IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

21 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I recall City 0-4 Brighton in Feb 2016, where Brighton played some fantastic football

Yep tore us a new one. and then the 0-2 game as well with the Sidwell wonder goal, pretty sure they weren’t dull and uninspiring that night either! 

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He might be too expensive for us - particularly as our (and every other clubs) budget for the next few seasons is massively effected by the virus. What was he on in Brighton ? 750K? pure guess but probably in the right area. What was Johnson on?

Seen £500k mentioned on here by some very sensible respected posters

30 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

It’s gonna be a bloody cheap option aint it? The more Chris Hughton is making the sense, the less confident i am that the Lansdowns will get this right unfortunately...

I think SL has every intention on getting it right 

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I think SL has every intention on getting it right 

And he always does; why that is not blatantly obvious to everyone is mind boggling in its lunacy.

i.e. to even question his intention, time and time again, is beyond disingenuous.

52 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Exactly, I'd rather be in the Premier League with Brighton's 'problems' than pissing around in the lower leagues as per usual

That’s exactly it.... and there is a man available who’s done the required job before.... hopefully we’re going to get him. 

40 years without top flight football should be seen as embarrassing. We now have the infrastructure in place and need someone with the know how to grab the playing side of things by the scruff of the neck and get us to the next level. 

The other side to Chris Hughton is that players will respect him for his playing career. He played for Tottenham between 1979 to 1990. Won the FA Cup twice and the EUFA Cup. He also had two seasons at West Ham. He represented the Republic of Ireland 53 times. Now compare that to LJs career. Players with international experience can’t look down at CH because he’s done more than all of them put together. A man to be respected for his playing career and managerial career. 

3 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

The other side to Chris Hughton is that players will respect him for his playing career. He played for Tottenham between 1979 to 1990. Won the FA Cup twice and the EUFA Cup. He also had two seasons at West Ham. He represented the Republic of Ireland 53 times. Now compare that to LJs career. Players with international experience can’t look down at CH because he’s done more than all of them put together. A man to be respected for his playing career and managerial career. 

True but none of them will remember him playing. This has far more impact for players that the current squad will actually remember ie John Terry, Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard.

37 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He might be too expensive for us - particularly as our (and every other clubs) budget for the next few seasons is massively effected by the virus. What was he on in Brighton ? 750K? pure guess but probably in the right area. What was Johnson on?

£75.

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This feels like the time we tried to sign Dwight Gayle and Andre Grey in quick succession.

I thought that. Both news stories were broken by Sky Sports at the time too! 

Here's the highlights of their two most recent visits to Ashton Gate. 

47 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Around £600k salary. I'd have thought Hughton would want around double that, but that's a guess.

Rumour was we paid Coppell a £1m salary. 

We can afford Hughton, if we want him.

Is a Head coach / Manager's financial package part of FFP? If it isn't then it has to be Chris Hughton. If it is, then I think we have to settle for something less palatable i.e. Flynn etc, etc,. Which I would be very underwhelmed. 

It was reported that CH has already turned down 5 Championship jobs. If that is true or even partly true. Was it down to money or the potential of the new employers? If he has stated an interested in coming to City then as long as it isn't just down to money then we need to push the boat an nab him before another club with more financial clout nabs him.

Just now, supercidered said:

Is a Head coach / Manager's financial package part of FFP? If it isn't then it has to be Chris Hughton. If it is, then I think we have to settle for something less palatable i.e. Flynn etc, etc,. Which I would be very underwhelmed. 

It was reported that CH has already turned down 5 Championship jobs. If that is true or even partly true. Was it down to money or the potential of the new employers? If he has stated an interested in coming to City then as long as it isn't just down to money then we need to push the boat an nab him before another club with more financial clout nabs him.

I could be wrong as obviously I’ve never met the guy but someone like Hughton doesn’t seem like someone who’s prime motivation is cash.

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Around £600k salary. I'd have thought Hughton would want around double that, but that's a guess.

Rumour was we paid Coppell a £1m salary. 

We can afford Hughton, if we want him.

He may take a sensible salary but with a decent bonus if we reach play offs and more if we get promoted.

50 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

That’s  only one and half Tilson’s though, so not that big a deal for each year of his services.  We’ve actually taken what we’ve termed cheap punts on players and spent double that on the transfer fee alone.

Until we realise how important a good manager is to maximise the ability of our players, I fear we’ll never really progress.

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

for Chris Hughton to actively come out and say he's interested, and then for us to then turn our nose up at that, given his track record and experience, would be a huge mistake imo

I don't think there'll be any nose upwards going on. I think he'll be interviewed along with a couple of others.

Archived