IGNORED

players ratings from saturdays match

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think that’s overall quite fair. 
I’d probably move DaSilva down to a 5 as well. And Ralls up to an 8 for them. 

Yep, sometimes I wonder whether they’ve even watched the match.

25 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Weimann lower than a 5 for me. 

Yes, he was our worst player yesterday.  Two poor games on the trot.  He is not effective as a Right Midfielder / Winger.

O’Dowda for all my criticism actually was ok yesterday, but still not the level we need.

Nagy worked hard, but looked tired.

Vyner suffered the “two games back to back having been in the wilderness” fatigue.  It’s tough to do that, and perhaps not unexpected that he was off the pace yesterday.  But he will benefit from that.

Baker our best player, Kalas decent.

Wells his best game since the covid restart, but still not really happening for him.  I really thought he’d scored a wonderful volley...what a save.

54 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Bit harsh on Nagy I think.

Not for me. 

He put the decent cross in for Wells’ chance but that aside he was distinctly average. 
Plus, he had absolutely no sense of defensive positional play. Look at their goal. 
He’s like a 7 year old who chases the ball everywhere. He runs toward our own player who’s gonna head the ball, even though we already have Smith and another midfielder in the vicinity. Once Afobe then loses the ball, there’s a huge hole in midfield for Tomlin to run into. Even then, when Afobe makes the poor touch, he doesn’t sense the danger and it’s only once Tomlin gets on the ball does Nagy realise he’s left a massive hole. At that point he tries running alongside, whereas any midfielder with a bit of nouse would’ve slid in and brought Tomlin down, taking a yellow card for team. 

It’s the type of midfield play that we became accustomed to in our last relegation from the champ - the holes in central midfield, players chasing the ball and having no positional awareness, players afraid to make a challenge that will get them a card. 

Whilst Afobe’s touch was terrible, Nagy’s initial positioning was awful, his delay in sensing danger was amateurish and his desire to take one for the team was non-existent. 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not for me. 

He put the decent cross in for Wells’ chance but that aside he was distinctly average. 
Plus, he had absolutely no sense of defensive positional play. Look at their goal. 
He’s like a 7 year old who chases the ball everywhere. He runs toward our own player who’s gonna head the ball, even though we already have Smith and another midfielder in the vicinity. Once Afobe then loses the ball, there’s a huge hole in midfield for Tomlin to run into. Even then, when Afobe makes the poor touch, he doesn’t sense the danger and it’s only once Tomlin gets on the ball does Nagy realise he’s left a massive hole. At that point he tries running alongside, whereas any midfielder with a bit of nouse would’ve slid in and brought Tomlin down, taking a yellow card for team. 

It’s the type of midfield play that we became accustomed to in our last relegation from the champ - the holes in central midfield, players chasing the ball and having no positional awareness, players afraid to make a challenge that will get them a card. 

Whilst Afobe’s touch was terrible, Nagy’s initial positioning was awful, his delay in sensing danger was amateurish and his desire to take one for the team was non-existent. 

He isnt Pack therefore he is the devil.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Bit harsh on Nagy I think.

Didn't the first half pass him by completely - certainly from an attacking point of view. Maybe when you play a two in the middle against a three, we just aren't going to be able to get him on the ball so much. Perked up a bit near the end though.

Bakes was outstanding. I’d give him a 9. If only he were more consistent and injury-free. 

Kalas and Maenpaa both sound 7’s. Wells and Fammy 6.  

The rest  4, excepting Vyner 3 and Weimann 2. 

As a team ‘unit’ we were hopeless (again), at best 3. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Not for me. 

Don't know what game you were watching. Was always getting himself into spaces, looking for the ball, received the ball from anywhere and wasn’t afraid to make a pass through the lines when he did. Problem is there was nobody in the hole to utilise this.

1 hour ago, Lez said:

He isnt Pack therefore he is the devil.

Not true. I just don’t think he’s better than Pack. I’d happily have someone like Grimes in this position, who is a better player than Pack. In fact, there are plenty that are better, but Nagy isn’t one of them. 

