IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

54 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Says the bitter, jealous, League 1 Sunderland fan !

I give my unbiased opinion. Hughton did a good job at Newcastle but I think he's yesterday's man. Lee Bowyer, Joey Barton and Sol Campbell are all exciting young managers I'd be delighted to see replace Parkinson at The S.O.L.. I wouldn't be happy if we appointed Hughton, not that we're in a fit condition to attract any of those four right now. You're lucky to have a rich Bristol City supporter at the top. If he chooses Lee Bowyer over Chris Hughton he'll show he's a man of vision too.

1 minute ago, ROKERITE said:

I give my unbiased opinion. Hughton did a good job at Newcastle but I think he's yesterday's man. Lee Bowyer, Joey Barton and Sol Campbell are all exciting young managers I'd be delighted to see replace Parkinson at The S.O.L.. I wouldn't be happy if we appointed Hughton, not that we're in a fit condition to attract any of those four right now. You're lucky to have a rich Bristol City supporter at the top. If he chooses Lee Bowyer over Chris Hughton he'll show he's a man of vision too.

Sol Campbell or Chris Hughton. Hmmm now that is a tough decision ? .

@Davefevs

Just to add a bit more to the Mark Ashton boys club,

So Luke Werhun only ever employed by Mark 

Andrew Rolls, Head of Performance was at Watford the same time as Mark Ashton. 

Andrew Proctor Lead Physio - employed at oxford the same time as Mark Ashton 

Sam Stanton head of analysis - to be fair doesn’t look like he has had any involvement with Mark Ashton 

5 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

@Davefevs

Sam Stanton head of analysis - to be fair doesn’t look like he has had any involvement with Mark Ashton 

Reading this, started me thinking of Keyser Soze!

19 minutes ago, soultrader said:

The term Person (or Man, Woman or People) of colour is an American term.  Used to describe anyone not considered white.

The term coloured person was orginally equivalent to the terem Person of Colour, but due to its use in Southern USA, it became to be restricted to purely negroes and so became to be seen/used as a racial pejorative.

I doubt there is one single person in this country that uses the term coloured person in a derogatory way I was born in the 1950s and that is how someone of my generation and a few after mine grew up describing African Americans or West Indians there are so many things you can't seem to say now such as Eskimos I'm finding it hard to keep up with the things we not allowed to say and if I'm being honest here a little tiresome.  

Whatever terminology is used, what relevance is a person's skin colour anyway?

As long as people do continue to make reference to it, whether using the correct current "acceptable" word or not, racism will not go away.

Whether Hughton is a good choice for City or not, has absolutely zero to do with the colour of his skin, so why mention it at all?

5 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Whatever terminology is used, what relevance is a person's skin colour anyway?

As long as people do continue to make reference to it, whether using the correct current "acceptable" word or not, racism will not go away.

Whether Hughton is a good choice for City or not, has absolutely zero to do with the colour of his skin, so why mention it at all?

No one said it was

16 minutes ago, pillred said:

I doubt there is one single person in this country that uses the term coloured person in a derogatory way I was born in the 1950s and that is how someone of my generation and a few after mine grew up describing African Americans or West Indians there are so many things you can't seem to say now such as Eskimos I'm finding it hard to keep up with the things we not allowed to say and if I'm being honest here a little tiresome.  

I agree with you, it does seem to be ever changing.  But I think its a small effort to try to keep up, as I wouldn't want to unintentionally offend someone.

I'd want to be able to do that on my own terms ?

28 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

@Davefevs

It's entirely normal, if you know good people, to bring them with you. I work in a rapidly growing company that has been very successful, and part of its success has been recruiting good people with established track records. Easiest way to do this - poach people from where you've worked before. Pretty standard practice.

24 minutes ago, pillred said:

No offence, but it’s not up to you to decide whether something is derogatory or not to someone of a different race.

1 minute ago, EmissionImpossible said:

No offence, but it’s not up to you to decide whether something is derogatory or not to someone of a different race.

I didn't decide anything just pointed out that the term is not used deliberately in a derogatory way, only used in the main by someone who means no offence and is just ignorant of the latest way to describe someone who is not white, so it's you that's making the assumption not me (no offence). 

