IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In to 4/7 now from 8/13 at the bookies.

Oddschecker reporting that 72% of all bets on the market have gone on Hughton in the past 24 hours.

giphy.gif

Come on @Kid in the Riot, you're better than that. You're supposed to tell us if it's happening based on your sources and then WE get excited and post the GIFs.

I do wonder if the odds have shifted due to the articles posted yesterday about Hughton 'telling friends' that he's confident of the job? My feeling is that we're still a week or two away from making an appointment but that is based on the lack of rumours/my pessimism as opposed to any knowledge.

6 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Come on @Kid in the Riot, you're better than that. You're supposed to tell us if it's happening based on your sources and then WE get excited and post the GIFs.

I do wonder if the odds have shifted due to the articles posted yesterday about Hughton 'telling friends' that he's confident of the job? My feeling is that we're still a week or two away from making an appointment but that is based on the lack of rumours/my pessimism as opposed to any knowledge.

We need to hurry up or the person we want will be pinched by another club

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Mick McCarthy isn’t being interviewed tonight as he’s commentating on the West Brom v Fulham match. 

Is anyone watching? May be worth seeing if the question is asked....

10 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Wants £1m a year but Lansdown is balking 

If true then just pay him. He’s worth it. Amount of money we have wasted on crap managers and players over the years and we even have to think twice about paying a proven manager like Hughton that salary ?

3 minutes ago, chucky said:

That's less than 20k per week. 

What sort of money would the club be looking to pay for a manager/head coach to "get us over the line" as SL said? 

About £7.5k per week more than Johnson. 
Just get rid of O’Dowda and you’re sorted for the difference.  

5 hours ago, mozo said:

Sorry Kid, you're not as smart (or ITK) as you think. You see, I happen to keep abreast of the insights of RigoNews, that bastion of football intel...

Get your money on Big Sam!

I’d be happy with that.

7 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

If true then just pay him. He’s worth it. Amount of money we have wasted on crap managers and players over the years and we even have to think twice about paying a proven manager like Hughton that salary ?

With zero fans going into the stadium maybe Lansdown doesn’t want to pay twice the salary of the manager he’s just sacked. 

Just now, Will b11 said:

Bristol city supporters page posted it on twitter for anyone wondering , he doesn’t link a article though . If anyone can find a source for it then it would be much appreciated 

probably made up nonsense if its from that account then

I'm supposing that the reason Lansdown would in theory balk at that salary is the possibility of continuing to pay it if they sack him at any stage. In which case they'd prefer a shorter contract.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

With zero fans going into the stadium maybe Lansdown doesn’t want to pay twice the salary of the manager he’s just sacked. 

Well then he needs to stop talking about premiership football as we have little chance of getting there without a decent manager. 

3 minutes ago, Henry said:

I’d be happy with that.

That too? ⬇️

5 hours ago, mozo said:

Nope. Assistant will be Kevin Nolan, and he'll also be bringing Jay Jay Akocha and Nic Anelka with him.

They'll all be doing the Nolan chicken dance celebration when we score. Anelka will only stay for one year, then move on...

1 minute ago, ben91tucker said:

If he wants gerrard he would be having to pay a serious compensation fee and he would demand a similar wage also I would imagine. If your not willing to meet that wage then surely would only be looking at the flynn, lowe and wellens area. 

Exactly. IF we’re interviewing big names, then obviously we must know what sort of pay they want. Why do people assume these stupid stories are true?

5 minutes ago, ben91tucker said:

If he wants gerrard he would be having to pay a serious compensation fee and he would demand a similar wage also I would imagine. If your not willing to meet that wage then surely would only be looking at the flynn, lowe and wellens area. 

Roughly how much would it be to look at Wellens area?

Asking for a friend...

Archived