IGNORED

Budget for new Manager

Bourne End Red

Just wondering as there are a few on here clued you about our spending etc, will the new manager have a decent budget to get in players he wants.

Or are we at a point where we need to offload etc for FFP ie no money to spend.

This will have a big effect on who we can attract I would imagine....

4 minutes ago, Bourne End Red said:

Just wondering as there are a few on here clued you about our spending etc, will the new manager have a decent budget to get in players he wants.

Or are we at a point where we need to offload etc for FFP ie no money to spend.

This will have a big effect on who we can attract I would imagine....

think we'll be in the same boat as the majority of clubs tbh.....looking to cut back on spends thanks to Covid 19

From a ffp perspective we were in a decent place as Webster’s transfer was in this years accounts along with Brownhill, so purse strings may not be loose but I don’t think there’ll be be nothing to spend. Could be there’s a little plus whatever raised by selling players.

Budget isn't the problem.  Spending it wisely is.  We have ended up with an imbalanced and oversized squad.  We used more players in the first 2 games back than Wolves have used in the Premier League all season.

We just need someone with a clear approach who will take what we've got and work with it, getting rid of what he doesn't need and adding a couple of players (defensive midfielder).

Last thing we need to do is chuck money around at the moment. The smart managers look at the bigger picture.  They'll see the investment in the Ground and training facilities, they'll see the time given to Johnson, they'll see what's happened at the Rugby team and think, this lot are going places.  Stability allied with ambition.  

28 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

think we'll be in the same boat as the majority of clubs tbh.....looking to cut back on spends thanks to Covid 19

Likely accurate, coinciding with our largest wage to date.

Think we'll see a lot out the door and some promotion of youth.

Can see the likes of Hunt, Watkins, Paterson, Korey, Maenpaa, Baker, Rowe, possibly moving on. Two of those being near certain at this stage in respect of contract situations.

Our big advantage (in hindsight) are the loanees we had out from the club, this could give the likes of O'Leary, Moore, Walsh, Morrell, Szmodics, and Semenyo, roles to play.

Conversely I think we could see a trim to the youth teams - the likes of Baldwin, Bakinson, Hinds, and Pring leaving along others to that end.

Think most of any spending will be raised from the sales of Diedhiou and Eliasson, if Ashton can work his magic that could net us up to £12m, add in any fees we could get for others in, circa £4-5m, and they'd have a decent spending budget.

As it stands, the team, with those out-goings, would look something along the lines of:

GK - Bentley, O'Leary.

DR - Vyner*

DL - DaSilva, Rowe*.

DC - Kalas, Moore.

MR - Adelakun*, Weimann*.

ML - Jonny Smith*, O'Dowda.

CM - Nagy, Walsh*, Morrell, Massengo, Morton*.

AM - Szmodics, Palmer.

ST - Wells, Semenyo.

*marks those with 12 months left on their contracts.

Big task. Can see us signing players for every position depending on who the hierarchy decide to keep.

This is just a worst case scenario. 

I'd possibly, if I were the club and depending on costs, would consider extending Pereira and Benkovic's loans to cover some of the positions, if both are agreeable, or see if we can negotiate the formers fee down on basis of the lockdown, £2m rising to £3m could be a no-brainer.

Going to be a very interesting 3 months.

All in all, based on money made last season, I'd say we're around £5m in credit.

Archived