IGNORED

Who do we NOT want

old_eastender

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Because?

Outstanding record at Championship level (not just won promotion but has won the league, twice), did an amazing job with no money at Ipswich (look at them since he left).

With Ireland he got them to a World Cup & has just got them to the Euros playoffs.

He may not get the job but his CV is ******* impressive & I would be very disappointed if we didn’t speak to him.

Ryan Lowe wouldn’t shock me, has won promotion in his last 2 seasons & seems more the sort that Ashton would want.

I’d have Mick here in a shot, myself.

Outstanding? All of that was about 20 years ago ! 

The blokes past it . One word, Ipswich.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Me too.

I stuck £10 on him last night. I think he'd come here as well. Hopefully if he's showing a real interest in coming here it might impress the board. And championship winner and international manager isn't something to turn down. 

35 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m surprised Sam Allardyce hasn’t appeared on both lists 

I mentioned Sam as an option a few hours ago. He would be ideal. He has so much experience at all levels.

1 minute ago, RedEyez said:

Ipswich.

Brilliant, well thought out reply.

In his last season there they finished 12th, one place below us, despite Mick having just £150k (!) to spend. 

After he left in the next season they finished bottom, 13 points from safety. 

Marcus Evans stopped giving their managers any money after the likes of Paul Jewell spent absolute fortunes on ageing, injury prone crap (like Pulis did with us).

I wonder how Ipswich fans feel now, they lost at home to the Gas in December, that’s how far they have fallen post Mick.

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Don't know if he's the right man or not but he certainly has my respect. He's as honest as the day is long, never passes up the hard questions and says it how it is. You won't get any newspeak from McCarthy. 

Exactly. In other words, he couldn’t be less like Ashton if he tried. Watching those two attempting to work in tandem would be entertaining in itself. Mr. Suited Silver-Tongued Corporate Bullshit versus Mr. Call A Spade A Spade No Nonsense. And I’d like to see somebody sell his best players from under his nose without his approval. That’d be fun. The first question is could you get him to take the job? The second would be how long would he last?

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Brilliant, well thought out reply.

In his last season there they finished 12th, one place below us, despite Mick having just £150k (!) to spend. 

After he left in the next season they finished bottom, 13 points from safety. 

Marcus Evans stopped giving their managers any money after the likes of Paul Jewell spent absolute fortunes on ageing, injury prone crap (like Pulis did with us).

I wonder how Ipswich fans feel now, they lost at home to the Gas in December, that’s how far they have fallen post Mick.

I’m so pleased for you that you would settle for mediocrity . Yawn.

13 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

“Past it”!

He has just taken Ireland to the Euro playoffs. Inheriting a total shambles from Martin O’Neill.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

“Past it”!

He has just taken Ireland to the Euro playoffs. Inheriting a total shambles from Martin O’Neill.

Did you see the group they were in? Wasn’t exactly difficult . Would’ve won that group if he was as good as you say he is

3 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Did you see the group they were in? Wasn’t exactly difficult . Would’ve won that group if he was as good as you say he is

You know what Switzerland’s world ranking is, then? Denmark’s?

I watched Ireland under O’Neill being outplayed by Wales & Northern Ireland.

Let’s just stop this, you are completely embarrassing yourself.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You know what Switzerland’s world ranking is, then? Denmark’s?

I watched Ireland under O’Neill being outplayed by Wales & Northern Ireland.

Let’s just stop this, you are completely embarrassing yourself.

Is that banter? It’s embarrassing that you have your tongue so far up “Micks” arsehole. No wonder you’re on first name terms. Donut.

18 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Exactly. In other words, he couldn’t be less like Ashton if he tried. Watching those two attempting to work in tandem would be entertaining in itself. Mr. Suited Silver-Tongued Corporate Bullshit versus Mr. Call A Spade A Spade No Nonsense. And I’d like to see somebody sell his best players from under his nose without his approval. That’d be fun. The first question is could you get him to take the job? The second would be how long would he last?

Who's been sold under the nose of the manager? Do you honestly believe we were going to keep Webster, Bryan, Reid, Kelly or Brownhill after clear Premiership interest? These players were going regardless and MA got good returns for all of them. McCarthy understands the real world and list some of his better players at Ipswich. It's the way of football. 

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Who's been sold under the nose of the manager? Do you honestly believe we were going to keep Webster, Bryan, Reid, Kelly or Brownhill after clear Premiership interest? These players were going regardless and MA got good returns for all of them. McCarthy understands the real world and list some of his better players at Ipswich. It's the way of football. 

There's nothing wrong with selling a few players it's making sure you replace them with quality which comes down to having a decent scouting network and a manager that knows what he wants and can attract those players 

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

McCarthy.

Yes we definitely don’t want a proven and experienced manager with two Championship promotions on his CV, perish the thought!

41 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Ipswich, who he kept competitive on a shoestring budget?

Ipswich, who were relegated as soon as he left?

That Ipswich?

No one who has not achieved promotion out of this league. That has to be the minimum requirement. Then knock of a few from that group - Pulis, Warnock, Allardyce. Doesn’t actually leave that many.

And I wouldn’t include Mick McCarthy on the “not wanted” list. I just agree with those who can’t see it working with Ashton!

1 hour ago, paul_fox said:

He'd be my number 1 choice. People probably see his age and think dinosaur because he doesn't splat out all the modern buzzwords. No nonsense, wealth of experience, respected 

and yet there is a clamour to have Warnock, I would be more than happy with Mick McCarthy, the pressers would go up a notch at least.

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

What does that mean? I achieved getting out of bed this morning does that qualify me?. 

Would you have had Farke before he joined Norwich?

to be honest,id never heard of him until he went there. he can do it though so with hindsight,yes.  

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

What the club that got relegated as soon as he left? That Ipswich, the one he kept competitive despite having about as much as a packet of toffos to spend, that Ipswich?

Archived