IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

46 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

I know, but the real question is : do they know, we know, they don't know. Or do they actually know and we don't know that they do know.

If we knew they know then we would all now know. If they knew we know they don't know maybe they would know not to say they know. 

There are always known knowns - things we know we know. There are also known unknowns - things we know we don’t know. Worst of all, there are unknown unknowns - things we don’t know we don’t know. All of these conditions exist simultaneously on the forum 

All this talk about exciting attacking football is a bit much I feel. Think about it. When we had that season a few years ago I think we fed off the energy more than the goals. I mean the intense closing down and not letting opposition get into any rhythm. We scored a good amount of goals as a result but I think our fanbase possibly appreciated the effort as much as the goals if that makes sense.

I saw similar qualities in that Brighton side that got promoted. Another thing about that side is I am not sure it was blessed with so much natural talent. It was a good squad but not full of stars like some of the teams now.

Could see our current team performing in a similar way if we got Hughton in. We are so used to seeing them in their current state. In and out of the starting XI, a winger this game a CM in the next, 442 this game 433 the next oh lets go 352 at HT. I believe we have more talent than we can see at the minute. 

17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

There are always known knowns - things we know we know. There are also known unknowns - things we know we don’t know. Worst of all, there are unknown unknowns - things we don’t know we don’t know. All of these conditions exist simultaneously on the forum 

... and then there are known gnomes, but he has left the building. 

Or chant wise the 'up the football league' chant, request it changed to 'Hughton is our king'..... I really hope someone's removed that chant going to be awkward as hell if 'Johnson is our king' rings out against Hull

42 minutes ago, Cardy said:

If as reported Chris Hughton is genuinely interested In the job why on earth would we even bother considering anyone else until we have at least spoken to him first?

Unless of course the Board / Owner are going to show the lack of ambition that they usually do & end up employing a cheap inexperienced ‘Yes’ man. Now is not the time for that in my opinion - infact you could argue that our stock has never been higher at the time of requiring a new manager.

I have (maybe wrongly) always considered our club to be somewhat of a ‘sleeping giant’ that has been unlucky not to get the breaks needed to get to the Premier League - particularly considering smaller clubs have ‘got lucky‘ & beaten us to it. 

However there comes a time when you begin to wonder whether the Owner really wants it enough or whether he is prepared to make his own luck & take the chance.

The next few days & weeks could be very telling in the future direction of this club & my interest levels in it. Our club is currently well regarded as a strong progressive media friendly Championship club with huge potential. We must now look to take advantage of this & push on to the next level. 

Pick up the phone Mr Lansdown & get it done.

Maybe we've already had that conversation Cardy, who knows? There's nothing coming out of the club suggesting anything after all. Hopefully, a discussion has already been had to see if we're in the same ballpark financially and things are moving apace. It might, by the same assumption, not be CH they're targeting.

I totally agree about the ambition.

33 minutes ago, hodge said:

Or chant wise the 'up the football league' chant, request it changed to 'Hughton is our king'..... I really hope someone's removed that chant going to be awkward as hell if 'Johnson is our king' rings out against Hull

Edit: deleted because I’m a plonker who forgot there are no fans in the stadia currently!

29 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Thank you Donald Rumsfeld - I didn't even know you were a supporter. You must have been an unknown unknown to me, but now that I know that I not sure I know what I know anymore...

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

I know, but the real question is : do they know, we know, they don't know. Or do they actually know and we don't know that they do know.

If we knew they know then we would all now know. If they knew we know they don't know maybe they would know not to say they know. 

Exactly 

1 hour ago, Bristolded1987 said:

I love how people who have been on here a while think they can have an opinion which they like . But someone who don’t post often doesn’t know anything ?

Well there’s lots of history of people coming out with a statement of fact on here that know the square route of **** all but like to be seen as ITK . I’m being presumptuous I know , but I’m guessing you’re another one. If I’m wrong then I will apologise. But seeing how he’s expressed a interest in the job , I’m presuming you’re just taking a punt. 

12 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Thank you Donald Rumsfeld - I didn't even know you were a supporter. You must have been an unknown unknown to me, but now that I know that I not sure I know what I know anymore...

