IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Come on City... 

Just announce his appointment at 7pm tonight...

It's getting boring now! 

It took us 20 odd days mid season to appoint Johnson, good luck wanting an appointment after 9 when our season has practically petered out

9 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Would you recommend any Swedish coaches, don’t say Benny.

Lars Lagerbäck would be a great pick but it's not going to happen with Mark Ashton in charge. My pick is Eddie Howe with Mark Cooper as assistant.  I recommended Howe when McInness was appointed but here we go. Sorry for the delay in replying. My posts need to be approved by a moderator.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The games I’ve watched them, they are incredibly naive....we all know you get punished in the Prem, yet they continued to try to play their triangles in the centre of their defensive third, with full-backs high up.

Even in the Championship, you could get at them. You at times could get at Jokanovic's Fulham too and certainly Aston Villa under Smith.

Not necessarily the same with Nuno's Wolves, Wilder's Sheffield United, and more often than the above, Bielsa's Leeds or Frank's Brentford IMO. I've always thought these sides while certainly not defensive, negative or long ball, have/had a good or better anyway defensive structure as a team at this level- those I listed above...not so much! Those without it are and some of this is hindsight, always more likely to be exposed above.

If we don’t get him and Fulham don’t go up they obviously will. We need to work quickly to get this over the line if this is the guy the board want.

He’s the absolutely stand out obvious choice.. and the Bristol City thing to do in such a situation is bypass that and go for someone else!

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If we don’t get him and Fulham don’t go up they obviously will. We need to work quickly to get this over the line if this is the guy the board want.

He’s the absolutely stand out obvious choice.. and the Bristol City thing to do in such a situation is bypass that and go for someone else!

Absolutely! See: posting at top of page 22 of this thread, which received a certain amount of abuse from some of the wise guys on here! 

I’ve just got a horrible feeling that we will miss the boat on this one. It’s the City way, it’s never simple. 

He’s clearly the stand out candidate and I’ll be bitterly disappointed if he’s not the boards choice. Just get that feeling we will continue to go down the young coach route until we get it right. 

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve just got a horrible feeling that we will miss the boat on this one. It’s the City way, it’s never simple. 

He’s clearly the stand out candidate and I’ll be bitterly disappointed if he’s not the boards choice. Just get that feeling we will continue to go down the young coach route until we get it right. 

I hope I'm wrong Lew but I'm with you. With Fulham allegedly looking to replace Parker if they don't go up, CH would be perfect for them. Hopefully, they'll get Jokanovic back instead eh. 

1 hour ago, everreddy said:

Absolutely! See: posting at top of page 22 of this thread, which received a certain amount of abuse from some of the wise guys on here! 

I can’t see any ‘abuse’ in the replies to your post ‘at top of page 22 of this thread’ - bit of an overreaction? Just reasoned, balanced replies from the likes of @The Dolman Pragmatist and @BRISTOL86 from what I can see ... if people disagree with you, it isn’t abuse ...

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I hope I'm wrong Lew but I'm with you. With Fulham allegedly looking to replace Parker if they don't go up, CH would be perfect for them. Hopefully, they'll get Jokanovic back instead eh. 

Don’t think Hughton will be perfect, Fulham want to play attractive attacking football and are more invested in the youth than we are. Also with a couple of weeks left, Fulham still have a chance of automatics and if they don’t get there then they are definitely in the playoffs. Meaning we have plenty of time to get Hughton done if we wanted him 

15 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Can’t see Jokanovic coming back. There will be a number of offers for Hughton in the coming weeks when the season comes to an end, so we need to act fairly quickly.

We have an advantage as we’re 9 days into the process. 

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I can’t see any ‘abuse’ in the replies to ‘at top of page 22 of this thread’ - bit of an overreaction? 

Sorry, that should have read “one of the wise guys on here”!

Archived