IGNORED

Pub Watch!

Bristol Rob

Nah doesn't interest me at the moment.

Though we're staying with friends next weekend and there was talk of going to a pub/restaurant

I tried to suggest against it as I just think it's going to be a bit weird. Plus a group of 6 of us (3 households) wont be allowed at one table, so we may as well not be spending time together!

12 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Though we're staying with friends next weekend and there was talk of going to a pub/restaurant

I tried to suggest against it as I just think it's going to be a bit weird. Plus a group of 6 of us (3 households) wont be allowed at one table, so we may as well not be spending time together!

I am thinking or leaving it another 21/28 days, with some reporting saying that around 40% of people display no symptoms, you wonder just how long it will be until the R rate changes and we are back to another kickdown situation.

36 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Did you go to a pub this weekend, if so, how was it?

I am still thinking I'll leave it a few more weeks yet, there was something strangely nice about not going to the pub and it being my decision.

Didn't go, didn't have any intention of going, and plan on swerving it for weeks yet.

Just said on the general Covid thread that in my local at the mo - me, the wife and boy have come in for a meal. Really well organised, quite quiet - many staying away but names on the door and staff glad to be back.

This is in a suburb of North Yate. Happy to be here, feels safe and want to support them.

On the flip side, two pubs in the centre of Yate (shockingly, including the Spoons) had to close doors last night and kick people out. 

It’s all about being sensible. But if you want to go out, a decent pub will have the measures even if it can never be 100% safe.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s all about being sensible. But if you want to go out, a decent pub will have the measures even if it can never be 100% safe.

My local is anything but safe, sensible or measured!

There are, however pubs that meet this criteria not too far away, so i might book a midweek table for a meal in a week or two, as it would be nice to go out fora couple of hours.

5 hours ago, MarcusX said:

You’ll certainly be able to sit at the same table. 

I found it quite weird that there were people on tv eating and drinking like they hadn’t had a proper cooked meal in months, maybe they haven’t? They seemed to be sitting as a couple/family so not meeting up with other people as such and the bloke in particular was shovelling food into his mouth like he was starving. Can people really not cook a roast meal at home? Would certainly put me off sitting anywhere near that lot.

I am trying to understand that people wanted to get out, but their first outing to a pub, really? I guess I am finding it difficult to understand as I’ve worked all through and haven’t been locked down at all. 

43 minutes ago, RedM said:

I found it quite weird that there were people on tv eating and drinking like they hadn’t had a proper cooked meal in months, maybe they haven’t? They seemed to be sitting as a couple/family so not meeting up with other people as such and the bloke in particular was shovelling food into his mouth like he was starving. Can people really not cook a roast meal at home? Would certainly put me off sitting anywhere near that lot.

I am trying to understand that people wanted to get out, but their first outing to a pub, really? I guess I am finding it difficult to understand as I’ve worked all through and haven’t been locked down at all. 

My Wife isn't in great health so I am doing most of the cooking now. If anything we are eating better than before as I have time to experiment with different dishes.

19 hours ago, Slacker said:

Good point Tom.Do we have to book a table?

No but you might have to wait on the trampoline as the lad likes a bounce or two.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I think the last bit is probably the key here. If you consider the proportion of the population that have been furloughed, or like me, are now on permanent wfh, unless they’ve been going for runs/walks etc then they’re probably suffering from cabin fever.

I can understand the wanting to get out, and I’ve been doing running and working so god knows what some people who have just been off - sometimes with no partner/kids - have as their mental health at present

30 minutes ago, BigTone said:

My Wife isn't in great health so I am doing most of the cooking now. If anything we are eating better than before as I have time to experiment with different dishes.

We (the Royal 'we') have seen our diet improve beyond all recognition since lockdown.

With me and the Doris both working from home we are both more likely to be in at the same time, so eating at the same time has been a lot easier.

Add to that the panic buying that too place in the first couple of weeks, our shopping habits have changed massively.

3 visits a week to a local butchers, 1 or 2 visits to a green grocers for fresh produce and pretty much no waste, no spoiled food due to buying stuff we never had time to cook and no meals out and we have been saving a fortune, eating really well and feeling great on the back of it.

Previously one or the other of us would have ended up being out for dinner 3 or 4 times in the average week, throw in a weekend takeaway and maybe a pub lunch on a Sunday and it was quite easy for a very average diet to become the norm.

despite my previous post delighting at my improved diet, I do miss going out for breakfast on a Saturday morning still.

That said, EAT A PITTA reopened on Saturday!

Have been looking forward to that since lockdown. (Haven't been yet, it's only a couple of minutes away), because I still have fresh food here!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Especially as lot of pubs been doing take away food to survive themselves.  We've had some cracking take outs from a couple of the independent pubs here (Tim Martin can do one) - even down to getting take out pints to go with meal. 

Hopefully the most have got it out of their system over weekend anyway.  Some pubs seem to be more sensible that others - When I was in work on Sat evening I though the TF Bar had a good setup - only outside, tables are only for two hours and outside bar.  OK if its pissing down won't be the same but must reduce the virus transmission chances quite a bit.  I guess not all pubs have the luxury of space like the TF do..

Archived