IGNORED

BAME candidates

Eddie Notgetinya

In light of the recent criticism of the lack of BAME coach’s in football we may find our club is thrust in to the media spotlight as we undergo the first recruitment process since this topic gained serious momentum last month. 

All that matters to us is that the club appoint the best candidate for the job (whatever their heritage) but let’s hope they take an overt equal opportunities approach to shortlisting so that we are viewed positively, and more importantly, contributing to positive change.

Couldn't care less about the colour of their skin, religious beliefs, sexuality, or anything else that puts anyone into a category. 

They need to be good enough to make Bristol City into Promotion candidates. If that means that the next manager/coach is 9ft tall homosexual who has green skin with purple hair, prays to a make belief god, or even a little troll that lives under a bridge (not Robbored), so long as the club goes in the right direction then I. Don't. Care.

4 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

In light of the recent criticism of the lack of BAME coach’s in football we may find our club is thrust in to the media spotlight as we undergo the first recruitment process since this topic gained serious momentum last month. 

All that matters to us is that the club appoint the best candidate for the job (whatever their heritage) but let’s hope they take an overt equal opportunities approach to shortlisting so that we are viewed positively, and more importantly, contributing to positive change.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to find Marvin Rees suddenly becoming very interested in what’s going on at BS3, if it’s confirmed Chris Hughton is in the running.’

I think it could get very interesting if CH didn’t then get the job.

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

Couldn't care less about the colour of their skin, religious beliefs, sexuality, or anything else that puts anyone into a category. 

They need to be good enough to make Bristol City into Promotion candidates. If that means that the next manager/coach is 9ft tall homosexual who has green skin with purple hair, prays to a make belief god, or even a little troll that lives under a bridge (not Robbored), so long as the club goes in the right direction then I. Don't. Care.

I notice you haven’t mentioned whether you would be happy with a female candidate. Misogynist :)

3 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to find Marvin Rees suddenly becoming very interested in what’s going on at BS3, if it’s confirmed Chris Hughton is in the running.’

Marvin leans towards the blue few

Keith Curle did an interesting interview on this subject the other day and didn’t feel that a lack of BAME Managers in the game was down to skin colour.

The game has come a long way and there are some excellent BAME players in the world today. 

If a candidate is good enough they should get the job. 

He didn’t think that the reasons that he was turned down for positions had anything to do with skin colour, and he is right in my opinion.

I think all this sort of thing adds pressure clubs do not need.

Let’s say city’s short list end up CH, Sol Campbell and Ryan Lowe but Lowe gets it - you can imagine the press all over this claiming all sorts when the actual truth may be that

CH asked for too much salary, transfer budget etc. 

Sol was just an arrogant dick as usual

Lowe was willing to work with any constraints and talked with confidence in being able to transform the current squad to attractive, winning style

In all seriousness who is out there that fits the BAME bill? Chris Hughton? No doubt. Darren Moore? Definitely. Chris Powell? Not sure his record is good enough. Keith Curle? Worth an interview. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink? Again, not the best record. Sol Campbell? It’s a no from me.

Anyone else? No guarantee that any of the above will even apply.

10 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I would, I’d be amazed, as I’m not sure he even knows where South Bristol is.

15 minutes ago, Taz said:

If that means that the next manager/coach is 9ft tall homosexual who has green skin with purple hair, prays to a make belief god, or even a little troll that lives under a bridge

Sorry Taz, I'm not applying 

3 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Keith Curle did an interesting interview on this subject the other day and didn’t feel that a lack of BAME Managers in the game was down to skin colour.

The game has come a long way and there are some excellent BAME players in the world today. 

He didn’t think that the reasons that he was turned down for positions had anything to do with skin colour, and he is right in my opinion.

Exactly. I can see a club soon appointing a BAME candidate and then struggling. They'll be too scared to sack him for fear of being labeled racist. 

If you're good enough you'll get a chance. 

6 minutes ago, Isawjonshaw said:

Marvin leans towards the blue few

Oh, I know he does, but what I was getting at is him kicking off if Chris Hughton had been in the frame, but didn’t get the gig and want to know why??

Could imagine him making a lot of noise.

Like everyone else on here I just want the best person for the job regardless of gender, skin colour, ethnicity, sexual preference or religion. I have no problem whatsoever with BAME candidates on the shortlist but am unsure if any of the UK based names mentioned thus far (including Hughton) fit the bill. But the problem of suitable BAME managers doesn't seem to be confined to the UK as I must admit I'm struggling to add candidates across Europe too, any ideas? We might need to head to South America to find a suitable BAME name. 

6 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Oh, I know he does, but what I was getting at is him kicking off if Chris Hughton had been in the frame, but didn’t get the gig and want to know why??

Could imagine him making a lot of noise.

personally, I can't see him getting involved.

22 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

You’ve certainly got more faith than I have then and hope you’re right 

I just feel he's opening more of a can of worms than he is already dealing with.  He's gas, why would he stick his nose into "our" business.  

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Total agree. The new boss can be from anywhere, worship anywhere and can be any shade from albino to blackest of black.

He could even be ex Gas as two of our best managers were Fred Ford and Terry Cooper who both came from Eastville to win things with City.

3 minutes ago, Isawjonshaw said:

I just feel he's opening more of a can of worms than he is already dealing with.  He's gas, why would he stick his nose into "our" business.  

Don’t think he’s bothered about controversy and in the current climate, I wouldn’t put it past him to jump on his soapbox. 

Just don’t like the bloke and I don’t think cans of worms would would put him off either tbh.

Time will tell I guess

34 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

How can you possibly say that?

Do you know who applies for jobs? Do you know the reason why applicants didn’t get the job?

Listen to what black people in the game are saying and try to see things from their perspective. 

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

Sounds like Keith Curle talks a lot of sense to me.

Btw, what is the record of Darren Moore? I do not recall him promoting anyone let alone to the Prem which, for me, is an absolute prerequisite and that is already over 4 years too late.

Archived