IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Balking at a £1m salary? Wait until he finds out what Gerrard is on at Rangers (£2.5m)...

Genuine question here. 
On all transfer rumours I tended to take as that unless you quoted I started to believe there may be some truth in it. But you’ve not posted with much certainty on this managers post. 
Was your insider LJ? 

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I cant imagine this is true. If he is genuinely serious about promotion then that amount does not seem unreasonable.

If he isnt willing to pay that then stop talking about promotion and stop letting Ashton continuously waste money.

Agreed. That's peanuts in today's market. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Balking at a £1m salary? Wait until he finds out what Gerrard is on at Rangers (£2.5m)...

That would seem a huge gamble, paying off what remains of his Rangers contract and , I suppose, offering him either the same money or more to come to Bristol . I suspect that we won’t be seeing SG on the tracksuit top in the near future.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Pat Lam is rumored to be on £750k a year, so £1m surely cant be an issue.  I would imagine the biggest concern for the club is Hughton maybe not being the Johnson type coach they would prefer.

7 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I cant imagine this is true. If he is genuinely serious about promotion then that amount does not seem unreasonable.

If he isnt willing to pay that then stop talking about promotion and stop letting Ashton continuously waste money.

You’re not paying it though, are you?

This “serious about promotion” bit, you do know no one guarantees promotion, do they?

Plus SL has spent a fortune of his own money on the club, do you really think he doesn’t want to go up?

If true (& I have no idea if it is) this seems to be a huge salary for a Championship manager, more than double many who are doing well (Harris, Rowett, Neil, Bowyer) in our league are on.

10 hours ago, Hare Island said:

Wants £1m a year but Lansdown is balking 

How would the twitter page (which doesn’t have any first hand ITK info) know that. As above, Lansdown and Ashton would obviously know the going rate for managers like Hughton. It wouldn’t come as a huge shock.

10 hours ago, Midred said:

As a matter of interest  where was Allardyce last employed and how long was he there for?

4 hours ago, walnutroof said:

Everton, took over from Koeman and was there 6-7 months and from what i remember stabilised them but the fans didn’t like the football 

Allardyce unofficially announced his retirement a couple of years ago. A lot of people retire and then come back, but would he want to do that at City?  A wodge of cash might tempt him but, if as reported, SL doesn’t want to pay pay top dollar that’s unlikely to happen 

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You’re not paying it though, are you?

This “serious about promotion” bit, you do know no one guarantees promotion, do they?

Plus SL has spent a fortune of his own money on the club, do you really think he doesn’t want to go up?

If true (& I have no idea if it is) this seems to be a huge salary for a Championship manager, more than double many who are doing well (Harris, Rowett, Neil, Bowyer) in our league are on.

I knew some smart ass would say I'm not paying it. 

Offcourse I'm not, I dont own the club and not worth a billion? ( cant be far off). 

All those managers have nothing on Hughton at this level. Nothing even close so a pretty poor comparison.

If hes willing to waste money on  countless players, you'd think a top level coach at this level wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

That all being said, its probably a bullshit story anyway.

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Allardyce unofficially announced his retirement a couple of years ago. A lot of people retire and then come back, but would he want to do that at City?  A wodge of cash might tempt him but, if as reported, SL doesn’t want to pay pay top dollar that’s unlikely to happen 

I can't see us going for someone like Allardyce. Doesn't seem like a very Bristol City appointment at all.

Who we appoint next will be a direct indicator of where we are as a club, it is that simple. All of the lingo bingo by Ashton et al will be put to one side, and we will see where we are.

option 1 - Hughton, Gerrard, Allardyce or similar. We are not trading our best players Unless it’s a deal we can’t refuse, we are likely to sign players ready to go, and we are oooking at prem in 2-3 seasons maximum.

option 2 - Lowe, Wellens, Flynn or similar. We will trade best players, bring through youth and rough diamonds from lower leagues. Prem, maybe quickly but more likely status quo and top 6 would be amazing. 

either option has its ups and downs, but this is the most transparent decision we will see, which is very interesting! 

We'd obviously all like promotion - but as most managers fail, rather than succeed, there's a tiny little part of me thinking that appointing a big name manager, who then goes on to fail, whilst whoever the likes of Ryan Lowe etc go on to manage, surge into the premiership and europa league, might just shut a few people up once our next managerial appointment process comes around..! 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We'd obviously all like promotion - but as most managers fail, rather than succeed, there's a tiny little part of me thinking that appointing a big name manager, who then goes on to fail, whilst whoever the likes of Ryan Lowe etc go on to manage, surge into the premiership and europa league, might just shut a few people up once our next managerial appointment process comes around..! 

Or the more likely scenario of us appointing a Ryan Lowe and finishing bottom half and then watching Fulham take Hughton and go up.

Any managerial appointment is somewhat of a gamble. I suppose it’s just a case of how far we’re willing to go to shorten our odds of promotion. 

3 minutes ago, Kibs said:

£1m a year, or in footballers terms, £19k a week.

For those balking at the idea, what do you think our top players earn?

We paid Lois Diony £20k a week so if SL can't see the value in paying an experienced manager like Chris Hughton £20k a week, then we might as well give up.

20 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Afobe is on £35K a week,  a percentage of which is paid by Stoke. But that is an indicator of the kind of wages being paid for a good Championship striker.

34 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I don't think anyone is 'balking' at it on here, obviously it's easy to spend someone elses money, but I think the general consensus seems to be that would be a fair wage if it's the going rate.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Where has all this £1m salary stuff come from?

The 'Bristol City Supporters Page' on Twitter. Fan run, and not necessarily ITK. 

I think they do chat to people like Gregor McG but wouldn't necessarily know 100% about the salary rumour.

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

If Lois was on £20k a week, then I'm worth at least £12k and I haven't kicked a football in 5 years....... 

Good to see you back on here as Badger08 after your stint as 'jesus'!

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

It is very true, while at City the young man was not very good. Where is he now? Clermont Ferrand in Ligue 3?

Still at St. Etienne. Hasn't played too much but got a couple of goals in Ligue 1.

I remember when he joined lots of respected French football writers were saying he was far better than Diedhiou. I get the impression he was in a bad place whilst here.

Archived