IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

22 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

How much of a transfer fund do you think we have available this summer?

Im pretty sure we will move on quite a few this year which will free up some funds . I would like to think SL would back him with more money than ever given to a City manager as he’s a proven winner . Couldn’t put a number in it  . Media seem to think it’s Danny Cowley  

3 hours ago, Lez said:

We should have gone all out to get Hughton. We didnt. Explanation please.

1 hour ago, Bristolded1987 said:

I’ve just got back from London where we have a new carehome being built . And just drove past Chris Hughton in a black Mercedes between membury and Swindon 

This could get interesting for Lez. ?

1 minute ago, shelts said:

Im pretty sure we will move on quite a few this year which will free up some funds . I would like to think SL would back him with more money than ever given to a City manager as he’s a proven winner . Couldn’t put a number in it  . Media seem to think it’s Danny Cowley  

a) We'd need to have clubs willing to take them on

b) In this financial climate? No income for months now and little prospect of much moving forward for a good while at least

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if any new gaffer will have to work with what they have plus the odd loan/free transfer for this season and purse strings loosened 21/22 should revenue streams be getting back to normal.

50 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

a) We'd need to have clubs willing to take them on

b) In this financial climate? No income for months now and little prospect of much moving forward for a good while at least

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if any new gaffer will have to work with what they have plus the odd loan/free transfer for this season and purse strings loosened 21/22 should revenue streams be getting back to normal.

Really good points and some I’d not thought of . Might need a wheeler dealer !!

14 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Nothing more annoying than this. 

"Oh, I'm know something you don't know, or I'm pretending too" 

It won't be that annoying if it turns out that there's something exciting about to happen. If not, I'll boo...

If we were talking about a player, a lot of us would be concerned that we were giving a nice little earner to a someone looking for a nice part of the world to retire in. 
I like Hughton and admire what he has done, but I don’t know him well enough to know if he is still motivated enough to work out here. He has achieved promotion out of this league more than once, he has nothing to prove, it’s not a new fresh challenge in that respect. 

Just now, Badger08 said:

Well it is, as if you've got something to say, just say it rather than trying to make everyone ask for the info that you acting like you've got. Just pure attention seeking. 

The problem is that if people who know bits and pieces just blurt it out for all to see - they'd stop finding out bits and pieces very quickly. 

That's the issue for lots of people who hear things about the club, they'd probably love to tell us all but can't otherwise their sources would dry up fast. 

It's cryptic clues and occasional emojis or nothing at all until they're able to reveal more.

2 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Well it is, as if you've got something to say, just say it rather than trying to make everyone ask for the info that you acting like you've got. Just pure attention seeking. 

I’m not ‘making’ anyone ask anything. And I’m not at liberty to say what I heard or from where. Sources must always be strictly protected Badge, otherwise they easily become ex-sources. 
For a little bit of additional context, I’m not saying this is definitely happening, but it’s definitely not dead in the water. 
There you go. No one needs to be made to ask anything more. 

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

Think I'd rather hear nothing then get a ?

Just annoying. Might be just me though. 

I think it's just you. There are certain posters on here where you know something is happening just from an emoji. If that's the best we can hear at this time, then that's fine. Better than nothing.

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m not ‘making’ anyone ask anything. And I’m not at liberty to say what I heard or from where. Sources must always be strictly protected Badge, otherwise they easily become ex-sources. 
For a little bit of additional context, I’m not saying this is definitely happening, but it’s definitely not dead in the water. 

good enough for me get him on that bloody roof

38 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I like Hughton and admire what he has done, but I don’t know him well enough to know if he is still motivated enough to work out here. He has achieved promotion out of this league more than once, he has nothing to prove, it’s not a new fresh challenge in that respect. 

I guess every challenge is different though? Newcastle was a squad that was just too good for the division. Brighton arguably quite similar to us? Ex top flight for a few seasons then a bit of time in all of the other 3 divisions before a new owner & ground brought some momentum. 

I think the challenge with City is quite an appetising one, surely, with the owner, the ground & the size of the city that would appeal. 

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

I believe Harry is spot on , to paraphrase if you allow me , it possibly will or possibly won’t happen.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Ooh, a bit of hope. Now which thread am I on again ?

Archived