IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

8 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

CH is on Sky punditary duties this afternoon, wonder if he will be asked about his next job? 

It’s all falling into place. Sky sports is only 42 minutes drive from Watford FC. 

On 18/07/2020 at 02:53, Davefevs said:

The Ghandi in Clifton’s madras was hotter than any madras I’ve ever had.

But I once (only once) had a vindaloo in Preston that was ridiculous.  I was “dabbing” gently the next day I can tell you.  Was playing in my works national cup, and we played Blackburn at Darwin FC!  Lost 3-1 in extra time.

The hottest curry I ever experienced was in Colombo, Sri Lanka . I had spent three weeks  exploring the island and got a bit fed up being treated as a lame tourist with their watered down dishes .

I explained to the waiter that I was British and proper curries presented no problem for me and I was keen to try a real Ceylonese curry .

Big mistake ! 

It took me half an hour for the hiccups to stop . I did , manfully , finish my meal with loads of dessicated coconut which calms the spices down . A little tip there, sugar not water is the answer to overheated digestive systems ! 

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Odds have quickly drifted on him to Watford and is 4th favourite, Claude Puel come in as favourite, Cowley has lower odds than Hughton :laugh:

The only people who are happy with City taking so long to appoint a new manager are the bookies. They are making a fortune because of the rumours as to who is going to get the job. Remember, bookies don’t lose money, except for Gary Wiltshire 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/racing/news/12040/10594373/bookmaker-gary-wiltshire-recalls-losing-1million-on-frankie-dettoris-magnificent-seven

Just now, Lez said:

We should have gone all out to get Hughton. We didnt. Explanation please.

You know that how ? 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

It’s all falling into place. Sky sports is only 42 minutes drive from Watford FC. 

On that basis he’s definitely going to Brentford ! 

2 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

Logic right there.

Can't work out if you are a troll or just simple.

Give him the package he wants. He joins. We obviously wouldn't do that because he would challenge MA and the board. 

1 minute ago, Lez said:

Give him the package he wants. He joins. We obviously wouldn't do that because he would challenge MA and the board. 

Give him whatever he wants? He might want an unreasonable salary and an unreasonable level of control, or any other unacceptable terms we know nothing about. And he might have had an interview and be mulling over an offer- neither you nor I have a clue about the truth.

Just now, Leveller said:

Give him whatever he wants? He might want an unreasonable salary and an unreasonable level of control, or any other unacceptable terms we know nothing about. And he might have had an interview and be mulling over an offer- neither you nor I have a clue about the truth.

Wants an unreasonable amount of control? 

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

Okay ill indulge myself.

So lets say for sake of agreement he wants  a 3 year contract, 3 million a year, a new back room team and money to spend of at least 15 million. You would be happy to just sign off without exploring any other options?

Just now, RedHienz said:

Okay ill indulge myself.

So lets say for sake of agreement he wants  a 3 year contract, 3 million a year, a new back room team and money to spend of at least 15 million. You would be happy to just sign off without exploring any other options?

That's unrealistic so your post is irrelevant.

Just now, Leveller said:

Yes - eg complete control over recruitment, which we can guess is unlikely.

Unlikely yes but why is it unreasonable?

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

That's unrealistic so your post is irrelevant.

So you would not just sign off on it, nor would any sane management team.

You literally said give him whatever he wants, not sure how my reply is that unrealistic or irrelevant in response to you. 

As ever your we bow to your insightful and thought provoking posts.

Just now, RedHienz said:

So you would not just sign off on it, nor would any sane management team.

You literally said give him whatever he wants, not sure how my reply is that unrealistic or irrelevant in response to you. 

As ever your we bow to your insightful and thought provoking posts.

he wouldn't want 3 million a year so its irrelevant.

31 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

You know that how ? 

On that basis he’s definitely going to Brentford ! 

Remember- Elvis Costello sang “I don’t want to go to Chelsea”. Hughton has been heard singing “I don’t want to go to Brentford” 

18 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Ain’t that the truth! I wish people would stop assuming what is going on behind the scenes.

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

Because he was on 550k a year at Brighton.

That's irrelevant, climate has changed and for any club wanting to reach the supposed promised land he will know his worth.

The point is you have zero idea what demands he would have yet you were willing to sign off on whatever he wanted. 

4 minutes ago, Lez said:

Because he was on 550k a year at Brighton.

More to the point, he may well be weighing up all the potential options. Watford now vacant and may stay up. Huddersfield available. Fulham may be available if not promoted. Bournemouth may be available if/when relegated. And so on. So you can’t possibly say it must be BCFCs fault - even if they definitely want him.

1 minute ago, RedHienz said:

That's irrelevant, climate has changed and for any club wanting to reach the supposed promised land he will know his worth.

The point is you have zero idea what demands he would have yet you were willing to sign off on whatever he wanted. 

Its called fact. Let's leave it there.

Just now, Leveller said:

More to the point, he may well be weighing up all the potential options. Watford now vacant and may stay up. Huddersfield available. Fulham may be available if not promoted. Bournemouth may be available if/when relegated. And so on. So you can’t possibly say it must be BCFCs fault - even if they definitely want him.

Dither and delay this is what can happen.

Archived