IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

19 minutes ago, bris red said:

Not sure how credible those sites are but like you said fingers crossed.. i think the best any of us can do is guess at the moment.

Unfortunately the timeframe doesn’t work out. Ashton said he hadn’t seen anyone on Wednesday. They might have met Hughton once in the interim, but wouldn’t have met the rest of the candidates. You’d expect at least a two round interview process. After very brief consideration during my mid morning poo my conclusion is: shite

6 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Unfortunately the timeframe doesn’t work out. Ashton said he hadn’t seen anyone on Wednesday. They might have met Hughton once in the interim, but wouldn’t have met the rest of the candidates. You’d expect at least a two round interview process. After very brief consideration during my mid morning poo my conclusion is: shite

You don’t know that. Football is completely different to a normal interview process. They may of met him last week and they were very impressed with him. They might of then had a board meeting and decided he’s the right man for the job .

11 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Football doesn't work like that, often they only meet 1 person if that's their prime target, in fact there has recently been criticism of the EFL's use of a Rooney rule like system because if a club doesn't go through a shortlisting process and only targets one person they don't need to interview a BAME candidate.

So if Hughton was our first choice and we spoke to him straight away we don't have to go through any sort of process.

14 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Wouldn't be the first time that Mr Soundbite has been a bit slippery with the truth though would it.... 

23 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

No lies, but there's always the phone!

11 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Football doesn't work like that, often they only meet 1 person if that's their prime target, in fact there has recently been criticism of the EFL's use of a Rooney rule like system because if a club doesn't go through a shortlisting process and only targets one person they don't need to interview a BAME candidate.

So if Hughton was our first choice and we spoke to him straight away we don't have to go through any sort of process.

Is this all ok process wise anyway if your 1 person is a BAME candidate.

4 minutes ago, The Gambler said:

Is this all ok process wise anyway if your 1 person is a BAME candidate.

Should be if just interviewing 1 person, if you're considering 2 and both are BAME would be interesting.

@Davefevs wonder if they may have interviewed some other person as well just because.....

4 minutes ago, City oz said:

Another load of crap of idiots pretending to be in the know. Covert has warped some of us. DH will have the job for the next 3 weeks.

I don’t think we’ll appoint anyone until our chances of the play offs - however slim - have completely ended.

8 minutes ago, City oz said:

Another load of crap of idiots pretending to be in the know. Covert has warped some of us. DH will have the job for the next 3 weeks.

I’m not ITK, but I still think we will announce our new head-coach ahead if the Stoke game, even if he doesn’t start his job til a point after.

I think we want new man to assess squad quickly in what is likely to be a short turn around ahead of 20/21, even if the transfer window goes on beyond..

I believe the players were told in March to not expect a close-season, and to go straight into pre-season.  They might get a week off, but that’ll be it.

Archived