IGNORED

Steven Gerrard

Bristolded1987

3 minutes ago, Bainsey said:

Could be absolute rubbish, of course...

Is that the likelihood of him getting the job, or how well he'd do if he did get it?

It's an interesting one this.

I've seen many suggesting that he's hardly puled up trees managing Rangers to second place in the Scottish 2 horse race.

However, his contemporary,  Frank Lampard, was judged to have failed at Derby, based on their fans' comments on the Derby forum, and especially given the advantage he was said to have been given with the Chelsea loanees ( oh that our head coach had 3 Chelsea loanees available last season!). However, Frank has gone on to be pretty successful with Chelsea and especially giving their younger players a chance.

Personally I think that Gerrard is biding his time in Scotland, waiting to go back to Liverpool - either as Klopp's replacement as and when, or else to be come part of their "boot room" , to be groomed to take over from Klopp eventually. Having said that, might he be tempted to try his luck in a properly competitive league and improve his CV massively with a promotion from possibly the toughest league in the world?

He needs to prove himself in England before going back to Liverpool, which must be his long term plan. Not a chance he can go from perennial runner up to Celtic to managing Liverpool. 

Not top of my list for City but preferable to Robins, Lowe, Cook.

7 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

He needs to prove himself in England before going back to Liverpool, which must be his long term plan. Not a chance he can go from perennial runner up to Celtic to managing Liverpool. 

Not top of my list for City but preferable to Robins, Lowe, Cook.

Robins and Lowe has done very little. Cook however has 3 title winning clubs on his cv 

23 minutes ago, Bainsey said:

Could be absolute rubbish, of course...

A transfer rumour site, with 100 followers, mainly Bristol City fans, with a rumour about Bristol City ?

Quick, let me check the incoming flights from Glasgow.

10 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Let's get him, he starts every sentence with erm... 

6 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Suspect this is nonsense but I hope it doesn’t happen.

Changing our name to Steven Gerrard’s Bristol City - no ta!

Correct title - Erm Stevie G's Bristol City.

Just now, Davefevs said:

A transfer rumour site, with 100 followers, mainly Bristol City fans, with a rumour about Bristol City ?

Quick, let me check the incoming flights from Glasgow.

...and the Avon Gorge Hotel Tartan Bar.

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Robins and Lowe has done very little. Cook however has 3 title winning clubs on his cv 

L2 twice and L1 though. And all clubs that you’d expect would be challenging if managed well. That don’t impress me much compared to McCarthy or Hughton.

Archived