IGNORED

Steven Gerrard

Bristolded1987

39 minutes ago, extonsred said:

Why would we want him? Done nothing! Not won anything.

Being a big name is not enough! 

Our experience of Big names is poor - Coppell, James, Williams. 

I could have seen the attraction 4 years ago as a player manger with an experienced assistant like Hoddle was here 

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A transfer rumour site, with 100 followers, mainly Bristol City fans, with a rumour about Bristol City ?

Quick, let me check the incoming flights from Glasgow.

Amazes me that people even refer to such nonsense, the milkman has more credibility and he has been redundant since 1990.

10 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

L2 twice and L1 though. And all clubs that you’d expect would be challenging if managed well. That don’t impress me much compared to McCarthy or Hughton.

Chesterfield ? And got them to the play offs the year we won the league. He can only win the league he’s managing in. Done a very good job at wigan . I’d be very happy with Hughton as well , although doesn’t play the most exciting football McCarthy plays drab football but is a very good manager at championship level. I’d be very happy if cook got it though. Perhaps he deserves a chance at a club with a decent budget for once . 

15 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

L2 twice and L1 though. And all clubs that you’d expect would be challenging if managed well. That don’t impress me much compared to McCarthy or Hughton.

Get you Shania!

I quite liked the last manager we appointed from Scotland, had been fairly successful up there, and also seemed a genuine bloke. Remember the incident with the minibus in Birmingham? However when he brought in a load of dud Scots to play in the team, he lost it. Richard Foster anyone?

As mentioned before in regards to LJ and playing in the SPL, no one is that impressed, just like managing the second best funded club to second place in a very lopsided league is hardly the greatest of achievements.

7 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Seems to be able to attract the big-name signings...

If it's big name signings you're after, look no further than Gordon Strachan. 

When he was Celtic boss he signed Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. 

9 minutes ago, glynriley said:

If it's big name signings you're after, look no further than Gordon Strachan. 

When he was Celtic boss he signed Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. 

That was some front 3.

12 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He'd still get into our midfield, defence or attack now.

Remember Carragher saying that Gerrard could have played in defence and would have been the best defender at the club. He could have played up front  and would have been the club's best striker.

As it was he was just a blindingly good midfielder - a great footballer.

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

More likely to get this "Gerard".

He loved the ... red team.

Peep Show | The Personality Database [PDB] | Television

It's not saying alot when  one of our managerial targets is one blocked sinus away from intensive care.. 

" The tube is up his nose, the tube is up his nose.." 

25 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Remember Carragher saying that Gerrard could have played in defence and would have been the best defender at the club. He could have played up front  and would have been the club's best striker.

As it was he was just a blindingly good midfielder - a great footballer.

In my view he is the best player of the premier league era

2 hours ago, extonsred said:

Why would we want him? Done nothing! Not won anything.

Being a big name is not enough! 

Our experience of Big names is poor - Coppell, James, Williams. 

Or why would he come to us.

What has he actually achieved?

Coming 2nd in a 2 horse race? I'm not sure we have much evidence he is a good manager, and trying to win promotion from the championship is a rather different prospect than managing rangers. If I was him I wouldn't come here. 

The mans got a terrific pedigree as a player and is doing a useful job in a two team league . I would’ve thought he’s picked up a fair bit of knowledge during his football playing days . It’s not a given that he would do well . Many great players have failed to become decent managers . If he was interested and SL wanted him I wouldn’t mind seeing him installed as our manager . Loads will disagree  

Reminds me of the style of that tall fella who recently lost his job at Boro.. Watergate or something. I think we should stick to the proven promotion experienced candidate from this league and not detract from it with the exception of a proven Bundesliga man.

Archived