IGNORED

Paul Cook?

I reckon we could do a lot worse than this man for a variety of reasons.

Achieved promotions with chesterfield, Pompey and Wigan so clearly knows how to organise teams and get them over the line.

is known for going on cup runs with his teams-remember Wigan beating Man City?

He has achieved miracles at wigan with a wage bill about a third of ours (C.£11m a year), also they always give us a really tough game and his team are on fire with 7 wins in a row and 1 goal conceded!

I like his passion (his voice has always gone in post match interviews) And think he’s a good motivator.

he should be relatively cheap and easy to get given Wigan’s issues at the moment?

anyone else agree?

I reckon we’ll look to avoid paying compensation- I might be wrong. If that’s not the case then he’s a really sensible candidate, realistic and less of a gamble than Lowe. 
Though, and this applies to many, will he get on with MA, SL and the plan? 
Despite the shift in job titles, I feel most British head coaches want to and expect to be managers. 

I know a coach that worked for him at Pompey and wasn't a fan. 

He's a bit of an old school type that shoots from the hip. 

I think he has too much of a disagreeable personality for SL. And he doesn't have the required proven experience to take us to the next level.

His CV is impressive though and his recruitment has been stellar. He could be the next Wilder. But not the man for us at this current time.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think he has too much of a disagreeable personality for SL. And he doesn't have the required proven experience to take us to the next level.

His CV is impressive though and his recruitment has been stellar. He could be the next Wilder. But not the man for us at this current time.

I know you started the other thread mentioning a experienced manager was needed and I totally agree. Do you see any truth in the Ryan Lowe rumours ? 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

@Kid in the Riot - Do you think we will get someone with the required proven experience to take us to the next level this time?

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He’s a leader and with a decent squad I think he can get us up. We don’t want another yes man that repeatedly gets turned over by Neil Harris/Warnock types surely?

unless we go down the continental route I don’t see much beyond cook or hughton that isn’t a risk?

who would u appoint then?

Just now, YGBjammy said:

Would definitely be happy if he was appointed. Pretty impressive record of success. I guess the only criticism could be that he's unproven in the championship? 

He’s done a great job with Wigan pal

I like Cook but I said on another thread that I felt he'd be too abrasive for the Bristol Sport brand and not quite statesmanlike enough when compared to the likes of Hughton or Jokanovic.  Not surprised to hear the comments regarding his old school nature as that's precisely what I'd expext.  I'd be seriously interested to see what he could do with a decent budget mind you although sometimes those factors don't mix all that well. 

The three names above would be my personal top three. 

30 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I know you started the other thread mentioning a experienced manager was needed and I totally agree. Do you see any truth in the Ryan Lowe rumours ? 

No.

29 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

@Kid in the Riot - Do you think we will get someone with the required proven experience to take us to the next level this time?

I think we will. 

24 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

He’s a leader and with a decent squad I think he can get us up. We don’t want another yes man that repeatedly gets turned over by Neil Harris/Warnock types surely?

unless we go down the continental route I don’t see much beyond cook or hughton that isn’t a risk?

who would u appoint then?

But SL doesn't choose managers that aren't yes men, or at the very least have agreeable personalities. 

I don't think we'll appoint a manager that hasn't worked in England before, either. 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No.

I think we will. 

But SL doesn't choose managers that aren't yes men, or at the very least have agreeable personalities. 

I don't think we'll appoint a manager that hasn't worked in England before, either. 

Hope you’re right, just don’t think Cook is the right fit. Personality, our location, his CV all wrong. 

Beginning to think that Quique Sanchez Flores and Jokanovic will be near the top of the list, possibly above Hughton. I’d be very happy with any of those three. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair comments but you did get it wrong with Cotterell's appointment ?

Archived