but they still couldn’t pip Twente to the title - a very notable achievement ... I don’t think I’d want Steve as our manager but he was far from ‘awful’ during his stint in the Netherlands ...

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What is this “affinity” of which you speak? Steve McClaren played the same number of games for us as Kalifa Cisse (ie: not many; but bizarrely he scored exactly the same number of goals for us as Cissé too) - but I doubt Kalifa anxiously looks out for our scores after each game ... 

He probably watches the games. https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/cisse-returns-to-ashton-gate/

Archived