IGNORED

players ratings from saturdays match

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Not for me. 

He put the decent cross in for Wells’ chance but that aside he was distinctly average. 
Plus, he had absolutely no sense of defensive positional play. Look at their goal. 
He’s like a 7 year old who chases the ball everywhere. He runs toward our own player who’s gonna head the ball, even though we already have Smith and another midfielder in the vicinity. Once Afobe then loses the ball, there’s a huge hole in midfield for Tomlin to run into. Even then, when Afobe makes the poor touch, he doesn’t sense the danger and it’s only once Tomlin gets on the ball does Nagy realise he’s left a massive hole. At that point he tries running alongside, whereas any midfielder with a bit of nouse would’ve slid in and brought Tomlin down, taking a yellow card for team. 

It’s the type of midfield play that we became accustomed to in our last relegation from the champ - the holes in central midfield, players chasing the ball and having no positional awareness, players afraid to make a challenge that will get them a card. 

Whilst Afobe’s touch was terrible, Nagy’s initial positioning was awful, his delay in sensing danger was amateurish and his desire to take one for the team was non-existent. 

Can’t be trusted

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Personally I thought Nagy looked leggy yesterday, but still I thought he was a 6/10, certainly not lower.  He did ok against a physical midfield.  In fairness our head coaches tactic of bombing balls from Bentley down Morrison’s throat is hardly conducive to suiting our central midfield.

But he made the joint most passes and at an accuracy level higher than Vaulks, who I thought looked good.

F91177B3-47B3-4571-B0E9-ACFC99E08680.thumb.jpeg.c2fe133ab86055c9d7be06b8289585ee.jpeg

Barely played though, did look a bit leggy 2nd half but the only one who had any quality in the first half. I really think there is a far better player than Pack there if used correctly. 

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Personally I thought Nagy looked leggy yesterday, but still I thought he was a 6/10, certainly not lower.  He did ok against a physical midfield.  In fairness our head coaches tactic of bombing balls from Bentley down Morrison’s throat is hardly conducive to suiting our central midfield.

But he made the joint most passes and at an accuracy level higher than Vaulks, who I thought looked good.

F91177B3-47B3-4571-B0E9-ACFC99E08680.thumb.jpeg.c2fe133ab86055c9d7be06b8289585ee.jpeg

Barely played though, did look a bit leggy 2nd half but the only one who had any quality in the first half. I really think there is a far better player than Pack there if used correctly. 

Archived