IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

10 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Can’t see Jokanovic coming back. There will be a number of offers for Hughton in the coming weeks when the season comes to an end, so we need to act fairly quickly.

We have an advantage as we’re 9 days into the process. 

Can’t see Fulham changing their approach so much, think we’re preferred to Birmingham. The one I’m slightly worried about is Sheffield Wednesday as they could sack Monk

4 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Can’t see Fulham changing their approach so much, think we’re preferred to Birmingham. The one I’m slightly worried about is Sheffield Wednesday as they could sack Monk

Aren't Wednesday expecting a points deduction that could put them down or am I not up to date?

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Aren't Wednesday expecting a points deduction that could put them down or am I not up to date?

Very much a possibility,  they are waiting on a points deduction but it’s only 9 which will take them to 46 points. 1 point ahead of the drop. Still a good squad on them which could interest Hughton

10 hours ago, everreddy said:

Absolutely! See: posting at top of page 22 of this thread, which received a certain amount of abuse from some of the wise guys on here! 

I think it’s down to how we both phrased it. We were essentially making a similar point but I didn’t make an assumption that we aren’t being urgent about the appointment because I don’t know we aren’t. 

9 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve just got a horrible feeling that we will miss the boat on this one. It’s the City way, it’s never simple. 

He’s clearly the stand out candidate and I’ll be bitterly disappointed if he’s not the boards choice. Just get that feeling we will continue to go down the young coach route until we get it right. 

What if , just saying , that it’s Hughton who’s stringing us along ? 

Maybe he’s using the City interest as a ‘ shop window ‘ . 

Hughton Out 

:protest:

If he doesn’t want to come here he can do one .

9 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Very much a possibility,  they are waiting on a points deduction but it’s only 9 which will take them to 46 points. 1 point ahead of the drop. Still a good squad on them which could interest Hughton

Wednesday wouldn't interest him in the slightest IMO.

6 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Wednesday wouldn't interest him in the slightest IMO.

I think it may as he will look at the squad and think it’s a good experienced squad and how Sheffield United are doing right now and see it as a challenge, but I suppose it depends if they go down or keep Monk as if either happens then no chance he’ll go there

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

What if , just saying , that it’s Hughton who’s stringing us along ? 

Maybe he’s using the City interest as a ‘ shop window ‘ . 

Hughton Out 

:protest:

If he doesn’t want to come here he can do one .

Settle down Your Maj, its Bastille day and you won't be able to buy incontinence pads this afternoon 

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

its Bastille day and you won't be able to buy incontinence pads this afternoon 

Only available on the European mainland I believe.........

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Good , my son bought one of those from Apple the other day , I prefer my portable telephone. 

10 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Just putting the cat amongst the pigeons - if Fulham don’t go up and sack Scott Parker to then replace him with Hughton, would Parker then be an option for us?

No thanks, that Fulham team should be romping this league

Just now, Monkeh said:

Not with West brom and Leeds in it they shouldn't both have much better squads

I'd take Fulham's squad if they had an experienced manager, I think Leeds/West Brom are ahead of them because they've got Bielsa/Bilic not because of the quality of their squads

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In to 4/7 now from 8/13 at the bookies.

Oddschecker reporting that 72% of all bets on the market have gone on Hughton in the past 24 hours.

giphy.gif

Sorry Kid, you're not as smart (or ITK) as you think. You see, I happen to keep abreast of the insights of RigoNews, that bastion of football intel...

Get your money on Big Sam!

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Sorry Kid, you're not as smart (or ITK) as you think. You see, I happen to keep abreast of the insights of RigoNews, that bastion of football intel...

Get your money on Big Sam!

It’s so obvious, Deano as his assistant. ?

19 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve just got a horrible feeling that we will miss the boat on this one. It’s the City way, it’s never simple. 

He’s clearly the stand out candidate and I’ll be bitterly disappointed if he’s not the boards choice. Just get that feeling we will continue to go down the young coach route until we get it right. 

Based off previous appointments that were biggish names in their respective decisions, I'd say the "City way" is to  get the name appointment and then it not work out as well as we hoped. I'll be pleased if we get Chris Hughton but there's no guarantees.  Danny Wilson and Steve Coppell were names to get us promoted and the Championship is littered with big name appointments who have not panned out. When Cotts went, everyone was after Nigel Pearson. That summer, he went to Derby and was sacked within months. 

Hughton certainly has the best track record but I'm not getting carried away if he is appointed. Like any manager, he might succeed or he might not. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

It’s so obvious, Deano as his assistant. ?

Nope. Assistant will be Kevin Nolan, and he'll also be bringing Jay Jay Akocha and Nic Anelka with him.

They'll all be doing the Nolan chicken dance celebration when we score. Anelka will only stay for one year, then move on...

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

Nope. Assistant will be Kevin Nolan, and he'll also be bringing Jay Jay Akocha and Nic Anelka with him.

They'll all be doing the Nolan chicken dance celebration when we score. Anelka will only stay for one year, then move on...

Now that’s deep insight. Who’s the Source?

48 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In to 4/7 now from 8/13 at the bookies.

Oddschecker reporting that 72% of all bets on the market have gone on Hughton in the past 24 hours.

giphy.gif

Those odds you quote have drifted not come in.

Archived