9 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

It's entirely normal, if you know good people, to bring them with you. I work in a rapidly growing company that has been very successful, and part of its success has been recruiting good people with established track records. Easiest way to do this - poach people from where you've worked before. Pretty standard practice.

So if Mark Ashton decides to bugger off at some point, he takes his whole team with him?

I don’t think that was the plan when this so-called project was created.  Continuity was supposed to be the plan and if a key person left, they would be replaced and everything would keep ticking over, not have the need for a complete rebuild.

6 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

So if Mark Ashton decides to bugger off at some point, he takes his whole team with him?

I don’t think that was the plan when this so-called project was created.  Continuity was supposed to be the plan and if a key person left, they would be replaced and everything would keep ticking over, not have the need for a complete rebuild.

This is easily negated through contracts. It’s standard to caveat employment contracts to avoid this scenario, and people will be sued for abusing this stipulation. 

It’s hard to recall a more pivotal moment in making the new appointment.

Whoever gets the job will outline the ambition of the club and what we can expect. 

Will we go for a lower league manager on the up, someone with little to no experience, another MA/SL vanity project or actually have the board learned something over the last few years and will aim high?

I’m expecting the best appointment in our history although something tells me it’s all going to be very underwhelming and disappointing.

Just now, Notbarrymanc said:

This is easily negated through contracts. It’s standard to caveat employment contracts to avoid this scenario, and people will be sued for abusing this stipulation. 

Great if that’s the case, though it doesn’t appear to have protected Oxford that well to be fair.

22 minutes ago, pillred said:

I didn't decide anything just pointed out that the term is not used deliberately in a derogatory way, only used in the main by someone who means no offence and is just ignorant of the latest way to describe someone who is not white, so it's you that's making the assumption not me (no offence). 

Ignorant is a good way to put it. But the latest way?? Maybe come out from under that rock.

Not used deliberately in a derogatory way...I see. Just ignorance and lack of empathy? 

35 minutes ago, pillred said:

People like EmissionImpossible  make me think of the very funny "Steve Hughes Offended"  sketch on youtube.  He writes of ignorance and lack of empathy yet shows no empathy in his replies.

The owners are chasing the Premier League money and by sacking Lee they have shown that becoming stale in mid-table side is not acceptable. Chris to me looks like the sensible/safe option. I can't say if his style of football is good or not but his record at Championship level is excellent and in fairness in the Prem his record is far from poor as well. If its promotion you're after then look no further... BCFC are going down the corporate route and I think Chris ticks that boss too, when you think of him the words highly professional and a little boring come to mind. In summary all the other contenders are all riskier options, the man would be a safe pair of hands its just a shame the similarities all this has with the Steve Coppell appointment.?

39 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

I don’t think we’d particularly miss any of them to be honest. Just go out and get replacements. Hopefully better ones

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

It is indeed.  Which is partly my point, to get the right appointment, they might want to change things.  If Hughton for example wants to bring in his own Recruitment guy, and Hughton is the right man, then you change your model.

The other point was indeed perceived nepotism.

5 hours ago, Hare Island said:

So we can either appoint a proven winner, also one of the most prominent BAME managers. Or Lee Bowyer.

Why the insistance on his skin colour?

Being a "BAME" manager should have no bearing on his appointment, certainly shouldnt be used as a reason for appointing him

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Why the insistance on his skin colour?

Being a "BAME" manager should have no bearing on his appointment, certainly shouldnt be used as a reason for appointing him

As a person of colour myself it would be nice to see a BAME manager in charge of city, personally don’t care who i offend in saying that i am just speaking from the heart on the matter. Im sure i speak on behalf of all other City fan’s of colour aswell.. It would be a good boundary to break for the club IMO.

12 minutes ago, bris red said:

As a person of colour myself it would be nice to see a BAME manager in charge of city, personally don’t care who i offend in saying that i am just speaking from the heart on the matter. Im sure i speak on behalf of all other City fan’s of colour aswell.. It would be a good boundary to break for the club IMO.

Agree it would be good but only if the persons qualified to do the job , which ch certainly is .

13 minutes ago, bris red said:

I would like to see him appointed manager purely on his CV.

I agree it would be a good boundary to break.   But I think he would get the job on his merits alone.  Not because of the colour of his skin

Archived