7 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Don't know what game you were watching. Was always getting himself into spaces, looking for the ball, received the ball from anywhere and wasn’t afraid to make a pass through the lines when he did. Problem is there was nobody in the hole to utilise this.

True that he’s not afraid to look for the ball, and true that he was the only one who managed any semblance of a forward pass. For that he probably gets a 6. But it’s his defensive capabilities, his part he played in their goal and his general ball-chasing with no positional awareness that brings him back down again. 

I made this very point on his home debut. I said that Brownhill would have a very disciplined role to play because Nagy goes chasing the ball everywhere, which meant Brownhill would need to be so much more switched on to cover his holes. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Not true. I just don’t think he’s better than Pack. I’d happily have someone like Grimes in this position, who is a better player than Pack. In fact, there are plenty that are better, but Nagy isn’t one of them. 

True that he’s not afraid to look for the ball, and true that he was the only one who managed any semblance of a forward pass. For that he probably gets a 6. But it’s his defensive capabilities, his part he played in their goal and his general ball-chasing with no positional awareness that brings him back down again. 

I made this very point on his home debut. I said that Brownhill would have a very disciplined role to play because Nagy goes chasing the ball everywhere, which meant Brownhill would need to be so much more switched on to cover his holes. 

He'll have to be played alongside a more defensive minded CM in a three I agree with you there. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

:laugh: Nagy a regular at international level who has played in Serie A, worse than Pack who has played for Cheltenham and Bristol city who is taken the piss out of by Cardiff fans. Give it a rest. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

How many games did brownhill and nagy actually play together.

1 minute ago, Lez said:

:laugh: Nagy a regular at international level who has played in Serie A, worse than Pack who has played for Cheltenham and Bristol city who is taken the piss out of by Cardiff fans. Give it a rest. 

image.gif.41013b990440e74507c1f11fc9856111.gif

Between Korey and Nagy was night and day for me.

One constantly demanded the ball, put himself about and spread the play, recovered the ball many more times than he lost it, and always had his head up to play us up the pitch.

Korey meanwhile was a passenger, fatigued, and far, far, too slow in moving the ball when we had chances to break or spread the play.

Like Korey, but injuries have taken their roll.

Only foot Nagy put wrong for me was not being aware to the danger of Tomlin for the goal. Much better since his reinclusion for good reason.

Id have given him a 7, without the error, an 8. The only good chances we had (Wells and DaSilva) both came through him.

4 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Between Korey and Nagy was night and day for me.

One constantly demanded the ball, put himself about and spread the play, recovered the ball many more times than he lost it, and always had his head up to play us up the pitch.

Korey meanwhile was a passenger, fatigued, and far, far, too slow in moving the ball when we had chances to break or spread the play.

Like Korey, but injuries have taken their roll.

Only foot Nagy put wrong for me was not being aware to the danger of Tomlin for the goal. Much better since his reinclusion for good reason.

Id have given him a 7, without the error, an 8. The only good chances we had (Wells and DaSilva) both came through him.

Both him and massengo should be better now.

30 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Personally I thought Nagy looked leggy yesterday, but still I thought he was a 6/10, certainly not lower.  He did ok against a physical midfield.  In fairness our head coaches tactic of bombing balls from Bentley down Morrison’s throat is hardly conducive to suiting our central midfield.

But he made the joint most passes and at an accuracy level higher than Vaulks, who I thought looked good.

F91177B3-47B3-4571-B0E9-ACFC99E08680.thumb.jpeg.c2fe133ab86055c9d7be06b8289585ee.jpeg

Just now, Davefevs said:

Personally I thought Nagy looked leggy yesterday, but still I thought he was a 6/10, certainly not lower.  He did ok against a physical midfield.  In fairness our head coaches tactic of bombing balls from Bentley down Morrison’s throat is hardly conducive to suiting our central midfield.

But he made the joint most passes and at an accuracy level higher than Vaulks, who I thought looked good.

F91177B3-47B3-4571-B0E9-ACFC99E08680.thumb.jpeg.c2fe133ab86055c9d7be06b8289585ee.jpeg

I agree he did look leggy but the stats here are good.

