IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

8 hours ago, fatchers said:

"Watching Hughton pick the same players and same formation every week in the second half of last season became something of a soul destroying experience"

We've got a Tombola available for them if they need it!

37 minutes ago, cityal said:

I agree, I was a bit perplexed by the comments relating to Hughton's "neagtive tactics" as from what I recall for two seasons under him Brighton could only be described as truly excellent in the championship. Its clear the "negative" stuff relates only to the premier league - maybe cross that bridge if we are lucky enough to be there?

CH record with BHA in 2 seasons 2015-2017

2015-2016 Played 46 - Won 24 Drawn 15 Lost 5 - GF 72 GA 42 GD +30 - Pts 89

2016-2017 Played 46 - Won 28 Drawn 9 Lost 9 - GF 74 GA 40 GD +34 - Pts 93

Total - Played 92 - Won 52 Drawn 24 Lost 16 - GF 146 GA 82 GD +64 - Pts 182

That is 1.97 PPG over 2 seasons conceeding less than a goal a game average, and scoring 70+ each season

They also quite often scored 3+ goals at home and had very decent home form

Yes, but where's the losing runs? We can't do without them.......

I have been told by Norwich fans he was defensive, I did think one calling him the Antichrist was a little overboard though. One of Sky's reporters saying he's interested.

1355733006_Screenshot2020-07-06at17_55_02.png.98de6936b567223b486d245ecd1e8642.png

and many supportive of him. I think there were good reasons to defend a little more when you're in the Prem BTW.

1939332889_Screenshot2020-07-06at17_50_36.png.9988b35ba35cdea7444762740f789fed.png100943300_Screenshot2020-07-06at17_51_46.png.5bb96cbb922923f865d28b31319937d7.png471753602_Screenshot2020-07-06at17_54_00.png.27f18276f93e9674fec2cd849f1efd0e.png

One worry is that Michael Flynn is new favourite at the bookies. I know there are no guarantees ,  but Hughton ticks so many boxes and surely the Lansdown's can see that. I do hope something happens soon though. Saw a Fulham fan wanting Parker sacked and Hughton in ?

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Indeed.

Their main gripes seem to be that his football is pragmatic at best (not just towards the end) and that he just won't promote youngsters.

But can't argue with the CV - I'd forgotten that he had a season at Birmingham and got them to 4th in the championship.

That could be a potential negative although I don't think the players that could be in the squad are that young anymore.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

"Watching Hughton pick the same players and same formation every week in the second half of last season became something of a soul destroying experience"

I'm not worried about the bad times we'll have towards the end, we'll get that with any manager. It's the good times beforehand that I'm interested in. 

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

It will be nice to see the same formation everyweek or at least know what the formation is ?

14 minutes ago, Street red said:

It will be nice to see the same formation everyweek or at least know what the formation is ?

Be good to know at least 6 /7 down the spine are certain starters for most of a season! Then you can bring in the younger ones to be nurtured without huge responsibilities. 

Always take these Sky stories with a pinch of salt. Remember, they work with SkyBet. Hughton was 3rd/4th favourite at one point, haven’t looked but I bet he’ll be odds on now.

If they know something, they’ll suspend the betting. If they want to encourage money being spent, they’ll release a story like this.

Would love it to be true though.

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Always take these Sky stories with a pinch of salt. Remember, they work with SkyBet. Hughton was 3rd/4th favourite at one point, haven’t looked but I bet he’ll be odds on now.

If they know something, they’ll suspend the betting. If they want to encourage money being spent, they’ll release a story like this.

Would love it to be true though.

Sky sold SkyBet years ago, have no ties now I believe 

11 minutes ago, Midred said:

Can anyone remember/speculate why he left Newcastle?  Was a surprise at the time as I recall.

Two words - Mike Ashley. Treated badly from the start and a ridiculous saga with Joe Kinnear. Eventually replaced with Pardew.

26 minutes ago, mozo said:
9 hours ago, fatchers said:

A good manager will learn from mistakes and experience. He's had 12 months to look back, reflect and think if only i'd........

Like to think this has made him a stronger manager.

His time out can only be to our benefit as he's had an opportunity to look at games, other teams and players with potential. All without the day to day pressures.

39 minutes ago, mozo said:

What I wouldn't give for that...

24 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

I'm glad he's said he's interested, but if he has only said that today then does that mean we haven't contacted him yet? ?

I assume this was part of an interview or discussion about something else and he was asked the question? If we had spoke to him he’s not likely to come out and say that yet

Archived