IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

I guess every challenge is different though? Newcastle was a squad that was just too good for the division. Brighton arguably quite similar to us? Ex top flight for a few seasons then a bit of time in all of the other 3 divisions before a new owner & ground brought some momentum. 

I think the challenge with City is quite an appetising one, surely, with the owner, the ground & the size of the city that would appeal. 

Yes I can see there are fresh aspects to it, although the things that you say appeal are the things that worry me a little. People do say we are too nice as a city and as a club and I can see the appeal to someone nearing the end of their career. If it comes off great, if it doesn't I am living in a nice part of the world with a nice retirement fund.
I just wonder whether we would be better off with someone younger and ambitious to move on past us, they would need to be successful with us to achieve that. 

3 minutes ago, City oz said:

Agreed same old same old. About time the thread stopped.

Thanks SBB. I bet the board of directors are laughing if they are reading the posts about Houghton over the past 3 or 4 weeks. 

Houghton is not coming to Ashton gate ( hopefully proved wrong) The dreamers on here who pretend to know who the next manager is going to be I’m a bit worried that they may now need some kind of help psychology or need to get the old monopoly or scrabble board games out of the cupboard.

The Bristol City board  should be respected and will make the correct choice as they are fully aware of the previous manager in the roll and the previous managers abilities that fell short as we know when it counted.

The board now will be looking at and have all ready probably interviewed firstly by SKYPE with the potential applicants management team and also under took interviews  personally out of bristol.

For some on here that claim to have  seen this manager and that manager  on the M4 heading to Bristol is totally stupid.

30 minutes ago, City oz said:

Thanks SBB. I bet the board of directors are laughing if they are reading the posts about Houghton over the past 3 or 4 weeks. 

Houghton is not coming to Ashton gate ( hopefully proved wrong) The dreamers on here who pretend to know who the next manager is going to be I’m a bit worried that they may now need some kind of help psychology or need to get the old monopoly or scrabble board games out of the cupboard.

The Bristol City board  should be respected and will make the correct choice as they are fully aware of the previous manager in the roll and the previous managers abilities that fell short as we know when it counted.

The board now will be looking at and have all ready probably interviewed firstly by SKYPE with the potential applicants management team and also under took interviews  personally out of bristol.

For some on here that claim to have  seen this manager and that manager  on the M4 heading to Bristol is totally stupid.

Just found it a bit silly, wanting a thread to stop yet continuing to post in it.

Edit: changed for the confused emoji, maybe makes more sense 

9 minutes ago, SBB said:

Just found it a bit silly, wanting a thread to stop yet continuing to post in it.

Edit: changed for the confused emoji, maybe makes more sense 

Appreciate it. I have been board to tears reading it. Lets agree to disagree. We all would like the best for the club. Too many dreamers though that pretend to be in the know.

14 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not a very convincing article...and it’s the Mail...but even so....

Very ‘loose’ article as you say but hopefully there has to be some semblance of truth if Nationals are reporting it. 

Today has been a rumour mill joyride! 

We started off with the Cowleys odds on.

Then Lowe storms to odds on.

Then we're given a glimmer of hope that Gerrard could still happen.

Then the Neil odds are slashed and a poster confirms it's done.

Now some sinister newspaper has us in talks with Hughton!

Lovely stuff. 

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Lovely stuff. 

I missed the Colin link. 

21 hours ago, Harry said:

?

20 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

The headline says ‘ in talks’ but the article says ‘has held talks’ which is very different as several applicants would have held talks. It strikes me as a typical nothing story.

Well done Johnny boy. 
You’re on the money. 
My eyes last night were to confirm that Hughton ‘has had’ talks. 
Far as I know, he’s now waiting for our response. 
Which is what leads me down the ‘we’re still after Gerrard’ route. 

38 minutes ago, mozo said:

Lovely stuff. 

Just sums Bristol City up nicely

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well done Johnny boy. 
You’re on the money. 

It’s a little bit like being asked out by the best looking girl in school.  But you want to wait until you’ve heard back off the considerably less fit girl, because your mates would think you’re cooler if you go out with her. 

Madness. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well done Johnny boy. 
You’re on the money. 

I've been convinced that the club have Gerrard as their number one target but I've also said that if anybody needs convincing to come here, then its the wrong appointment.

Hughton seems keen and he ticks a lot of boxes, muck him about and they'll lose him.

Then we'll have Cowley and "always our number one target" bollocks.

If Hughton is keen and Gerrard isn't - its a no brainer, get Hughton on board before he moves on.

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well done Johnny boy. 
You’re on the money. 

I'm struggling to see what they're trying to balance up if this is true. Surely the money involved with getting Gerrard out of rangers would be significant, VS free agent Hughton who has solid experience at this level, may demand a higher wage (?) But surely it's a no brainer to go with the experienced head? 

Archived