Unless your @Harry in which case its diabolical and Marlon "the wurzels must be laughing their heads off and glad to get rid of this total panic buy" Pack would be better.

1 minute ago, Lez said:

I agree he did look leggy but the stats here are good.

Unless your @Harry in which case its diabolical and Marlon "the wurzels must be laughing their heads off and glad to get rid of this total panic buy" Pack would be better.

As I replied to the other post, the passing stats are generally ok and he was the only one who made any semblance of a forward pass. 
But you continue to neglect the main thrust of my point - defensive positioning and awareness. He doesn’t have it. He’s headless. 
Instead you just continue with some bizarre argument that “some Cardiff fans don’t like him”. Well, he started 31 of their 41 games this season (missing 5 through injury), only recently replaced as the starter by Vaulks. Similar to here, ask 10 Cardiff fans their view on Pack, 4 will say he’s awful, 4 will say he’s good, the other 2 will say he’s decent. Forgive me for not taking as gospel the views of a few Cardiff fans who’ve probably seen him play mostly under a midfield-avoiding Warnock team whereas I’ve seen him play over 250 games. 

Just now, Harry said:

As I replied to the other post, the passing stats are generally ok and he was the only one who made any semblance of a forward pass. 
But you continue to neglect the main thrust of my point - defensive positioning and awareness. He doesn’t have it. He’s headless. 
Instead you just continue with some bizarre argument that “some Cardiff fans don’t like him”. Well, he started 31 of their 41 games this season (missing 5 through injury), only recently replaced as the starter by Vaulks. Similar to here, ask 10 Cardiff fans their view on Pack, 4 will say he’s awful, 4 will say he’s good, the other 2 will say he’s decent. Forgive me for not taking as gospel the views of a few Cardiff fans who’ve probably seen him play mostly under a midfield-avoiding Warnock team whereas I’ve seen him play over 250 games. 

What about this one:

"Pack in the summer should be sent packing. Nowhere near good enough for this level now". Or this: "what an awful buy".

I know you love your Marlon shrine but it's time to understand he just isnt good enough anymore.

57 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Bakes was outstanding. I’d give him a 9. If only he were more consistent and injury-free. 

Kalas and Maenpaa both sound 7’s. Wells and Fammy 6.  

The rest  4, excepting Vyner 3 and Weimann 2. 

As a team ‘unit’ we were hopeless (again), at best 3. 

What did Maenpaa do to deserve a 7?

I’ve always been a nahki wells fan , and I have followed him through his career . Now I know our style of play has not helped him massively through his time here , but he has been very poor in my opinion with his touch his awareness of space and dedication to keep the ball and even make a simple pass . 

Now I believe he has a lot to offer us in the long run , but at this moment of time he has been no better than anyone else in this squad who have been given a load of stick 

7 minutes ago, Lez said:

What about this one:

"Pack in the summer should be sent packing. Nowhere near good enough for this level now". Or this: "what an awful buy".

I know you love your Marlon shrine but it's time to understand he just isnt good enough anymore.

Ok. I’ll give you these, when he was injured earlier in the season :

”We’ll especially miss Pack. Gutted about that”. 
“Did you see the gaping hole left in midfield after Pack went off. It was unbearable”. 
“If Pack is out for a while, we’ve got a real problem”. 
“Oh my god, this means we have to make the awful choice of starting Vaulks or Bacuna”. 

See, polarised opinions. That’s the player he is. 

Just now, Harry said:

Ok. I’ll give you these, when he was injured earlier in the season :

”We’ll especially miss Pack. Gutted about that”. 
“Did you see the gaping hole left in midfield after Pack went off. It was unbearable”. 
“If Pack is out for a while, we’ve got a real problem”. 
“Oh my god, this means we have to make the awful choice of starting Vaulks or Bacuna”. 

See, polarised opinions. That’s the player he is. 

You havent provided polarising opinions.....you have provided old opinions. You even admit that yourself. 

Cardiff fans are literally taking the piss out of him. I appreciate it hurts, and I know you are bitter, but it's ok.

Archived