IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

1 minute ago, Barkhamred said:

There's a difference between being interested and being the person that the Lansdown's want or could agree terms with!

Exactly. No doubt he's interested, but it'll be on his terms as a starting point and compromise will likely be needed on both sides.

7 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Yep, you can just hear Mark Ashton saying ‘you wouldn’t believe some of the names who showed an interest, but we felt Dean was was the best fit and had the right DNA to taken the club to where we want to be’

I'm surprised MA's head is still on with the amount of 'spin' he puts on things at times. Depressingly, I could hear him saying it as I read it. :( 

200.gif

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Exactly. No doubt he's interested, but it'll be on his terms as a starting point and compromise will likely be needed on both sides.

There’s a lot of reasons to doubt his interest. According to sky CH has already turned down 5 champ teams this season. The fact that he’s come out saying he’s interested is a huge step in the right direction. 

I think appointing Hughton would be very well received by fans and players alike. There are no guarantees in football, but I don't think many would criticise Lansdown and co for this one and it could build an instantfeel good factor for next season...

...so it probably won't happen!

31 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'll be honest here, i liked the way Brighton set up when they were at our level and it would be quite refreshing to see a defensive set up that can actually defend rather than the 'after you' defence LJ set us up with. I don't think we're lacking the players, just a system setup that actually works! 

I agree, I was a bit perplexed by the comments relating to Hughton's "neagtive tactics" as from what I recall for two seasons under him Brighton could only be described as truly excellent in the championship. Its clear the "negative" stuff relates only to the premier league - maybe cross that bridge if we are lucky enough to be there?

CH record with BHA in 2 seasons 2015-2017

2015-2016 Played 46 - Won 24 Drawn 15 Lost 5 - GF 72 GA 42 GD +30 - Pts 89

2016-2017 Played 46 - Won 28 Drawn 9 Lost 9 - GF 74 GA 40 GD +34 - Pts 93

Total - Played 92 - Won 52 Drawn 24 Lost 16 - GF 146 GA 82 GD +64 - Pts 182

That is 1.97 PPG over 2 seasons conceeding less than a goal a game average, and scoring 70+ each season

They also quite often scored 3+ goals at home and had very decent home form

7 minutes ago, cityal said:

I agree, I was a bit perplexed by the comments relating to Hughton's "neagtive tactics" as from what I recall for two seasons under him Brighton could only be described as truly excellent in the championship. Its clear the "negative" stuff relates only to the premier league - maybe cross that bridge if we are lucky enough to be there?

CH record with BHA in 2 seasons 2015-2017

2015-2016 Played 46 - Won 24 Drawn 15 Lost 5 - GF 72 GA 42 GD +30 - Pts 89

2016-2017 Played 46 - Won 28 Drawn 9 Lost 9 - GF 74 GA 40 GD +34 - Pts 93

Total - Played 92 - Won 52 Drawn 24 Lost 16 - GF 146 GA 82 GD +64 - Pts 182

That is 1.97 PPG over 2 seasons conceeding less than a goal a game average, and scoring 70+ each season

They also quite often scored 3+ goals at home and had very decent home form

i reckon we could just about put up with that! ;)

• The title was changed to Chris Hughton (Merged)
3 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

SSN saying he has turned down 5 job offers from Championship sides but 'very excited' at prospect of the City job.

Shows how far we have come, despite everything that has happened recently.

Birmingham Cardiff and reading were 3 of those I believe.....none of these are particularly stable.

We are potentially the most stable club in the league, along with west Brom brentford.

6 minutes ago, Lez said:

Birmingham Cardiff and reading were 3 of those I believe.....none of these are particularly stable.

We are potentially the most stable club in the league, along with west Brom brentford.

Swap WBA for Preston and I'd agree. Maybe adding Swansea too.

*as most stable clubs in the league alongside ourselves.

9 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

SSN saying he has turned down 5 job offers from Championship sides but 'very excited' at prospect of the City job.

Shows how far we have come, despite everything that has happened recently.

Just looking at the teams that could’ve been and it ain’t saying much. Glad that he’s interested in us though. 

Archived