To think there was a time when we used to think this guy and George W were just batshit crazy. Now in the US and here to a degree it’s become the norm

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Well there’s lots of history of people coming out with a statement of fact on here that know the square route of **** all but like to be seen as ITK . I’m being presumptuous I know , but I’m guessing you’re another one. If I’m wrong then I will apologise. But seeing how he’s expressed a interest in the job , I’m presuming you’re just taking a punt. 

I never said it was information I have received or definitive I know ! 

Its a gut feeling that the board wanting the vast man  and with him expressing his desire for the job , I believe we will act quickly on securing his signature 

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I wouldn’t worry to much on the evening post mate ?? They know as much as most of us do  here . And jump on stories to sale papers 

1 minute ago, Bristolded1987 said:

I never said it was information I have received or definitive I know ! 

Its a gut feeling that the board wanting the vast man  and with him expressing his desire for the job , I believe we will act quickly on securing his signature 

Ah well, perhaps you need to word it differently . By writing . He will be manager by the end of the week . You’re coming across as if you know for sure . 

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

The same Bristol Post that called our home ground ‘Aston Gate’ and called our team ‘Bistol City’ - I wouldn’t worry about the opinions of that inept mob too much mate ...

4 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

To think there was a time when we used to think this guy and George W were just batshit crazy. Now in the US and here to a degree it’s become the norm

Those were the days eh? Think Mr Trump has introduced a whole new level of batshit crazy. Mind you, he hasn't got involved in wars in the way that most of his predecessors did, which is a plus I guess.

3 minutes ago, Bristolded1987 said:

I wouldn’t worry to much on the evening post mate ?? They know as much as most of us do  here . And jump on stories to sale papers 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The same Bristol Post that called our home ground ‘Aston Gate’ and called our team ‘Bistol City’ - I wouldn’t worry about the opinions of that inept mob too much mate ...

Cheers chaps. ?

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

That article is full of supposition and subjection. 

I recon they have made most of that up.

They are certainly not in the know.

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Maybe we've already had that conversation Cardy, who knows? There's nothing coming out of the club suggesting anything after all. Hopefully, a discussion has already been had to see if we're in the same ballpark financially and things are moving apace. It might, by the same assumption, not be CH they're targeting.

I totally agree about the ambition.

Possibly because despite what people seem to think he's not the bloody messiah (or even a very naughty boy). He is a good manager but there are others who rate an interview too and I would hope we do not rush in and make another almighty blunder. At this stage we have no idea what his demands are. He might be the right man for the job but I wonder if he's appointed and it doesn't work out how many on here will swear they never wanted him in the first place. After all this forum is well known for its tolerance. 

9 minutes ago, Bristolded1987 said:

100%, they had Pulis as the favourite a day ago.

Gregor McGregor seems pleasant enough but none of them really know much about us at all.

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Possibly because despite what people seem to think he's not the bloody messiah (or even a very naughty boy). He is a good manager but there are others who rate an interview too and I would hope we do not rush in and make another almighty blunder. At this stage we have no idea what his demands are. He might be the right man for the job but I wonder if he's appointed and it doesn't work out how many on here will swear they never wanted him in the first place. After all this forum is well known for its tolerance. 

I agree with every word of that Royston. My point was, IF we were interested surely we would have sounded out the financial side before a meeting of any kind face to face, wouldn’t we?

I didn’t vote for him in the poll BTW but would be happy if it was CH.

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Although I don't think they know any inside details about this situation I do agree with the reasoning behind it. I generally think there will be some disappointed fans because I'm not sure we will appoint CH. Time will tell whether that's a good or bad idea but I don't feel we will drop the coach as opposed to manager and bringing youth through policy.

CH will expect to buy his own players regardless of age and he usually buys older ie. Glen Murray who did fantastic for him before. This I don't think fits into the transfer policy our club has adopted the last few years.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I agree with every word of that Royston. My point was, IF we were interested surely we would have sounded out the financial side before a meeting of any kind face to face, wouldn’t we?

I didn’t vote for him in the poll BTW but would be happy if it was CH.

Rather than financial issues, I could see our selling policy proving to be more of a stumbling block.  

If hypothetically we’re talking to him and saying we want you to take us up, but of course, we’ll be selling some our better players at the end of the season, we can anticipate that being quite a large stumbling block.

It’s something LJ was prepared to work with, but MA may need to be at his silver tongued best to sell that to the Chris Hughton’s of this world.

Archived