IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Agreed, I see the squad like a fruit tree that has been growing really big and really fast. In many ways it 's everything you'd want in a fruit tree, but branches start shooting off in wild directions, it's big and green and it looks great, but it isn't beautiful, it doesn't produce great fruit. We need a new gardener to come in and take that tree, prune it where it needs it, water it, care for it, and craft it into a tree that not only looks great but also produces great fruit.

Oh, and seagulls follow trawlers fyi.

A lady gardner ?

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I think "coloured" denotes more ignorant times, and was a term white folks used to describe black folks. It was a way of saying black people were tainted, or stained almost, in some way. Not quite right/as pure as us white folks. Like yer sheets not being whiter than white.

"People of colour" came after, I believe, from the US, and was deemed more respectful for a time, but was actually in the Oxford English dictionary in the late 1700s (so, probably a bit dodgy originally), and not without controversy now (yes, it's a minefield). I don't believe it is universally popular with black people. "People of colour" is a bit of a talking point in the US currently.

I think most black people prefer to be called "black" if necessary, and many are not happy with "people of colour." 

Thanks @Moments of Pleasure

On 06/07/2020 at 19:32, Grey Fox said:

Never can forgive him for “that” match in Cardiff, no strikers on the bench despite a young lad called Lita in the squad grrrrrr

That was when SL stuck his beak into team affairs.  Lots went on behind closed doors at AG in those days.

8 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I think "coloured" denotes more ignorant times, and was a term white folks used to describe black folks. It was a way of saying black people were tainted, or stained almost, in some way. Not quite right/as pure as us white folks. Like yer sheets not being whiter than white.

"People of colour" came after, I believe, from the US, and was deemed more respectful for a time, but was actually in the Oxford English dictionary in the late 1700s (so, probably a bit dodgy originally), and not without controversy now (yes, it's a minefield). I don't believe it is universally popular with black people. "People of colour" is a bit of a talking point in the US currently.

I think most black people prefer to be called "black" if necessary, and many are not happy with "people of colour." 

Or, everyone could just call him Chris Hughton.

Seems easy enough to me.

19 hours ago, bris red said:

As a person of colour myself it would be nice to see a BAME manager in charge of city, personally don’t care who i offend in saying that i am just speaking from the heart on the matter. Im sure i speak on behalf of all other City fan’s of colour aswell.. It would be a good boundary to break for the club IMO.

Sorry if it came across wrong, I wasn't suggesting I dont want to I just thought from an equality perspective it shouldn't be a reason someone is considered?

I want the right manager, not one that ticks a box - and I honesly mean that respectfully

I'd love us to appoint Hughton, because I think he's the best man for the job (realistically) 

19 hours ago, bris red said:

As a person of colour myself it would be nice to see a BAME manager in charge of city, personally don’t care who i offend in saying that i am just speaking from the heart on the matter. Im sure i speak on behalf of all other City fan’s of colour aswell.. It would be a good boundary to break for the club IMO.

Of the realistic BAME candidates I would take Chris Hughton right here, right now, no interviews.

Mick McCarthy and TERRY CONNOR (you can't have one without the other) - would be happy with those two.

Darren Moore.......wouldn't be doing cartwheels nor slitting my wrists.

Chris Powell - would be a bit underwhelming.

Sol Campbell - not for me.

23 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Of the realistic BAME candidates I would take Chris Hughton right here, right now, no interviews.

Mick McCarthy and TERRY CONNOR (you can't have one without the other) - would be happy with those two.

Darren Moore.......wouldn't be doing cartwheels nor slitting my wrists.

Chris Powell - would be a bit underwhelming.

Sol Campbell - not for me.

Terry Connor, big connections here, maybe could encourage big Mick

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Does Houghton use the same coaching team? Does he take them with him?

Will BCFC insist on the new Coach working with the present set up of coaches etc?

You’d hope that Hughton would insist on his own. 

On 08/07/2020 at 18:18, Moments of Pleasure said:

My friend of Indian heritage, says the People of colour refers to people from Southern Asia. She also refers to herself as brown.

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You’d hope that Hughton would insist on his own. 

And that's the constant we don't know when talking about incoming managers.

Some want their own coaching staff.

We just don't know what the Club insist on. Working within their parameter's. That will have a massive influence on who comes here, as well as agreeing to work with Ashton and our recruitment philosophy.

Prospective Coaches want backing their way. Or they succumb to our way.

Imo...we are pretty much squeeky clean regarding FFP ..lots like to push the limits on that. As they think short term.

24 minutes ago, spudski said:

Does Houghton use the same coaching team? Does he take them with him?

Will BCFC insist on the new Coach working with the present set up of coaches etc?

Colin Calderwood has followed him to a couple of clubs, tends to be his assistant.

Paul Trollope was at Brighton as his first team coach as well.

11 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

When would be an appropriate time to deploy an OTIB lookout to temple meads? 

Presuming we already have someone with binoculars trained on ashton gate car park?

More likely that a spotter looking out for a Learjet landing at Guernsey Airport might be more likely to yield a sighting.

Interesting that Birmingham and Clotet parted ways today rather than at the end of the season. Wondered if they wanted to try to tempt Hughton before we got our claws into him (he had a decent season with them before of course) 

12 minutes ago, eardun said:

Interesting that Birmingham and Clotet parted ways today rather than at the end of the season. Wondered if they wanted to try to tempt Hughton before we got our claws into him (he had a decent season with them before of course) 

They’ve been rumoured to be after Jokanovic since early June. 

1 hour ago, eardun said:

They have already approached him and turned them down. Basket case club no top manager will touch them.

According to a couple of click bait shitbag websites, Hughton has told ‘friends’ that his city appointment is imminent 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/individual-confident-of-landing-top-job-at-bristol-city/

https://www.footballinsider247.com/hughton-confident-of-landing-bristol-city-job-amid-gerrard-rangers-link/

Fingers crossed there’s some truth here

4 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

According to a couple of click bait shitbag websites, Hughton has told ‘friends’ that his city appointment is imminent 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/individual-confident-of-landing-top-job-at-bristol-city/

https://www.footballinsider247.com/hughton-confident-of-landing-bristol-city-job-amid-gerrard-rangers-link/

Not sure how credible those sites are but like you said fingers crossed.. i think the best any of us can do is guess at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Ye I’ve just read the same article fingers crossed this is true . As hughton is my 1st favourite and Gerrard second

6 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Good enough for me, I expect to see him on the roof at 3pm 

7 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

You are right, thats what they are - but even they will be right once in a while I suppose.

Archived