IGNORED

Did lee get sacked or did lee walk?

Coombsy

3 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Everyone saying Lee was sacked 

Did lee agree to leave ?

The club statement said he was relieved of his role which indicates he was pushed. Something tells me though that he knew it would happen if we didn't make the play offs. I think Lee will now follow his desire to manage abroad.

3 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Everyone saying Lee was sacked 

Did lee agree to leave ?

I think it would of been mutual. He new before the Cardiff match that a loss him leaving was inevitable. I reckon he all ready had is leased car valet on Friday ready to hand back. I hope he got a lift home from BS3.

Considering he had another three years on his contract, he’s probably been dismissed with a seven-figure payout.

I just hope there was a clause in his last contract protecting the club from a termination payment.

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

The club statement said he was relieved of his role which indicates he was pushed. Something tells me though that he knew it would happen if we didn't make the play offs. I think Lee will now follow his desire to manage abroad.

Guernsey ???

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Big Tone, it might be France. Poitou Charente. Have you got a club near you ???

40 minutes ago, City oz said:

I think it would of been mutual. He new before the Cardiff match that a loss him leaving was inevitable. I reckon he all ready had is leased car valet on Friday ready to hand back. I hope he got a lift home from BS3.

Had to as it was blocked in by Big Mick’s old Skoda Octavia with a filler patch on the front wing.

43 minutes ago, tin said:

Considering he had another three years on his contract, he’s probably been dismissed with a seven-figure payout.

I just hope there was a clause in his last contract protecting the club from a termination payment.

Oh dear. So, is it right the club has to pay him for another 3 years ? Or a massive one off severance payment?  If he gets another job i am guessing the payments would stop. This is again rather costly, and same possibly for the other two, JM & DH if they go ?

1 minute ago, DT The Optimist said:

Oh dear. So, is it right the club has to pay him for another 3 years ? Or a massive one off severance payment?  If he gets another job i am guessing the payments would stop. This is again rather costly, and same possibly for the other two, JM & DH if they go ?

It's likely the contract has terms in that cover this and limit compensation to something like one year.

6 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Depends what was in his contract. Hopefully the club put clauses in to terminate his contract if he wasn’t meeting pre-agreed targets, eg failure to make the play-offs. 

If there weren’t any clauses, the worst-case scenario is three years left of a four-year deal @ £600k pa = £1.8m payoff. Anywhere between that and a year’s salary seems plausible. 

14 minutes ago, Floatn Over said:

Had to as it was blocked in by Big Mick’s old Skoda Octavia with a filler patch on the front wing.

You sure it was not bobby Gould,s LADA from 1973. He did score on the opening match of the season at home to Bolton. Booby got a bonus that day and went up market he bought a Austin Morris 1300. No one wanted to get in the LADA and move it. ??

23 minutes ago, tin said:

Depends what was in his contract. Hopefully the club put clauses in to terminate his contract if he wasn’t meeting pre-agreed targets, eg failure to make the play-offs. 

If there weren’t any clauses, the worst-case scenario is three years left of a four-year deal @ £600k pa = £1.8m payoff. Anywhere between that and a year’s salary seems plausible. 

His sacking is going to be expensive not only from the compensation point of view but equally what it will take to bring on board the calibre of coach that SL believes will advance the club . 

No more four year contracts I imagine  .

I hope we get good money from player sales and still have enough for a new man to wheel and deal.

The talent is already at Ashton Gate there doesn’t seem to be any need to go overboard in the next transfer window.

Archived